It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Go With The Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If Aliens landed and asked if you wanted to go with them on their journey though space, but you would NEVER be able to come back or take anyone with you or even say goodbye to loved ones, would you go?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Knowing nothing about them I probably wouldn't. If I knew they were peaceful and wouldn't eat me or anything else, I would.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace
If Aliens landed and asked if you wanted to go with them on their journey though space, but you would NEVER be able to come back or take anyone with you or even say goodbye to loved ones, would you go?

Hell no, but i would try to capture the aliens and sell them for the gov. for a good price of course..

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Let�s assume their peaceful.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Get your own back on behalf of all the defencless cows ... CORE THEM!

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Under those specifications I would have to say NO, unfortunatly. I would want to of course, assuming that I trusted them not to eat me or something.

I would have to tell one person that I would be leaving, never to return. Why or where wouldn't need to be said but out of respect for this person I owe them at least a goodbye before I dissapear unexplained forever.

Second, I am with someone that truely is my other half. Me leaving forever without her is just impossible since we have both willfully dedicated ourselves to eachother. I'm sure this sounds dumb to some people out there as I'm sure it makes total sense to others.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
I'm sure this sounds dumb to some people out there as I'm sure it makes total sense to others.

I totally understand.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sure I'd go with them. A chance to see the universe? I'd never pass it up. There's no one I really care that deeply about on this dirtball besides my parents. I'd feel bad about leaving my parents and not being able to tell them where I am, but I'm sure they would understand. Actually, I've had this conversation with them and told them what I would do. Of course if I disappeared all of a sudden, me being taken on a voyage into space would be the last thing they would think about...

Eh, I'd eventually convince the aliens to let me drop them a line. Incessant nagging can be very persuasive.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Nope...no way.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
yes absolutly why not for along time they have been here only we are too blind to see it since the beginning of human being they have been standing here on this very earth. there is so much evident but we ignore and neglect.so just let go who want to go let them ride on midnight sailers to any corner of this universe and forget all the rubbish of politic and the doomdays

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Nope, I would not leave my family. Plus I am rather fond of planet earth.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'd tell them to take the neighbour instead so I could have all his money

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Hell no, but i would try to capture the aliens and sell them for the gov. for a good price of course..

Tsk tsk, sicko.

I would only venture into space if there were stipulations. One of those being mary jane. Just imagine burning it up with aliens.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I�m not for sure if I would or not�I guess it would depend on whether the female Aliens looked good or not.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ummm hard question..

I would like to go....imagin all the things you would see,
And who knows one day you may be able to nic the ufo and come home again...

but to leave my family ...maybe if i was allowed to take them except for my younger sister, then maybe!!!
or they could just take her

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes, I would definitely go.... provided that I didn't get an 'iffy' vibe from them, or that the actual scenario wasn't threatening. For instance, if they made the offer at night, after sneaking into my house, I wouldn't go... But if, in the future, they had an open relationship with Earth, and the Secretary General of the UN asked for volunteers as part of an official program, I'd go.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Yes, I would definitely go.... provided that I didn't get an 'iffy' vibe from them, or that the actual scenario wasn't threatening. For instance, if they made the offer at night, after sneaking into my house, I wouldn't go... But if, in the future, they had an open relationship with Earth, and the Secretary General of the UN asked for volunteers as part of an official program, I'd go.

Under those criteria, I would for sure; but that�s not the question.

ID

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I would not need time to think it over. The answer would be simple, no. That's right no. I could never stand never seeing Earth again, never seeing trees, the beach, dogs, or birds. If this is the price for the knowledge they have to give then I say too rich for my blood. Besides that is like cheating in a game, sure it is easier and you get to see the end faster but you miss the most important thing and that is overcoming the hardships yourself. Remember it is not the destination but the Journey that matters most. If we simply let them tell us everything then there would be nothing left to drive for, nothing left to wonder about. Maybe I don't want know every little thing, maybe I like looking up at the sky and wondering what is out there. I have said it before and I will say it again, ignorance is bliss.

I believe that if they offered this to you it would be for some other purpose. Why give you this knowledge that has been held from us o these many years? I do not believe that I am special enough to deserve this knowledge over all who have proceeded me and if any of you do then I pity you. I believe that if they wanted you to go they would force you to if you said no. And to that my friends I have only on thing to say:
"Do not go gentle into the night, rage, rage against the dying of the light."
--Dylan Thomas

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
the fact people are so consumed with their personal possesions ammuses me. even liking love for all that is like an object..
things are getting much larger, and that dosent mean better...
love is non existant in most relationships...
if love is, and is by all means all there is..
then an advanced group of beings could not have reached their level of being for it not for love...
ever wonder how we as a people have gotten so far and still know so little, cause we were created...
and as far as those who love the beast, i respect it. and love all...
yet i cant percieve a day when humanity will be able to do more without the help of angels,ebe's,aliens...
look around you...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No i couldent its like an "go straight to go pass" its getting a human to see the universe without doing the work i couldent do it id prefer to help people than do it and eventually the human race could work towrds it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join