It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no new flu shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Not sleeping to much lately and thinking about this new flu,that" might not even hit this world.Why dont we have a flu shot made yet?.if 1/2 the world could or might die?.i just hop we are ready for this horrible flu..new news is welcome or info..Thanks from PLU

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We dont produce flu shots in the USA. Why not? I dont know.

They say (voices on the radio) that you should get the regular flu shot anyways because even though its not made for the Avian strain of flu it will help fight off whatever may come.
Also Tamiflu is said to "maybe" ward it off. To make a long story short, it appears that we are not safe at all since it takes years to concoct the particular flu shot.
I cant understand how this government can condemn abortions when they want to kill us as their ultimate goal. There is no excuse for there not being enough vaccines for the entire world and us.

Are we schitzophrenic or what?

[edit on 26-10-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
payinblack,

A vaccine cannot be made untill an outbreak occurs. Why? scientist need to see the exact form and base the vaccine on it. 4-8 months to get a vaccine. Flue shots you get every year are 'best quesses" on what will be around and are prepared ahead of time. It means you are innoculated aginst those you recived the shot for and no others. So if a differnt form comes around you can still get sick.

Tamiflu is not a vaccine but rather an anti-viral agent that appears to work well against Influenza A. However, there are disturbing reports that H5N1 has mutated in some cases and the tamiflu was not effective.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well Fred, i hear this epidemic is extremely close to the 1918 Spanish flu. Couldnt they research that one?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well Fred, i hear this epidemic is extremely close to the 1918 Spanish flu. Couldnt they research that one?

Two different animals The Avian Influenza we are worried about today is H5N1

The Spanish Flu in 1918 was H1N1
The Asian Flu in 1957 was H2N2
The Hong Kong Flu in 1968 was H3N2

The classification system is explained in a thread I started Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
But they are all fundementaly different animals altogehter.

[edit on 10/27/05 by FredT]

top topics

join