It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals celebrate in ravaged New Orleans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
IN KATRINA'S WAKE
Posted: September 6, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

2 dozen 'gays' march up Bourbon Street, reslate Southern Decadence for tomorrow

Despite the devastation and ongoing suffering by thousands from Hurricane Katrina, homosexuals paraded on Bourbon Street in New Orleans over the weekend, and have rescheduled their "Southern Decadence" event for tomorrow.

"It's New Orleans, man. We're going to celebrate," Matt Menold, a 23-year musician wearing a sombrero and a guitar slung on his back, told the Associated Press.

What more can I say? This is just bad publicity and down right sick.......but alas, I am not the slightest bit surpirsed.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by edsinger]

[edit on 6-9-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
This is just bad publicity and down right sick.......but alas, I am not the slightest bit surpirsed.

Because.... ?

As an expert on homosexual events and tireless champion of the poor and minorites alike you're just extra sen-si-tive to these things?

Aw Ed, I didn't know you cared so.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ed had a thing for homosexual threads I guess it brings him lots of attention and points.

For some reason he is very good at manipulating ATS members into threads like this.

Right Ed?

All I have seen in the major news channels is the destruction and desperation of the victims but you manage to find this hot littler piece of news.

It most be some news cast in NO just looking for "Events like this one" to make news.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Viva la Mardi Gras?

por favor there little amigo!

Look into my massles duun't be afraid by my manlinessh!

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why Celebrate?

Why not do what PowerGen did and delay it until the city is on its feet?

It is TACKY - Gay or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

"

I forget ed......

Which one is you?

Just kidding, just kidding

You would think everyone down there would celebrate just living through it.

Would you have the same problem with a Prayer group celebrating?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukWould you have the same problem with a Prayer group celebrating?

YES

I

Would,

Now is not the time nor the place for this.....

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with either group.

Heck if they could March Mardi Gra through there I would say "More power to them"

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I wouldn't have a problem with either group.

Heck if they could March Mardi Gra through there I would say "More power to them"

So with people being forced to leave their homes, they get to see these folks dancing in the streets and celebrating? You don't fin anything wrong with this at all?

I mean New Orleans is the place that 'parties' at funerals, but their might be 10,000 dead and that is not the time to party.

Just because they are homosexuals is not my reason for disliking it, but it sure makes sense, I mean its the "I got mine - you get yours" attitude and doing this is just morbid.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Makes a lot of sense, debauchery on parade in a city that has been leveled.

Of course, sense debauchery made a home of the historic city, why should anyone be surprised.

Oh, yeah, I forgot; that particular perversion is off limits and anyone who calls that spade a spade is an uptight bigot. How are you going to punish me for my forgetfulness - spank me? In your dreams.

la2

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
it is a well sick thing.

one other thing......... I'm gay and hell... i never seen 2 lads like that where i go out!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
SO WHAT?!

Are they looting?

Are they shooting at rescue helicoptors?

Are they setting people's houses on fire?

NO!

The people doing that stuff are the ones you need to be worried about.

There's enough misery in the world - don't add to it by being so darn frumpy!

As long as they're not hurting anyone, let them celebrate - celebrate not being dead.

You've got "your" grinnin', goofy-ass president reminding these devistated people that Trent Lott's house is gonna be rebuilt bigger and better than ever, so they can sit on the front porch and shoot 'em some possum. If that's not inappropriate, I don't know what is.

I'm sure all those people - now homeless, who hardly had anything to begin with, are all gonna sleep so much better at night knowing that good ol' Trent won't be without his mansion for too long.

If you're going to get your panties in a wad over something being inappropriate, start by looking towards "your" president, and the total lack of preparedness there was for this (or any kind of) catostrophy.

Not to diminish the suffering of the people in New Orleans, but this was JUST ONE CITY - what's it gonna be like if something REALLY BIG happens?

la2

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If that was In England Tony Blair (who we dont really like) would have been there on the same day, bush is still avoiding the place. he's pathetic even compared to his usless father, its gona take a clinton to sort this bush mess out too.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Uh, some of us have the ability to take in all the moronic behavior, Paul; we don't have to only focus on the president. Not that he isn't a target-rich topic, its just that he isn't the only bad thing happening.

If you'd like to wail on him a while, there are threads on that topic. Feel free to redirect your attention.
If you'd be so kind as to notice, this is SOCIAL ISSUES forum.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

la2

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
he needs to start rising to the challenges he has, instead of meddling with other countries. he could have been great, now he's costing your country lives, WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't really want to wail on anyone - I'm just tired of people "wailing" on us gays so much.

I was just trying to say that there are other, much more important things to be worried about than "tha gays"

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
TC,TC,TC

Ill bet a donut to a gstring that if you had of made it thru Katrina, you would be locked arm and arm with the celebrants. If not, you are a cold dude, man!

[edit on 7-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Could the argument be made that the homosexuals are continuing a tradition?
Why not blast singers at the Astrodome for performing for the evacuees there? They afterall were entertained by music symbolic of New Orleans. What's wrong with letting loose after being shell shocked? Maybe this is their way with coping with the destruction.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You have voted paulthefourth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Who cares?
The people in question have just survived a major disater there just glad that they might live another day!
If you have problem with the fact that they are openly gay GET A LIFE !!!!!
If these people were straight people wouldnt have a problem with the fact that they are happy to be alive.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth
I don't really want to wail on anyone - I'm just tired of people "wailing" on us gays so much.

Don't worry the antigay sentiment around here comes from the same sources you will get to know them very well, they are very "Conservative" "Religous" mostly "pro Bush" so they claim but most of their post leave very bad tastes.

Ignore them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join