It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the post 911 envelopes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Does anyone recall that after 911 George Bush called on children in the United States to send an envelope with $1 in it to a special fund for 911?
I'm interested in researching this topic. For example, what day, how many days after 911 did Bush go on national television with this request? And how many children sent in money? And what ever became of the fund? Also, I found it strange that a few days after this announcement, anthrax envelopes showed up in various offices in D.C. Further, the anthrax envelopes had return addresses for grade schools out east (I can't recall the exact town.) Further still, those anthrax envelopes had that childish phony script with misspellings and references to Allah? And finally, did they ever charge anyone or prosecute anyone for the anthrax mailings? Was it an inside job?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
We know for certain that the anthrax was from a US military plant. We were producing the anthrax against a UN contract, thus making the production illegal in the first place.

Washington Post: Army's Anthrax Material Surprises Some Experts.

These scares, whether a conspiracy or not, served to speed the passage of the Patriot Act. Before Congress was closed because of the anthrax, the Patriot Act wasn't looking too good in Congress. Democratic senators were stalling the process to prevent it from being voted on, as one might expect considering the bill's controversial content. Bush's cabinet was about to throw a hissy fit, etc. But after anthrax mailed to leading congressional democrats Daschle and Leahy.. Congress came back to vote in favor of a lengthier version of the bill 98 to 1.

There was some definite correlation here with the fear produced by the mailings, and the attitude towards PATRIOT. And then we get word that the anthrax was from our military..

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the information bsbray, but I was driving at a few other points as well. Do you, or does anyone else, know or remember more details about Bush asking, in a televised speech, for $1, to be sent in envelopes from school children? What was the date of that speech and how did the timing of that speech play out in relation to the appearance of anthrax letters in D.C.? Further, did the White House or any other government agency ever issue results of the call for dollar bills? Was a fund created and so forth? Or was all this a kind of coded public rhetoric?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
One of the few outspoken critics of the War in Iraq who didn't recieve Antrhax in the mail was Senator Paul Wellstone, and look what they did to him...
www.theassassinatedpress.com...

As far as the send a buck thing, I vaguely remember that, but I never followed up on it. I will keep an eye out for information though as I am always digging. Interesting Correlation though I fear it may have been political damage control rather than coded rhetoric, but stranger connections have been made.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I defiantly remember the whole “send a dollar” thing. I remember hearing the cases of barely any address, crayon use, poor spelling & the power of Hope and Love crap… yet the money still got “there”. I realize where “there” is, is the question. I’m curious now too.

As for the Anthrax, that article is pretty old. I believe that they later found out that it was NOT a weaponized grade of Anthrax, but had been produced by someone with experience in producing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think this is what your talking about?

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So the fund was created in a speech on October 11. The first two rounds of anthrax letters wee delivered in September. Daschle's office opened the letter on the 15th of October, after Bush's request. Maybe there is nothing there. Maybe it's all coincidence. Apparently, acccording to the link on this thread, the Red Cross was collecting for the $1 envelope fund. Even minor things such as how much was collected? How many children sent envelopes? How much of the money did get to Afghanistan? When did the White House come up with the idea? Seems this story still needs follow-up. And to this day, given the immediate arrests of all the 9/11 actors, still no ideas about who/what was behind the anthrax?

join