It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned Books& Authors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATS, Have you ever wondered why do they ban certain books, according to this website, here are some of the following organizations which censors and ban books:

web.archive.org...

Can any of you guys list some possible ban books?

Thanks This will be an informative discussion. i will like to know more

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
See, that link only lists names of organizations. It doesn't cite examples of books they've banned, what the banning influenced (did the organization tell its members not to purchase the books, thereby being a boycott, not a ban, or did an entire nation/world legally restrict publishing the book?), and what the ramifications were. The only two that were supported by links were news personalities, and that was simply an attempt to discredit the information, not ban it.

There is no evidence backing the site's claims. I guess I'm "banning" their list because I don't think it's credible and I'm voicing my opinion...If they offered corroborating evidence, it might at least shed some light that they didn't just throw a bunch of controversial organizations into a hat and draw a few to decide who was banning books.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Books are not always banned ...you just cannot get them from normal sources. Out of print etc.
I have several books I have obtained over the years in hardback by a author named Anthony Sutton.

Wall Street and FDR
Wall Street and the rise of Hitler
Wall Street and the Bolshivek Revolution
The War on Gold
National Suicide or Military Aid to the Soviet Union

This Anthony Sutton was a Research Fellow at The Hoover Institute and Stanford University, also a Economics Professor.

Suddenly it seems you can no longer find his books and what books are available are printed overseas. It is as if he is suddenly persona non grata..in the book publishing industry. I suspect he has hit a bit to close to the mark...politically and economically
It was by reading his books that I first got the clue and later confirmation that the State Department does not work in the best intrest of the American People. They work in the intrest of someone but not the American people. This is why their decisions often seem to be so anti Amerinan. I also got the impression that much of the CIAs operations are on the behalf of the US State Department...not always the Amerinan people and often operating independently of the Executive Branch of government. There seems to be a huge rift between the operations of the Defense Department and the State Department as if they are in competition with each other. Little or none of this is ever clarified by the news media who is looking out for us. Any of them.
If there is any truth to this I can see why Anthony Sutton suddenly became persona non grata.
However on the other hand I can see why different groups would want books banned. They dont want you thinking
outside their box..that they want to put you in and keep you there. Sort of like the Catholic church did back in history ..they read the mass and the bible in Latin and did not encourage the public to read the bible. Most peoples under the Catholic umbrella didnt read latin. Hence control.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok could you give me some info on where you got those books orangetom? it will be good to get a read up on those... yea I heard about how Wallstreet was instrumental on the rise of Hitler, and the famous City: London.. yes London. Roles in world Politics...

Could it be that these books went out of print on purpose?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You may want to peruse these threads:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

[edit on 29/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No problem Crusader. Glad to help.
My copies I got from a used book store. He just happened to have one of the books for which I was looking ...The War on Gold. Unbeknownst to me he had all the rest by the same author. I didnt even know he had written them. I too had heard about the Wall Street Involvement with the various revolutions and rises to power of these people. White house involvement too.

I would recommend you start by checking out Amazon or Barnes and Noble to see if they stock them. Probably through one of their used dealers with which they affiliate. I have ordered many books in this manner.
You can also check used book stores as did I but also know that they sometimes have computer links to other used book stores and can look it up for you.
The important number you need is the ISBN number from the inside of he first four or five pages. This number will get you into any book index available in the world. These numbers are also available on line ..when you look them up on different sites. Punch in the title and or author and different items will come up. Sometimes you can even use this ISBN number.

Also Crusader ..I did not know you were intrested in the City of London. Also sometimes refered to as "The City".
I first learned of this by way of some taped history lectures then later had it reinforced by a very short but thorough book titled:

The Empire of the City
by E.C. Knuth

This short book gives some very informative history on the dealings of the merchants of London ...dealings and double dealings. Also the Drug and Weapons dealers. This is also not a book to be found in public librarys as are Anthony Sutton's books.

Hope this helps Crusader..good luck and good hunting.
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Also Crusader ..I did not know you were intrested in the City of London. Also sometimes refered to as "The City".

Oh mightly yes, i am intrested in Ole london , it got some intresting History... It's where the money is at.

Anyway thanks to the next poster, who is refering me to the threads at abovetopsecret, thanks..

Be bless

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I live in Alberta, Canada, and I don't know of any books that have ever been banned here, but I do know that in the past, the movies "A Clockwork Orange" and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" were banned provincewide. They no longer are; in fact, I saw Cuckoo's nest in high school english class, and have also seen Clockwork orange.

Just a week or so ago, my mom was reading a book called "The Satanic Verses" (I forget the author's name) which has been banned in many Islamic countries, and the author lives in fear of his life. According to my mom, it's also a really crappy book, too; she didn't finish it.

join