It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on a building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When I was in Brasil in June we were walking around downtown in Rio de Janeiro, and I came acrossed something that blind-sided me.

I guess it would be because the last place I would expect to see something like this, would be in the tourist capital of Brasil.

Anyway..

While we were on our endless trek to the correct bus stop, I happened to look up and next to me was a beautiful (say two story or three..not very tall) stone building in the middle of the city. That wasn't what caught my eye though, what amazed was the fact that while I was scanning it I came acrossed a symbol on it's crest.

It was an illuminated eye inside of the masonic symbol (that is if you take away the G and add the eye in the middle).

I started getting quite excited asking the others if they say the "illuminati" symbol, the only person that heard me say anything though had no idea about anything we talk about here. So here I am, frustrated I couldn't stop and learn more about it, because I had to keep on the move.

I figured I would share my little experience and tell anyone that goes to Rio and is ever going around downtown to keep your eyes peeled for it, or maybe learn some portuguese and ask about the stone building with the illuminated eye.

Now, I'm mostly wondering if anyone might have some information on this building, if so it would be greatly appreciated, as this is sparking my interest.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just because the Masons use a symbol, does not mean it is exclusively used by the Masons. You may want to do some research into that country's culture, or maybe even more specifically into the culture of Brazil.

You may find mention of the symbol that you saw and hopefully an explanation as to what it represents. While it may be a reference to the Masons, it very well may not.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If it has anything to do with Brasilian culture it has to be the government or white/portuguese Brasileiros. I know the insides and outs of the main culture of Brasil, which is the Afro-Brazilian culture.

However it could have something to do with "the man" of Brasil, because after you eliminate the afro-brazilian culture, the man is all that's left. I'll try and find out more though, of course that was the purpose of the post. We'll see though.

join