It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Rita ( Bad News For Gulf )

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wonder what the HAARP/Yakuza mafia crowd will say if Rita returns to Gulf, restrengthens, and hits again...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
TY Harry, trying to pick out the most relevant ones as they come in.
Here's a good page for news photos for ya: gallery.phillyburbs.com...

A fire burns in downtown Galveston, Texas as Hurricane Rita approaches the coast Friday, Sept. 23, 2005. As the storm approached, at least three buildings caught fire in the city's historic Strand District of nightclubs, shops and restaurants. It was unclear what caused the blaze, but a fallen electrical pole was lying on one of the buildings. High winds whipped the flames from structure to structure.

A firefighter walks past a fire at a strip mall fire Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005 in Pasadena, Texas. Firefighters had to battle high winds as Hurricane Rita made landfall on the Texas gulf coast.

Swirling flood waters of Lake Charles lap onto the shore in the port city of Lake Charles, La

A home is surrounded by floodwaters along La. Route 27 on the way to Hackberry, La

C.J. Rojas makes his way in waist high flood waters to his house while his neighbor's trailer burns in Laffite, La

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I wonder what the HAARP/Yakuza mafia crowd will say if Rita returns to Gulf, restrengthens, and hits again...

djohnsto77, That would for sure give them a good thread.

They are leaning that way with the projected path. Just talked about it on Fox News.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Even if it doesn't make it all the way into the Gulf to restrengthen, it could go down and sit over NO and dump its 25 inches of rain there.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Regenmacher, Heres a few more I found I thought I would share with all.

There are Tornados popping up in several areas. Just heard on Fox.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
452 PM CDT SAT SEP 24 2005

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 500 PM CDT FOR
NORTHEASTERN WASHINGTON...WESTERN SUNFLOWER AND BOLIVAR COUNTIES...

AT 451 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A TORNADO 6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF PACE...OR ABOUT 11 MILES
WEST OF CLEVELAND...MOVING NORTHWEST AT 35 MPH.

THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
7 MILES SOUTHEAST OF ROSEDALE BY 500 PM CDT
NOAA WARNING

THE TORNADO IS EXPECTED TO BE NEAR...
I-55 EXIT 124 HWY 16 BY 510 PM CDT
THE TORNADO IS EXPECTED TO BE NEAR...
MOORHEAD...MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY AND ITTA BENA BY 540
PM CDT
6 MILES EAST OF SUNFLOWER BY 545 PM CDT

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Throwing fuel on the weather wars bonfire ehh?

Maybe it's really those blackop Buddhist monks
with super meditation powers...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Had to show you this one.

Scott Olson/Getty Images
Water covered Route 87 on the east side of Port Arthur, Tex., when Hurricane Rita hit land on Saturday, causing flooding and wind damage.

The New York Times Story

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55
Regenmacher, Heres a few more I found I thought I would share with all.

Looks like Fox has a little higher resolution of the AP-pool photos.

I have yet to find a good site for news photos before they are cropped down...free that is.

Rita Swamps Louisiana Coast, Stranding Scores Of People
Floodwaters stood 9 feet deep near the southern Louisiana town of Abbeville, about 25 miles inland, while Cameron Parish deputies farther west watched appliances and what appeared to be parts of homes swirling in the waters of the Intracoastal Waterway.
www.wdsu.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
More Rescue Pictures

Adam Romero, top, pilots a boat as his father Francis Romero guides as they rescue Wilford Schexnaider, Jr. and his parents, not shown in Erath, Louisiana, Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005. Hurricane Rita caused coastal flooding when it pushed ashore requiring many resident to abandon their homes. (AP Photo/LM Otero)

The end of a convoy of four-wheel-drive vehicles and boats makes its way pasts residents and their boat on La. Route 27 on the way to Hackberry, La., following landfall of Hurricane Rita Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005. (AP (Photo/Ric Feld

An automobile tries to navigate over fallen power lines and past fallen power poles in Lake Charles, La., following landfall of Hurricane Rita Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005.. (AP (Photo/Ric Feld)

A yellow labrador retriever is stranded on a back porch of a house in Laffite, La., after surges from Hurricane Rita flooded the area, Saturday, Sept. 24, 2005. Hurricane Rita swept ashore Saturday with a powerful surge of seawater that swamped coastal communities and vast stretches of farmland from the Texas line to the mouth of the Mississippi River. (AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian)

50 good pics concerning Rita damage and rescue Here

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good work Harry, Regen, djohnston, Indy (and countless others) and every other member for creating and maintaining a great thread. I have a feeling we're going to have a few more of these severe hurricane threads before the seasons up.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse
Good work Harry, Regen, djohnston, Indy (and countless others) and every other member for creating and maintaining a great thread. I have a feeling we're going to have a few more of these severe hurricane threads before the seasons up.

Same thoughts from me to all of you. Look forward to more like this in the future.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse

YW. Danger Mouse....

Doesn't look much on the horizon at this time, but here's some notes:

A SURFACE 1009 MB EASTERN ATLANTIC OCEAN LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS NEAR 12N32W MOVING WEST 10 KT. THE TROPICAL WAVE HAS MOVED WESTWARD...ALONG 35W/36W SOUTH OF 20N. SCATTERED MODERATE
SHOWERS TO ISOLATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 27W AND 35W. There are no signs of organization at this time. However, this low has some potential for slow development as it moves westward.

AN ATLANTIC OCEAN 1005 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS NEAR 31N62W. THIS LOW CENTER IS THE REMNANT OF T.D. PHILIPPE. A FEW OTHER CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTERS ARE MOVING AROUND THE AREA FROM 27N TO 35N BETWEEN 55W AND 69W. THIS SYSTEM IS PART OF A BIGGER DEEP LAYER TROUGH...WHICH RUNS FROM THE ATLANTIC OCEAN THROUGH 35N65W TO 29N67W TO THE WINDWARD PASSAGE...AND INTO THE CARIBBEAN SEA NEAR 17N76W. There are no signs of organization at this time. However, there this some potential for slow tropical or sub-tropical development.

Remnants of Philippe

Large format sat maps here:
www.nrlmry.navy.mil...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This makes me wonder - what would you grab?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Personally, I think he is holding that Scott Toilet paper too dangerously close to the water.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Made it back into Corpus this morning. Very little traffic from Slidell, but NO gas stations open until I hit 77 in Victoria. I-10 was clear all the way to Port Charles where I was routed to I-210 loop. No warning signs, just a big barricade across I-10. Then clear again to Houston.

Drove through strong winds between Lafayette and Port Charles. Lots of trees down but moved over to the shoulder. Cops at every exit through Beaumont. This was the darkest trip I have ever made through this area. It felt surreal. Saw a few semis on their sides in the median and some upside down cars.

Cat happy to be home.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the update Darkelf

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
66 hours with no electricity. Just got it back!

No damage for me. I am approximately 60 miles east of Lake Charles. It did get scary at times. The damage to the west of me is devestating.

Please take time to think about the people who lost everything and have to start over. One thing the nation will see is the peope of Louisiana's resilency.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Glad you have electricity now and that you have no damage
Have you been to any of the devestated areas?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just looked up the top threads of the year. This one is a little personal to me. I live in Lake Charles. Amazingly, my trailer stood the test of time and wind.

Things still aren't the same here. Nothing is open during it's regular hours. There is still damage. I didn't realize things would have been this screwed up from the storm, but the rebuilding process is much longer than I anticipated.

The only thing I am upset about during the whole thing was the coverage. You'd swear that Rita hit New Orleans, Galveston and Houston. I guess they closed down all travel to Lake Charles before the turn happened.

Anywho...

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join