It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are companies hiding CEO earnings??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I just saw this article today on MSN that CEO's are receiving huge bonuses and pension plans, which their companies are trying to hide. At the same time those companies are pushing their employees on 401k plans. The article also says that this lack of information can bring huge problems for investors causing them to make big mistakes.

'Stealth' pensions hide huge CEO payouts

Is this another case of the the rich get richer?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
``

still another way, which i did not find in the article, of 'gilding the lilly'
to the top executives, CEOs, CFOs, etc....is the pay-out called
'Deferred Compensation"

i think it still is being paid by Halliburton to our VP Cheney....

so, just being given a bottom-line number of what a Pen$ion is worth....
is still not giving anyone a true & actual corporate expense figure.

also, remember when Mr Jack Welsh was found out to be receiving perks like private jets & yachts as 'thank-you' perks (to just suppliment his retirement) on top of his multi-million per year retirement award....
out of 'humility' & ethical considerations mr Welsh declined those GE provided retirement perks....and thus saved GE & himself more embarassment at such blatent class & lordship stigmas

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its disgusting sometimes what CEO's make per year.

A while back I read a news article about a corp that was going to sack 400 people from a factory. The reporter got hold of how much the CEO of the company was actualy making.

He calculated that if the CEO's wages were quartered, leaving him with still a huge paycheck, the 400 factory workers could be payed for at least another 3 years with money to spare, from just 3/4ths of what this CEO makes in 1 single year. He didn't take into account any comps the CEO also got on his job, comps like expenses, pension, health insurance, life insurance and bonuses.

Thats how bussines works these days.

Worst is, the CEO's actualy get huge bonusses for sacking these people too.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sarbanes and Oxley?

My dad is a ceo, I get to hear all the nitty gritty, since the sarbanes-oxley act, most of that stuff has stopped completely. At least on the large-scale. Personally it doesn't affect our family, my dad is pretty good at following the rules

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
After studying the corporate reporting requirements implemented in 2002 (including Sarbanes, which I have always thought was trying to put a haphazard band aid on the problem), I'm surprised it took them this long to find that loophole. The law prohibiting this needs to be made more flexible.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It depends how big the Company is. Another thing to consider is the laws of the country where the CEO works. In most cases, this falls down to labor law. In certain countries, you have to declare "truthfully" any income, be it bonus, incentives or housing etc. These are taxables too.
They have a way of checking this. Certain violations lead to administartive violations which can cause the violator a fine.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

new topics

top topics

join