It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Gas Makes Dozens Ill in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I saw this by just went I was looking through and headlines of "theage.com" last week and thought it strange that had seen it on any news channels anywhere else. Although it's nothing big and probably was just an accident, waiting to happen, with all thats been going on still odd it didnt make big news (or was I asleep when it happened)?

"Ambulance staff have taken 28 people to hospital and treated dozens more onsite after a mystery substance caused mass nausea and breathing problems in Carlton Australia today (sept 2nd 2003).

Commander at the scene for the Metropolitan Ambulance Service, Peter Swan, said a small field hospital was set up outside the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne in Swanston Street, where the incident occurred, to deal with the patients.

"One hundred and fifty people were evacuated onto the street.... we dont understand exactly what the substance was that caused this", Mr Swan said

He said people evacuated from the Dental Hospital were suffering nausea, vomiting and respiratory distress.

Those too ill to be treated onsite were taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital for further treatment.

Ambulance officers were called to the Dental Hospital shortly before 1 pm"

www.theage.com.au...

I expect it was someone just letting of steam (joking aside)

Its a bit unsual to here of a hospital having to be evacuated (even though it was a dental one) it doesnt happen that often, and would have thought there would have been more news coverage of it?

Although when I clicked on the link, the only story I got was the same as above here, and cant find another article anywhere else, no outcome etc. (a bit odd that)

Probably just me then!

blackwidow's son here!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
wow that sounds pretty odd!!
i mean if they havent found out what the substance is
thats kinda scary!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
asala

Its more strange to me, that I cant find anything else out about it now?

If it was just an accident, then fare-enough, but why no more news on it?

blackwidow's son

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Bet ya all it was the Kangaroo burgers!

Yup, that's what it was, the gas was a reactionary cause from ingesting wholesome amounts rapidly. Thus creating a vacuum effect in the population who partook in the roo eating. And there is the explanation of this "mystery gas", it is nothing more than gastro-hyperinfluctuated-methanepurge.

What...???

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Advisor

Nice one! My mother's gonna like this explaination when she gets back from hospital.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thats strange. You would think something like that would get more coverage.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Lone_wolf

Thats what I thought of, and cant find another story to find out the out come either?

blackwidow's son

join