It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Katrina - Official Death Toll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You're not expecting the truth are you?

Official death toll should be the final tally not the news of a few unfortunate deaths...

When they tally them all WE WILL STILL NOT KNOW THE FINAL death toll

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Are you attributing these 45 to Katrina, Mayet?
Where they confirmed mercy killings because they could not be evacuated?
Where they [the dead bodies and/or in the morgue] there before Katrina hit and were simply left or not removed?

I am not there to be able to say what it is. Its suspicious to me that 45 people were just left to die. I thought all medical facilities were evacuated.

You say journalism today is a joke, do you mean here on atsnn or out there in the world.

I believe that not everything is reported on, things are swept under the carpet and there are more than one point of view on many articles. I also believe in bringing interesting articles to atsnn that stand out for people to read and interpret their own ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

as posted by Mayet
You say journalism today is a joke, do you mean here on atsnn or out there in the world.

My apologies for not clarifying myself, Mayet.
My reference to journalism today as being a joke was a reference to media outlet journalism, and not a direct play on you or ATSNN.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Reuters is saying the death toll is now above 500.

Reuters

NEW ORLEANS, Sept 12 (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. disaster agency resigned on Monday amid a storm of criticism over Washington's response to Hurricane Katrina as the confirmed death toll from the calamity passed 500, including 45 victims found inside one abandoned New Orleans hospital.

This is taking a long time to get a final tally.
It's two weeks now since the hurricane hit.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

www.news.com.au...

THE toll of Hurricane Katrina deaths rose to 657 overnight after Louisiana confirmed 144 additional deaths.
The state toll jumped as swiftly receding floodwaters enabled rescue workers to get into more areas of New Orleans.

The total number of deaths attributed to Katrina now stands at 423 in Louisiana, 218 in Mississippi, two in Alabama and 14 in Florida, according to officials in the different states.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The death toll has now risen to 816 with 579 in Louisiana.

deridderdailynews

Still a lot lower than many had predicted.

MBF

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I talked to a friend today that told me that his brother had just got back from New Orleans. He is in law enforcement and says that the situation there is not like it is being told on the news. He says that there are LOTS of bodies that are being found with bullet holes in them. He was doing secutity for the recovery of the bodies there.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
MBF, does he think the death toll is much higher than is being reported?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Now they have the toll at 883 with 646 of those being from Louisiana.

abc.net.au

Katrina's death toll so far stands at 883, with 646 of those in Louisiana, 218 in Mississippi and a total of 19 in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.

Floodwaters continued to recede in New Orleans and appeared confined to the eastern end of the city.

Yet medical experts in New Orleans said they still feared a "second disaster" as returning residents suffered injuries amid the rubble, toppled trees and dangling power lines.

MBF

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
MBF, does he think the death toll is much higher than is being reported?

Yes he does. He also knows that the number of shooting deaths are not being reported.

I also talked to a man today that I go to church with that got back Friday from Mississippi. He told me that you could smell death everywhere you went and that just where he was there were about 2,000 children missing and feared washed into the ocean. Remember the tsunami in Indonesia the death toll did not include the people washed into the sea, only the recovered bodies.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by MBF]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
I talked to a friend today that told me that his brother had just got back from New Orleans. He is in law enforcement and says that the situation there is not like it is being told on the news. He says that there are LOTS of bodies that are being found with bullet holes in them. He was doing secutity for the recovery of the bodies there.

We'd certainly like to hear his account if you'd invite him to join and share it.

MBF

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

We'd certainly like to hear his account if you'd invite him to join and share it.

I'll see if I can get more information from him.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's just shy of 1,000 now and it's still rising every day but I doubt we'll see the 10,000 figure that was feared in the initial days of the flooding.

Reuters

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana, Sept 19 (Reuters) - The death toll from Hurricane Katrina climbed to 973 on Monday after Louisiana officials raised the number of confirmed fatalities in that state to 736.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Someone wrote this article a tad bad grammatically....

It reads that they could now rescue the man because his wife had died to me.. *shakes head, they could have written that better.

www.news.com.au...
RESCUERS have found a 70-year-old man who had been in his New Orleans house since Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast three weeks ago, but his wife had died, Mayor Ray Nagin said today.
"Yesterday we rescued a 70-year-old man from a home. He had been holed up there. He had water and food. Not a lot," Mr Nagin told legislators in Louisiana's capital Baton Rouge.

"His wife had passed five days earlier. So we were able to rescue him yesterday," Mr Nagin said.

"So the rescue efforts are still going on and we are continuing to recover bodies."

Rescuers found a 76-year-old man in the loft of his flooded home on Friday, 18 days after the storm.

Advertisement:
At least 799 have been confirmed dead in Louisiana since the August 29 storm.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The death toll is now at 1,036 with 799 of those Lousiana.

abc

The death toll in Louisiana stood at 799 on Wednesday, an increase of 153 since the weekend and nearly 80 percent of the 1,036 deaths attributed to Katrina across the Gulf Coast region. Officials said the effort could last another four to six weeks.

I hope Rita stays away as that may create new deaths before the bodies from the previous hurricane have even been recovered.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

www.news.com.au...

AUTHORITIES have recovered the bodies of 33 more Hurricane Katrina victims in Louisiana, bringing to 1066 the number killed in the storm.
At least 832 people have now been confirmed killed in Louisiana since the August 29 storm slammed the US Gulf Coast, according to the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, up from 799 yesterday.

At least 218 deaths have been recorded in Mississippi, two in Alabama and 14 in Florida, according to officials in those states.

The toll is slowly creeping higher. I do not think it will officially reach the ten thousand mark that was first expected but I feel it will be a bit higher than the current figures

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The death toll is now over 1,100 with 885 deaths just in Louisiana.

wkvn

... Also on Tuesday, the state Health Department reported that Katrina's death toll in Louisiana stood at 885, up from 841 on Friday.

The death toll was 1,078 on Friday so, if we add the additional 44 that were found in Louisiana since then, it brings the death toll up to at least 1,123 and it's likely to continue rising even though it's been almost a month since the storm hit.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
When they tally them all WE WILL STILL NOT KNOW THE FINAL death toll

And tell us, what is the reason for the government hiding "the real death toll"?..... If the death toll was higher and it was shown to the American public, the Federal government would have more support from the American public and more of a reason to take over from the beginning when another Katrina hits again or when we are attacked again..... So hiding the death toll would only be a deterrent to the NWO, and it surely proves that the conspiracy theory that "the government wants to take all our rights away" does not hold water.

It is a lot better for the NWO, if it exists, to show the real figures of the dead tolls in the US, whether it is caused by manmade disasters or natural disasters.

---edited to add comment---

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sure, the government is going to tell the truth. Don't you see?
They bring in 25000 body bags for slightly more than 1000 deaths.
Would it be the first time they were over prepared??

Ohhh.....

WTC....9/11.....What was the result of that sneak attack in buildings where a million people pass through a day?

Forgive me for doubting the goodness of the American government.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Sure, the government is going to tell the truth. Don't you see?
They bring in 25000 body bags for slightly more than 1000 deaths.
Would it be the first time they were over prepared??

Ohhh.....

WTC....9/11.....What was the result of that sneak attack in buildings where a million people pass through a day?

Forgive me for doubting the goodness of the American government.

So tell us, why would the government hide these figures?...... It would play right into the conspiracy theories that "the government is looking for excuses to take even more rights away"...so why hide death tolls when it would help the "NWO" that is talked about so much?

Just think about it, if the death toll in 9/11 was 1 million people, or if the death toll caused by Katrina, or the criminals that were killing citizens left and right in NO, I am pretty sure a lot more people would be accepting the Federal government taking over from the beginning over any state government if there was ever another disaster, manmade or natural.

So, why would the government hide these figures?

BTW garyo1954, isn't it a lot better to order more body bags than you need, than order fewer and later find out you don't have enough?.....

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Muaddib]

<< 1    3 >>

join