It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut to non members?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I see there is a message up saying the board is only currently open to members due to high traffic..

As the server has just been upgraded again, I wondered what was causing the sudden increase to require this? Sounds like good news if there are that many people trying to view the site!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I couldn't even get ON the site for about 35 minutes.

I really need a life, don't I?

(I was having minor panic attacks at - gasp - NOT having access to The Most Sacred And Good And Useful And Wonderful ATS)

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A great deal of it is Val's Fema detention camp thread in the Katrina/Fema forum.

Just about everyone is picking up on it and linking here.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, like my dad says...

I could tear up a steel ball with a rubber mallet.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I had problems too, it took me 15 minutes two reboot and plenty of linking to get in.

I got so many weird messages that I thought I was been watch, by the men in black.

It was not funny.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm a little concerned about the visibility of that thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Self-preservation at this point.

We had about 7,000 simultaneous connections that simply gave both servers a giant whallop.

I'll try opening the flood gate a little later and see how it goes.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

I couldn't even get ON the site for about 35 minutes.

I really need a life, don't I?

(I was having minor panic attacks at - gasp - NOT having access to The Most Sacred And Good And Useful And Wonderful ATS)

I heard that. The least they could have done would be to put up some kind of advisory message as to what to do when your ATS is cut off:

"Due to technical difficulties *cough* government agents have arrested us all, come save us *cough* ATS is currently unavailable. Please remain calm and resist the urge to go outside or talk with loved ones".

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
should your cluster servers not be able to handle all that lol.

damn that is alot of connections to have at once poor database

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If it was that thread, I am amazed that those hits caused all ats domains to go bonkers. I suppose they must all be on the same server? You know what they say about putting all your eggs in one basket?
j/k.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
"Due to technical difficulties *cough* government agents have arrested us all, come save us *cough* ATS is currently unavailable.

Wouldn't handcuffs make it difficult for SO to type on the keyboard?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"Due to technical difficulties *cough* government agents have arrested us all, come save us *cough* ATS is currently unavailable. Please remain calm and resist the urge to go outside or talk with loved ones".

Here's my suggestion...

We're sorry, but ATS is currently unavailable at this time. This could be due to a variety of technical issues, but considering that the majority of the membership won't buy that, we'd highly recommend donning your ATS-approved tin-foil headgear and evacuation to your "safe place" as soon as possible. Please remain calm during this transition, and remember...a compliant citizen is a happy and safe citizen. Thank you, and please try to access the site later....

Any takers?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Speaking of the flood of interest due to Val's wonderful piece, I've been reading about what the others are saying. It usually starts out with what a great post Val has, but then throws in a jab at ATS. For example:

I know nothing about the web site hosting this story, although a cursory look at the front page makes it look pretty seriously crazy.

It's kind of frustrating that people may be closed minded about conspiracies, UFO's, etc., and just judge the whole site as being full of wackos.

On the plus side I guess, the open minded folks that Val's post brought here, will see ATS for the wonderful site that it is.

It is so difficult to try to speak to people when 'conspiracy theory' has become a dirty word, and mentioning UFOs seriously, discounts you as being serious.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
'conspiracy theory' has become a dirty word, and mentioning UFOs seriously, discounts you as being serious.

Hrm... dunno... if that were true, I don't think a successful Hollywood TV production studio would court us for a series now would they.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
People will attack the conspiracy side because they cannot find a real axis to attack on.

Let the naysayers nay... away?

If you've seen ATS on any big sites do tell us. I wanna know where that surge came from!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, like my dad says...

I could tear up a steel ball with a rubber mallet.

Really? And you're an engineer, now?

Does anyone else see the high degree of irony in that?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Hrm... dunno... if that were true, I don't think a successful Hollywood TV production studio would court us for a series now would they.

Oooooooooh I dunno...but if they do, can I be an Official Groupie?

Who's going to play you?

Who's going to play RANT?

Can we vote for our "Fantasy ATS Cast"?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What about the dude from The Shield and The Fantastic Four

www.imdb.com...

Michael Chiklis

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Here's my suggestion...

We're sorry, but ATS is currently unavailable at this time. This could be due to a variety of technical issues, but considering that the majority of the membership won't buy that, we'd highly recommend donning your ATS-approved tin-foil headgear and evacuation to your "safe place" as soon as possible.

Gazrok should know better than that, he has the line in there "we'd highly recommend donning your ATS-approved tin-foil headgear".

The fact is, you should already have your foil beanie on your head while trying to access ATS.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure............

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh, I have the baseball cap version, much more stylish...

I want the guy who plays "Christian" on Nip/Tuck to play Gazrok in the show, hehe...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join