It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How It All Began?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A topic that puzzles me, to no ends, is this.

How did everything begin?
By this I mean, if your religious, you have come to understand, that A GOD, created the Earth, and the Heavens.
Despite HOW, or when, this God created them.

Ok, this, in a sense, I can understand.
My question however, is who, or what, created that God, and created that unto and before that?

I've sat and wondered this for so long.
The only real understanding we have, and, what looks like TO have, is this.
God (whomever yours may be) created the Heavens and Earth.
Now, in your mind, the Heavens may be the entire universe, or every universe out there for that matter, but this seems to be all we're given, no understanding of how things come to be, BEFORE this.

What I wonder is, what is everything was a giant void.
What if, there was nothing out there, in space, or whatever you choose to call the area located outside of Earth it'self, beyond the heavens.
What if nothing exsisted here.
And at any given moment, a chain reaction, appearing out of nowhere, created everything?
What if, the mere THOUGHT that this, this world, this life, the heavens, what if a single understanding, that all of that, WERE to exsist, is what made everything possible?

Have you seen the Butterfly effect?
In the movie, despite how many times he goes back, he CAN change the future, and past, but regardless, it was MEANT to happen, despite the outcome.
So having said that, imagine complete and utter void.
Then out of nowhere an explosion is heard, and we're instantly surrounded by everything you now see in space, in the heavens, and from that, everything up and until now, happened out of sequence, rather random, or purposely.
That's my theory.

What's your take?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well, you may very well be correct, and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. No one actually knows the answers to any of this, but it makes for good discussion.

I think maybe it is like a video game like the Sims, or the movie the Matrix. What we see as reality may just be a virtual world compared to some form of spiritual reality. This would explain why we can't explain with certainty the origins of matter - what created matter in the first place. Just like when you load up the Sims game, the characters wouldn't know why they are there or how they are there, if they could actually think for themselves.

My best guess is that it cannot be proved or resolved or lest God would be proven and nullify the factor of faith, which requires no proof.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Our whole universe is just a science experiment in some alien kid's bedroom????

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Check out this site:

www.simulation-argument.com

Our universe could simply be a simulation.

new topics

top topics

join