It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from my congressman on UFOS!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I wrote my congressman about UFOs and ETs. I never thought I'd receive a response, but I did! It just shows you that it does help when we all become more pro-active and write our representatives.

He's like all the other congressman who represent us... they're all ill-informed on the UFO subject and have taken the 1969 Condon report as fact. They think UFOs are pointless. I emailed him back and demanded he fight for congressional hearings on UFOs since it's been so long without any. Here's his entire response word for word:

September 16, 2005

Dear Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the possibility of alien life on other planets and Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO). I appreciate your views on this issue.

According to official information from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the U.S. Air Force (USAF), no branch of the United States Government is currently involved with or responsible for investigations into the possibility of alien life on other planets or UFO's. The U.S. Air Force and NASA have had intermittent, independent investigations of the possibility of alien life on other planets; however, none of these have produced factual evidence that life exists on other planets, nor that UFO's are related to aliens.

The USAF investigations studied UFO's under Project Blue Book (1947 to 1969). Then in 1977, NASA was asked to examine the possibility of resuming UFO investigations. After studying all of the facts available, it was determined that nothing would be gained by further investigation, since there was an absence of tangible evidence.

As a result of experience, investigations, and studies since 1947, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

(1) no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever a threat to our national security;

(2) there was no evidence submitted to, or discovered by, the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and

(3) there was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles.

With the termination of Project Blue Book, the USAF regulation establishing and controlling the program for investigating and analyzing UFO's was discontinued. Documentation regarding the former Project Blue Book investigation was permanently transferred to the Modern Military Branch, National Archives and Records Service, in Washington , DC and is available for public review and analysis.

Since the termination of Project Blue Book, nothing has occurred that would support a resumption of UFO investigations by the USAF or NASA. It is unlikely that the Air Force or NASA will become involved in costly investigations in the foreseeable future.

Thank you again for your letter. Hearing the views of all Georgians gives me the opportunity to better understand how important issues could impact the people of Georgia and the future interests of the nation. For additional information regarding current legislation and my representation of the Eighth District, I invite you to visit my website at www.... house.gov/Westmoreland.

Sincerely,

Lynn A Westmoreland

Member of Congress (Georgia)

[edit on 16-9-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
According to official information from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the U.S. Air Force (USAF), no branch of the United States Government is currently involved with or responsible for investigations into the possibility of alien life on other planets...
[edit on 16-9-2005 by meshuggah1324]

Huh... why did we send probes to Mars?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
When I read that response all I saw was "yada yada yada yada yada yada".

It's like a freakin' broken record with these people!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cool! - taking action is something we all need to do more of.

However, Project Blue Book, was done exactly so your Congressman could write such a dismissive response today.

It has certainly been a huge PR success for them for a long time.

To tell the truth - I doubt contacting our representatives in the U.S. will be very fruitful - as the system is designed to punish them for asking hard questions - however good their intentions are.

I think our best bet is too go after the whistlerblowers and professional eyewitnesses - who can help us secure hard data and evidence on specific UFO events.

But again, writing our congressmen now and again may at least help put the screws to those groups peddling dis-info all the time - and it may wake up a good politican who may secretly and subtley work towards furthering our cause of total disclosure.

Good Work!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
No matter the outcome, the member was kind enough to give you a reply of this nature.

And quite a lenghty one too.

Although I agree with DCFusion's reaction to the life on other planets statement.

Quite funny.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why don't you send Congresswoman Lynn A Westmoreland some links, such as this video from STS 114 NASA's shuttle camera, aimed at the ocean between Hawaii and U.S., capturing a bright object moving quickly from right to left, slowing down, then stop, making a complete turnaround, then flying back across the screen to the right.

As Dr. Oren Swearingen, the person who sent this video to hbccufo, reminds us all:

According to Newton's Laws of Motion, an object set into motion in the vacuum of space will continue forever in the same course, unless acted upon by an outside force. In gravity free space, and in the absence of wind resistance, there is nothing to exert an opposite force against that self-illuminated, and self-propelled object, proving that it is a genuine UFO!!

Would she be surprised to find that there really does exist military, NASA, and civilian authorities in the United States and abroad who are willing to testify, under oath, that they have seen and tracked UFOs on radar? Send her the link of these testimonies from the Disclosure project.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that the letter you received is just something they keep on file to copy and paste to people who write them about aliens/UFO's. In fact, I'll go one step further... I bet if some of us write a similar question to our representatives, at least one of us will receive an identical letter. At the very least that letter is distributed among party lines, if not to the entire Congress for the type of questions you asked.

Time for a little ATS experiment folks??

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Man, if they did those kinds of things back in the 70ies, why not now, wich Better technology? I wanna see a multi-billion dollar international investment on the UFO subject, to settle it once and for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Screw that, send her the video: Evidence: The case for NASA UFO's

good job Mesh, i'm supporting you all the way in contacting the officials about this subject.

I contacted Dubya once about this, never got a response though

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
meshuggah1324, one of the great pleasures that a staff member has is to applaud and I've applauded you for this post.

Too many people consider that it would be a waste of time to write to elected officials. You didn't think that.

This is what ATS is all about.

Thankyou for sharing.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I sent him a link to the Disclosure Project press club meeting in D.C. in 2001. I hope this changes his mind...

www.disclosureproject.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looking for any videoclip of politician talking about UFOs, preferably denying them..

Podesta for one. Just put on Nick Cooks "Billion Dollar Secret", 2001, to get more names. So will update this post a bit later.

Dallas

EDIT: Congressman: Dana Rohrbacher, then , Chair Space Sub Committee:

He says "I feel it comes down on the side there is an Aurora Project".

Says UFO technology exists though the presently proposed NASA budget to him does not reflect any "Äurora"type or above technological inovations.

Dallas

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm also sure it's a form letter...and it's wrong -- NASA certainly IS looking for life on Mars and on Europa.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Congrats Meshugga, finally some recogition for ya...

We need more members that are as intrepid as you are.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I agree. Send her the NASA video. Let's see if she can explain how the shot made the light MAKE A RIGHT-ANGLE TURN. Also, some people have said that it is "urine dump". Urine dumps don't make right-angle turns, either.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Classic doublespeak

(1) no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever a threat to our national security;

a) so ufos Do exist, they just aren’t a threat to national security
b) this only pertains to ufos evaluated by the Air Force and not by other groups or agencies.

(2) there was no evidence submitted to, or discovered by, the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and

c) see item b) above
d) “technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge” so we understand how they may function… we also understand how fusion functions but I don’t see fusion reactors popping up all over the place.

(3) there was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles.

e) they Are categorized as “unidentified” yet they are “identified” as being Not extraterrestrial vehicles… huh? which is it, identified or unidentified?

The wording in that letter seems Very Familiar to me, will investigate. The first and last paragraphs seem to me to be the only part actually written by Westmoreland, the rest seems to be a form letter…

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Now ask him why there was a CIA investigation (as verified by the FOIA released docs) that was way after BlueBook, and still treated UFOs as a serious possible security threat.

It's nice to push these buttons, but I wouldn't expect much back from them on this... What I'd recommend, (as I've seen your drive to do this), is to include printouts of docs (especially FOIA official ones), that reinforce your point, along with such letters...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
As a result of experience, investigations, and studies since 1947, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

Ha! Well then maybe someone can tell me why in the Nick Pope podcast interview, when asked if he had information concerning UFO's that was classified and not made public, he said "yes." I pointed out in a response podcast that this did not make sense, considering that Nick Pope works for the British Ministry of Defence. And their policy is to pretty much disregard any info on UFO's that does not directly relate to defense.

So you telling me that the Brits have classified info on UFO's related to national defense, and the USA does not? What's wrong with this picture?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ya, I thought I recognized that letter... it's cut and paste from the nasa website

www.nasa.gov...

rock on
twj

[edit on 30-9-2005 by torbjon]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hoiw was the UFO incident over the whitehouse in the 1950's explained away? It happened twince in a week.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join