It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaking technology?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was replying to you. It's just projecting images taken when the object is not there onto the scene. Everything on these pages needs a projector. I've seen these pages before. It's an interesting idea for static objects, but of little or no use to a soldier in a jungle.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Those are all good idea's but in theory if you were to speed up atoms so fast, i dunno the speed. but its been done for a 10th of a second and the atom dissipeared, so if you had a device which could increase your atoms rate of vibration it would cause you to go out of sync with everything else, another thing tho because your atoms are sped up you'd age real fast, so i dunno, but in thousands of years this may be a technology used.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   

you could do it by creating imense gravity around the person... witch makes all light bend around the area...

but that could make possibly a black blur in the middle of the bubble???

yeah, not to mention crush you.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Everyone go watch the predator right now, if you haven't seen it. THAT is the type of technology that we are most likely to come up with anytime soon. Light bending stuff. I have no clue how it works, but apparently it can.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Fiber Optics is probably the best approach to cloaking as of now. Some reptiles have chemicals that "cloak" them. I'm no expert on animals but it seems like if its doable in nature it is theoreticly possible for humans to recreate. Gene splicing of human and animal tissue maybe? Or maybe a kind of paint that can be developed. Though i think if the Army takes any look into the idea they would probably invest most research into Fiber Optics since it is an already proven technology and they could contract out commercial companies to decrease the cost of independent development.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Instead of bending the light, one could redirect it.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I hope everyone posting here has at least read about Project Rainbow with the Eldridge....?
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah, it was an idea I was more proud of... When I was in high school, like most teenagers, I planned to take over the world. However, unlike other teenagers, I actually drew them all out!
I'm sure that little sketchbook could probably get me convicted or institutionalized today, hehe....
Had some great ideas (imho) for government, civic design, weapons, gravitic propulsion, time travel, etc... I was a real nutcase...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
"yes, ive heard and came up with and idea about covering a surface in lots of little tv screens that transmit an image on the tv screens of what is behind you ect ect from little cameras 100's of them so its like a chain mail suit with 1000's of screens and cameras... makes you about 70% invisible apart from the edges.. because of curvature... "

They already use this idea on spy planes, you can ever see them if you get close enough to skunkworks

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Isn't the point that you can't see them even if you get close enough.

I remember reading about this recently and they were looking at the same old projector idea, but instead of thousands of cameras they only needed 6 and a super powerful computer, more than we have currently to do the 3d computational stuff to create the image to project. The usual limitations of course.
Maybe this could be combined with the new technology coming out to create video screens in air.

Personally I would like a display system for my car. Either a projection or the window as a lcd, where I can have a video of me at the driver wheel, but really I could be doing anything. I could have a video of a couple of big guys in the car for when my wife is driving alone. video on all windows of course for realism, then cameras to the outside projecting on the inside for me to see out.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok, imagine wallpaper.

Now imagine that it can 'transmitt' tv image.

Imagine that this wallpaper is covering, lets say the whole aircraft and is getting it 'footage' from couple high coverage cameras that are filming the 'otherside'.

Lets not imagine anymore.. this is reality.

There are only 0,5-3mm 'thick' tv-screens.. that are like wallpaper and unlike normal 'tv:s' that these can be bend and made as big as necessary and really dont weight no more than RA paint.

And from elements like these can be made a 'active visual' stealht.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
fulcrum I think you are replying about OLED (organic light emiting diods)

some links

www.wave-report.com...

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That seems kinda about what im talking about, maybe your right.. was this allready mentioned here?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join