It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are "they" finally going to get here and make themselves known?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was just twelve years old when Dr. Allen Hynek came to SouthWest Michigan to investigate a UFO sighting in the Sister Lakes area. I remember watching the local tv news about the "investigator from the government" who had been sent to check into the story. Of course, at that time, the story was debunked as the planet Venus but my interest in UFO's was elevated. I was twelve years old back then and I'm in my fifties now. My interest in UFO's has not diminished a bit. In fact, even if UFO's were conclusively proven to be false, I would still marvel with interest over the fact that so many people genuinely believe in UFO's.

But I also wonder just how long people can maintain an interest in UFOs without any sort of "official" confirmation. This leads to the question, When will aliens finally land and make their presence known? What's taking them so long? After all, millions of people on Earth are already convinced of their existence. Is there a time frame that they are following? Are they waiting for Earth to be on the brink of global nuclear war before they jump in and intercede? What do you think? When will "they" finally land and make their presence known to all?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Evidence suggests they already landed and made their presence known long ago. Then retracted as humans began to grow into formidability. So I would speculate that they'll do so again when it suits them. Likely once/if we weaken or decimate ourselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well evidence indicates as many of us will know that they made secret contact with the US Govt and perhaps other world leaders in the mid 20th century. It started with an accident at Roswell and offical contact was made at Hollman Air Force base in the mid 60's i think. They are apparently holding back from worldwide disclosure to the rest of humanity as some sort of secret deal was made, i beleive it was a trading treaty of some sort in return for ET technology. It is alledged that the space shuttle arm for example is a result of the back engineering of ET technology. And then you have the whole issue surrounding Area 51. I also belive that Et visited Earth many times in the ancient past. You only have to look up Erizkel in the Bible for evidence for example. Despite all of this will we the general public ever be told the truth? I am beginning to lose hope that it will be disclosed in my lifetime and i am only in my mid 30's.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Perhaps it is like The Truman Show; they wont let you see the truth if you dont REALLY want to...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I believe truths we want to know will never be unveiled until long after our time. What I ask is what was so important about the 1960's? Ok, the American government took a lot of steps forward (moonlanding, assassinations, roswell etc.) but something extremely significant must've spurred these "aliens" on to contact and negociate with us then.

The government will never tell us information until they are ready to tell us, if it is in their best interests, or if they can profit whole-heartedly from it. I believe there is only one way to find the real truth and that is to do it ourselves. I don't promote sabotage and infiltration, but more of a public, direct approach. As the "Government" are supposed to work for the people, a petition from thousands cannot be ignored. I believe a petition, nay, a decleration be formed on this site, and thrust upon this so called government, and forced to give us the answers we are entitled to. Because at the end of the day, who the HELL are THEY to deny US answers to questions we ask?

Sorry for the rant.

Danny

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thank you for your post Danny Parkinson, good call. You described exactly the way I feel. I've been following the ufo, alien, government conspiracy, etc. for many, many years now. And I want answers.

I remember when Jimmy Carter announced that he would get to the bottom of the ufo/blue book information and reveal it all. This was after Jimmy Carter had announced that he, himself, had witnessed a ufo. Now President Carter was no crack pot. He is a nuclear physicist, naval officer and, of course, a former president. How reliable does a person have to be? And still there was no revelation of ufo or alien information.

When will "all be revealed"? How much longer will we have to wait? -- until absolutely EVERYONE has seen one? Hey, I understand as well as anyone else that a lot of sightings are, indeed, nothing more than an aircraft, a satellite, a star or Venus. Untrained and even trained observers can make mistakes. But there are so many sightings by reputable and trained observers that there just has to be something. When Dr. Hynek, a chief Blue Book investigator resigned his position as a debunker to become a believer I really thought that we were getting somewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Your damn right we should be somewhere. SOMEWHERE being the word. What have we really got to show for our endevours and troubles? Governments, priministers, Queens and Kings just still giving us this " we will investigate to our fullest" bulls**t.

It doesnt just make me angry anymore about not knowing what were entitled to, it makes me sick. These "people" in this so called "government" are controlling what we know and dont know, but its not working.

They think they are controlling this "situation". Trying to fob us off with this laughable crap, these so called "stories". My sweet lord it angers me to the point of a headache to think this joke of a democracy wont let us know information we voted them in to tell us.

If we want real ANSWERS, we are going to have to find out for ourselves...

Danny P.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The Brookings Inst. did an in depth study on what would happen after disclosure. The results were that the American society really couldn't handle it. However I see very subtle info. disclosure being released in movies and on cable; so when the truth finally comes out it wont be so traumatic to the man in the street. Remember most people are way down on the "hip" index.

If you really want personal confermation, don't wait for the gvment. Put your computer on standby , go outside, tilt your head back, relax and wait.

When I first did the above I only had to wait a total of 6 hrs before i saw a light zig zaging around in the sky. I built a special sky watch chair so I can look up and practice guitar licks at the same time. Or you can listen to PODcasts from ATS.

I would'nt wait for a "The day the Earth stood Still" type of revelation but it sure would add a little drama huh?

[edit on 19-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It is an interesting question which has been a topic of many recent discussions here at ATS. Although I would dearly love to see it answered in our lifetime, I am doubtful in the extreme that this will happen. Look at it in perspective - it has been nearly 60 years since Kenneth Arnold's sighting sparked public interest in UFOs and still there has been no disclosure from any official sources and no revelations by aliens themselves. Whilst it would be nice to believe that our current period of time is somehow different or special, that is a fantasy believed by most generations about their time. It may very well be another 60 years, or another 600 years, before something happens to reveal the truth one way or another. There is simply no way to tell.

In the meantime, what becomes of serious Ufologists and the casual observer? How long will it take before apathy, born of year after year of failed revelations, takes hold and quashes the human interest in UFOs? Personally, I feel as though it will be some time indeed before this occurs. As new sightings and incidents continue to take place, interest in UFOs is repeatedly peaked. The influence of the media - in the form of films such as War of the Worlds - can also not be underestimated when it comes to sparking public interest in the existence of UFOs, especially amongst younger generations.

Why I think it is particularly frustrating for those involved in the study of UFOs in our time is because many people feel as though we are on the cusp of something - a revelation, an official disclosure, something to lift the veil and reveal the truth about UFOs and aliens to the general public. Incidents such as the Mexico City "UFO fleet" sightings have instilled in many a sense that something big is going to happen in the near future. When this Earth-shaking event continually fails to materialise, it saps some of the enthusiasm from even the most ardent Ufologist.

As for why the governments of the world might hide the truth concerning aliens and UFOs, there are any number of reasons and not all of them are malevolent. Whilst it is true that they may be hoarding technologies and lining their own pockets, it is also true that they may think that revealing the truth would do more harm than good. If aliens turned out to be hostile, for example, then the government may feel as though it is protecting its citizens by not disclosing this truth and instilling mass panic. It is easy for we at this forum, who have considered the concept of the genuine existence of alien life, to accept such things. But how would the average person react if they were told that not only did aliens from another planet exist, but that they were hostile and geared towards the annihilation of the Earth? Now how would they react if they were also told that we had no way of stopping them? This is conjecture but, without knowing the truth, it is as good a theory as any. Of course, it may also be the case that the government has not told us anything because they do not know anything.

Check out the following links for some more discussion on related topics:

Getting board of it all? - kyateLaBoca

Aliens and their First-contact - Rebostar

aliens freindly or not ... - CMAN

PKD

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Dr. Allen Hynek "investigator from the government" who had been sent to check into the story. Of course, at that time, the story was debunked as the planet Venus but my interest in UFO's was elevated.

Yeah that was Dr. Hyneks job. To cover up, anddisinform. They landed in the 1950's. There was a movie about it called "The Day The Earth Stood Still". They powers that be might try to pull that same scenario on an unsuspecting populous sometime in the near future. I mean after all, we're all stupid again from television.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My guess is that it wont be until long after we are gone, currently the US Gov is planning space missions using rocket technology not much different from the 60's as late as 2018, if they planned to reveal the existance of aliens they would probably not use 100 billion USD on "old" technology if they were just about to release they have alien technology.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loungerist
Evidence suggests they already landed and made their presence known long ago. Then retracted as humans began to grow into formidability...

Formidability! Haha, that's a good one!

Any culture that is advanced enough to travel across space, navigate the ever changing stars, and conquer the endless list of other problems that come with interstellar travel can probably handle us and our cheesy ballistic weaponry and nuclear warheads.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
Any culture that is advanced enough to travel across space, navigate the ever changing stars, and conquer the endless list of other problems that come with interstellar travel can probably handle us and our cheesy ballistic weaponry and nuclear warheads.

I cannot help but agree with Escrotumus on this issue. The level of technology that would be required to traverse the unfathomable distances between the stars implies that any species which is capable of reaching Earth also has the capability to counter any offensive moves Humanity might make and react with deadly force on a scale likely beyond our understanding.

Granted, I have heard arguments that, whilst aliens may be advanced in terms of interstellar travel, they may be less formidable in weapons technology. Adherents of this idea point out that strength in one area of technology does not equate to strength in all technologies. Despite this argument, I find it highly unlikely that a race of beings sufficiently advanced to physically reach Earth in manned space craft would not possess the capability to destroy any signs of human aggression.

To point to a specific example of where this seems to be the case, during the Battle of Los Angeles in 1942, hundreds, if not thousands, of anti-aircraft rounds were fired at a UFO which had invaded the city's airspace. Despite the devastating destructive force of the shells, no damage was done to the craft, which eventually left seemingly of its own accord. This seems to be in contrast with reports of downed or crashed UFOs, but does suggest that aliens possess the technology to counter our offensive technology, which in turn implies that they possess offensive technology of their own, which would presumably be equally as far above our own.

[edit on 21/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This seems to be in contrast with reports of downed or crashed UFOs, but does suggest that aliens possess the technology to counter our offensive technology, which in turn implies that they possess offensive technology of their own, which would presumably be equally as far above our own.

There's no logical correlation between having ships that can withstand chemical-based explosive and having ample weapons technology to launch a counter strike. Intuitively, we would think that to be the case, but it's human intuition that leads us to that conclusion.

What if the alien race visiting us had abolished war and other violent conflicts so long ago that the mere thought of injuring another living creature is completely abhorrent to them? What if they also know that less technologically developed species cannot harm them? Would they still need to have offensive capabilities? Or is that our primitive human propensity toward violence speaking?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing just the other day.
When are they going to make themselves known to the world?
All of my life I have had an interest in the Universe and wishing that I knew what is really "out there".
I am 58 years old and when I was 2 or 3 yrs old I witnessed many UFO"s one night and I can remember every single detail of that experience as if it happened yesterday.
That experience has influenced my entire life and I KNOW that other beings exist on other planets in our universe.
I hope I live long enough to see them in physical form on our Earth.
I am so happy that I have lived long enough to to what the Universe looks like because of Hubble.
The Universe is so beautiful!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think they have been making themselves known to us for at least several hundred years.

This painting was done in the 15 century, see the guy in the background looking in awe at that UFO. That guy might as well have been me in Oct. '02.

So it isn't like people don't see them , or that they are not making themselves known to us. It is more true to say we as a group , are not willing to accept their presence.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes they have in a round about way but I would like a "real being" to appear somewhere and tell us they are here and who they are.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
MagicaRose

Would you believe the alien people? Or would you believe what your govt told you instead? If you saw an alien person, and then a human disappeared in the area, who would you think abducted him?

Of all people, how many would believe them if they showed up today?

How many people have to have personal experience first, before they would believe them? And how many people, over how long, and how much experience would it take before others would believe them?

The answers are in all the people and the way we think and conduct our world- or rather, how a few of us are conducting it for the rest of us.

If all the kids in the neighborhood have heard that the old man in the corner house is an ogre, so they poise at the edge of his fence with rocks in hand, demanding him to come out to prove himself, should he come out? Or should the kids be educated first? By whom?

Besides, the alien races continue to offer our leading govts their assistance, and the leading govts continue to refuse. The offer stands, but the leading govts like the way things are now, powerful and lucrative.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey Tyrant, It should not be too much longer before humans realize the presence of ET life here on Earth. There are several different sources I have read that indicate that this year, 2005, is the beginning of more frequent open contant with ETs and its about time too. I have done a fair amount of reading and research on this fascinating topic and have much more insight should you be curious.

As for you Jeremiah, I have see your replies to several posts of this nature, you seem to be a notable opinion in any case and I would like to talk with you sometime on AOL (my SN is KCummings04). I do wish you would consider that fact that ETs may not be hostile and also that highly advanced technology is not needed to traverse the vast plains of time and space for all some need is a developed psychic ability such as Remote Viewing to complete such a task.

top topics

join