It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plum Island New York

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Does anyone have any information about Plum Island NY? I know that it is a small island off of Long Island that is restricted to the public. It is home to an animal germ research center, but the lack of information about the island makes me think that it is more likely germ warfare research.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Can;t say for sure, but I remeber reading something about this facility in Ken Alibek's book "Biohazard"

Maybe try searching for that, hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think its an animal research center that handles animal diseases and whatnot. My dad told me about it when we use to live in connecticut. They do experiments and stuff. I think it isn't that bad of conspiracy but still interesting to find out more about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It seems pretty obvious that it is exactly what it seems. If you google it you'll find this...Which you may find interesting.

If you aren't allowed on the grass do you assume that it's because there's a secret government lab beneath it?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dude, Shorty thats freaky! MY dad told me that somebody stole smallpox from his work or something. That means his office is a level 4? what? I've been in there and the only evidence of a level 4 would be the chemical lab. That is so weird. he DOES NOT work at plum island because we live in california.

HE is a doctor. Not sc ientist.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Plum Island is a research center, they study the effects of various disease agents on animals. There is also talk of it being rebuilt and upgraded into a bio-terrorism research facility. The US does do biowarefare research, technically its only for defence.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I read a book about it that was good, it is a germ research center I believe.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I read a book about it that was good, it is a germ research center I believe.

Was it this one, swampcricket?

Lab 257
The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Plum Island Germ Laboratory

by Michael C Carroll

Lab 257 reveals the frightening true story of an unknown island situated in the shadow of New York City, nestled within the playground of America's elite, the Hamptons.Unveiled as a Cold War biological warfare laboratory, Plum Island struggled for half a century in the name of animal science for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and is now in the hands of the new Department of Homeland Security. Yet its achievements have been marred by outrageous biological and environmental mishaps. A shoddily built and poorly managed germ lab that threatens our environs with biological and ecological pollution, Plum Island remains -- at this very moment, as Lab 257 shows -- a ticking time bomb.

zero lift

[edit on 13-11-2005 by zero lift]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes, I have read about this place. It was previously used for biological warfare research. I forget what, but i believe they had a leak of some sort, and goverment funding was cut for that reason. If memory serves me correctly, there was once a level 4 lab inside this facility. It has supposedly since been dismantled and destroyed. Now the facility is supposedly used for animal research, as everyone else has said. And yes, there have been talks of recommisioning it for anti-terrorism use. Also from what i have read, the facility was extremely poorly made, and in its great days, suffered from air leaks around ventilation systems and other poorly made walls. This is not good, because the whole place is supposed to be negatively pressured... and it has leaks. This is another reason it was previously closed. Now that it is reopened, not too much is known about what goes on, aside from what they say. And about the smallpox being stolen, whoever posted that,either your father works for an incredibly famous lab or he is messing with you. The international smallpox supply is supposedly one of the most closely monitored lab substances in the world. Thats just my ten cents.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Possum, also recall that SUNY StonyBrook in New York was able to create, from raw chemicals, the smallpox virus. Its possible that other labs have followed up on this and are using it (tho doubtful in this particular situation).

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone ever knew this but, StonyBrook was and might still be one of the largest homes for the mitally retared. I know casue I was there! This was bad in the 60s. My very best friend Carmen's brother was housed there. Very, very large housing area. We would go and get him and ride the train back to Manhattan so he could stay at home for the weekend. Just wonder what else went on in that large multiple building complex.

Ps: I remeber as a kid having to stop along the way more then once as he would fall to the ground in a grandmal siezure. I wonder if he had those siezure's before they put him in there now that I think about it! Holy Crap!

[edit on 15-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lab 257 is scary.

the book is worth reading. the book summises that such fun diseases as Lyme and possibly West Nile could have come from crappy facilities on plum.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
very true NYGDAN... although, if they were able to recreate it, it would most likely be different from the original, and even then, i believe they would be regulated as to that too... if not, that is a bad sign for medical research.. .which can easily go awry

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Plum Island is fullfillment of Revelation 16:3, the golden bowl of diseases poured into the ocean.

I am the man of wisdom right out of the book of Revelation and the US government was warned several years ago a tsunami shall eventually occur there. The location of Plum Island probably means every building there shall be swept away by a tsunami. Take a look at an underwater map. Out in the Atlantic Ocean is the great rift where great earthquakes occur on a regular basis. The indians sold us Manhattan for $24 in beads because they knew a tsunami sometimes goes over the island. Plum island is in a much worse place for tsunami. There is a shallow bay right next door which shall focus the intensity of the tsunami and increase the size of the waves.

Notice was given to the US government that near March 15, 2009 a supernova blast wave shall fall in the ocean east of New York City and cause a great tsunami. The 1908 Tunguska event was a supernova blast wave and I developed a magnitude formula with the units of Tunguska. 3.52 Tunguska is the magnitude of the event prophecied for March 2009 that shall fall in the Atlantic Ocean. There shall be a severe tsunami for Plum Island and if it occurs Revelation 16:3 is the result. Maybe that is a good thing. We shall close all fishing for the North Atlantic Ocean and allow whatever lives to increase in numbers.

Plum Island is not an act of God. Warning went out years ago and a second warning went out a few weeks in advance. Plum Island is an act of man and the US government.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsiedelmann
Notice was given to the US government that near March 15, 2009 a supernova blast wave shall fall in the ocean east of New York City and cause a great tsunami.

could you supply some links?

thanks.

-

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I was just wondering about this and any thoughts on it would be great, but I have just learned that the Plum Island Laboratory is going to move to Kansas. I also know that with the forming of the NAU (North-American Union), that all major traded goods, is going to come up through Mexico on the TTC(Trans-Texas Corridor)
and directly into Kansas. Kansas is going to be the new center for all trade in the NAU. So my thoughts are if the Plaum Island Laboratory is being moved there, is it possible they're planning a massive population wipeout by using the TTC to quickly spread their chemical and biological "creations"? Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you watched Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura Fri night at 10pm, you'll know that Plum Island is a laboratory where experiments are not only done on animals, but humans as well. For example, a human male body that was 6'6" washed up on the opposite shore from the island and was found to have extended fingers. Also they trace the Lime disease back to this lab. The man who started the lab was an ex-nazi scientist.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rawkus

Check out Lab 257. It's a great book with scary as hell details about the island.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287272067&sr=8-2

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rawkus

i heard about that one about the man,it is on another webpage and even had a picture,also isn't plum island near where the Montauk creature was found can't say what that was but it did look awful strange,i will see if i can find that pic and post it

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

yes it is
and from what i've learned, there were two of the monsters that they found

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join