It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird flu 'passed between humans'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is an older report but I didn't see it on the boards when I made a few searches. THought I'd post it here despite it's age!

news.bbc.co.uk...

Scientists have said a woman who died of bird flu probably contracted the disease from her daughter.

The researchers from the Thai Ministry of Public Health warn it is likely there will be more cases where the virus is passed from human to human.

Professor John Oxford, a leading UK expert, said the virus had broken down the "final door" which prevented it being spread between people.

Seems like the Z and Z+ strains that forced scientists to create a new method for creating flu vaccines, since they killed the eggs before any testing could be done.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The thing is that the current avian flu, despite the possibility that it is in Turkey and Romania, seems to be stalled out and not spreading with much force at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
The thing is that the current avian flu, despite the possibility that it is in Turkey and Romania, seems to be stalled out and not spreading with much force at all.

I don't think so....

I think that other countries are just not reporting infections. There seems to be a mindset of ignoring this thing until it bites you hard. Most countries would loath to be on the red list for exporting their poultry, as many depend on these exports. I think you'll find more reports in the coming months after H5N1 becomes endemic in the region as it is now in SE Asia.

join