It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights in the Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Residents in the Rome Township, Proctorville and Chesapeake areas were not necessarily concerned, but were curious about the source of odd lights in the sky Sunday and Monday nights. Two lights appeared to circle as if chasing one another each night over Rome Township, prompting residents to peer skyward. Occasional blips or flashes also appeared at random, sometimes over Ohio 7 and sometimes over Ohio 243 or to the south, toward the Ohio River.

www.herald-dispatch.com...

I am an avid sky watcher, a bit of an amateur astronomer, and I have seen strange lights in the sky. I havent seen them chasing each other as they did in Ohio Sunday and Monday, but I have seen a few things that have made me wonder.

I wonder what these could have been...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I seen this big orange light in the sky last night, It stayed there for about 5 hours,
There was also a lot of plane activity
Kinda odd as i have heard others on this board saying about orange lights!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I seen this big orange light in the sky last night, It stayed there for about 5 hours,
There was also a lot of plane activity
Kinda odd as i have heard others on this board saying about orange lights!!!

Asala honey, stop looking at the street lamps it could hurt your eyes. Asala must live next to an airport.

Just kidding *pinch pinch*

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Street lamps

There you go mystery solved
Umm i dont live far from luton airport!!!!
the plot thickens!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
More lights in the sky!

Moss Bluff resident Stephanie Wilks saw a strange glowing object in the nights sky last Thursday. She says, "I am not crazy and I am very sane I don't believe in UFO's but my perspective is changing."

With Pictures
www.kplctv.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
[Edited on 9/9/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

ROME TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- The Lawrence County UFO might have been Ronald McDonald.

Maybe.

Reports of bright, white lights appearing to chase one another in the skies over eastern Lawrence County might be attributed to a spotlight used across the Ohio River by McDonald�s on U.S. 60 between Huntington and Barboursville.

The lights appeared in late August and have been reported almost each week since. Local television stations and law enforcement departments have received telephone calls from residents curious as to what the lights were.

While no definitive answer has been produced, the McDonald�s spotlight appears powerful enough to reach the Lawrence County side of the Ohio River and the light does circle and reflect off cloud cover. It is, however, just one beam, leaving unexplained how it could be the source of two or more lights circling.

Not a likely explanation in my humble opinion but hey, zap, move along, nothing to see here...

www.herald-dispatch.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Very many lights in the sky the last time. I saw one to and there is a topic about it. It strange, very strange...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is breaking...

"We're all in our 50s, professional people - we're not into hallucinatory drugs or anything like that," Wingfield said. "People look at you funny when you tell them you've seen a UFO. But what we saw was unidentified, it was flying and it was an object."

Wingfield and her friends aren't the only people seeing strange things in the Grand Strand's nighttime sky.

www.myrtlebeachonline.com...

MYRTLE BEACH AREA | Reported UFO sightings since 1995

A total of 18 reported sightings in the area since 1995...

www.myrtlebeachonline.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
More and more aerial fireworks being reported...

There was a spectacular light show in northern Alberta Wednesday night after a mystery object made a fiery arc across the sky.
The eye-popping, whitish-greenish ball with a red or orange tail blasted into the night sky about 11:40 p.m. Witnesses said it took about 30 seconds for it to zoom across in a northerly trajectory.

The North American Air Defence Command (NORAD) and the Canadian Space Agency are trying to find an explanation.

www.mytelus.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   

In the sky, due south Greg, his wife and brother watched it for about three hours. He grabbed his video camera and recorded the object for about 20 minutes.

Greg Smith: "I was seeing red, two red lights, and two blue lights, and all white--like a star, and as big as a star."

But, unlike a star it kept moving.

Greg Smith: "It was more. It would go to the left, and then down. And then it would basically appear back up here."

tv.ksl.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Asala,

I'm guessing but I think your orange ball in the sky is mars?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i have seen a HUGE pink light (about five stories high), brighter than stadium lights, right next to an apartment building in broad daylight in barrie, ontario. two of us were witness.
it was close to ground level.
i've seen mars, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Somebody who used to post here had a similar experience, where a low flying circle of light kept changing colors from red to yellow...

www.hostileinvader.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
this is like what i(we) saw. this picture was taken in denmark, if i remember correctly. same colour to a tee.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This sighting was in September of 1995. A report was made to Peter Davenport and the National UFO Reporting Center. At that time there was no electricity or phone available. The location was in Nye County Nevada fairly close to Area 51. These bright light objects could also zig-zag. They were silent, except for one which came within 20 feet of us. It changed from the bright light form into what appeared metallic. At that time it made an extremely irritating low humming sound. This objects was about the size of a basketball.

Time 9:00 a.m. went outside to pump water up from well. I heard an airforce jet,so I looked up. At about 1:00 oclock high a jet was heading north. It had six star-like objects following it. Moving at a rapid pace. I called my daughter outside to see them. The size of the objects were about 1/8 the size of the jet. They were following the jet. The duration of this sighting was about one minute. My daughter and I went back in, and were in shock. I kept looking out the windows for more objects,but seen none at that time. At about 11:00 oclock a.m., my daughter had finished the dishes, and the water had to be pumped back up again from the well. As soon as I opened the door, there, at 12:00 oclock high were anywhere from 150 to 200 of these objects. Star-like, shapes varied in size and shape, from the size of a tennis ball to the size of a basketball. This time however, they were lower down about 100 feet. The objects went up and down and side-ways. Time frame of sighting to finish on this group was aproximately 20 minutes. These were bright lights, and they even appeared at times to dance across the sky. I felt that they knew we were watching them. I've heard these light objects were seen when crop circles were being made. Why they were here in the desert is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Dozens of people who saw the light flashes called law enforcement.

But astronomers at the Morehead Planetarium say the Orionid meteor shower happens every year when Earth passes through the debris field of Haley's comet.

Astronomer Bruce Carney said Monday night's shower was rare because Orionids are made mostly of ice that usually melts before it gets too close to Earth. They're spectacular because they create a bright fireball when they wait until they hit the earth's atmosphere to burn up.

Another example of witnesses being told they do not know what they saw?

www.nbc17.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   

A man and his son claimed they saw a series of lights that lit up the night sky while attending a high school football game Friday night.

The Chillicothe Gazette reported that Lonnie Caplinger and his son Bruce spotted the lights during Unioto High School's game against Piketon.

According to Bruce Caplinger, he just happened to be looking up at the sky when he saw two bright lights that appeared to be moving toward him.

"Then all of a sudden, a third one appeared, then a fourth one, almost like a tear drop dropping out of the other one," he said. "They were in a horizontal line, four bright lights. Then they slowly turned orange and just disappeared."

"I couldn't believe it," Bruce Caplinger said. "It was too weird. It just makes you wonder what's going on out there."

As there were no calls made to the sheriff's office....case dismissed.

www.channelcincinnati.com...

top topics

join