It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Nominates Harriet Miers to Supreme Court

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There's a conspiracy theory in the works that's actually pretty scary.

Take a look at Bush's comments on wanting unilateral use of the military to take control for domestic purposes like the Bird Flu.
Look at his approval ratings. Look at the indictments and exposing culture of corruption. Look at what happened when a Democratic controlled congress suddenly changed hands under a Democratic president. Look to 2006. Remember Clinton. Remember Nixon. Remember Bush's alcoholism and reported paranoia.

Then ask yourself why the only qualification for a new SCOTUS at this time would be loyalty.

There's some "dynasty" posturing in the works that has nothing to do with anything "American."

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
There's a conspiracy theory in the works that's actually pretty scary.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this nomination. But...

Then ask yourself why the only qualification for a new SCOTUS at this time would be loyalty.

That makes perfect sense.

Also she will never, EVER, write a judgement helself.
Her clerks will (what do we know about them?), or she will just side with whatever majority she is told to, kinda like "hey... get me a cup of coffee"; "Yes Sir! Right away Mr. President!"

Or do they need a "throw away candidate" to fail at the process for some reason?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
She sounds more and more like a Camilla Parker-Bowles to me. Could she be Bush's bit on the side who he needs to keep happy? Where's my eye-soap?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join