It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How 911 Was Staged Reported by Major UK Newspaper

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Since Kevin seems to be so popular in this thread, and a major "source" for the tabloid that initially published this article, let's take a deeper look into this guy:

Kevin Ryan [was] Site Manager at Environmental Health Laboratories (EHL) in South Bend, Indiana. This is a division of UL, the product-compliance and testing giant. Because UL certified the WTC steel for its ability to withstand fires, the steel's performance on September 11 is obviously of concern to the company. While Ryan's letter does not constitute an official statement from Underwriters Laboratories, it suggests incipient disagreements between UL and NIST about the true cause of the WTC collapses.

Let's try and look at this from a legal perspective..

Because UL certified the WTC steel for its ability to withstand fires, the steel's performance on September 11 is obviously of concern to the company.

Indeed the steels performance is and should have been a concern to the company. And with all public relation concerns, a team is devised to research, investigate, and come to a final conclusion before making a public statement.

Kevin Ryan took it upon himself to be the team, do the research, and make a public statement in the name of the company.

Is it any surprise he was fired?

Ryan copied the letter to Gayle in e-mails to David Ray Griffin, author of the New Pearl Harbor, and to Catherine Austin Fitts, who is a member of the 911Truth.org board. Griffin requested and received permission to distribute Ryan's letter to other parties. The letter was published Friday (11/12) at septembereleventh.org, the site of the 9/11 Visibility Project.

Kevin Ryan makes the claim that he did not intend this letter to be a public open letter, but instead a private letter sent to Frank Gayle. Yet, in the same breathe leaked this letter to several websites, authors, and conspiracy projects in an attempt to make it public.

Here's UL's public disowning of Kevin Ryan:

On Nov. 11, 2004, a letter from Kevin Ryan, a former employee of Underwriters Laboratories Inc., addressed to the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST), was posted on a Web site called the 9-11 Visibility Project (www.septembereleventh.org). In the letter, Mr. Ryan speculated on the causes of the collapse of the World Trade Center towers.

Mr. Ryan wrote the letter without UL's knowledge or authorization. Mr. Ryan was neither qualified nor authorized to speak on UL's behalf regarding this issue. The opinions he expressed in the letter are his own and do not reflect those of Underwriters Laboratories Inc.

UL's Fire Protection Division has assisted NIST in its investigations regarding the collapse of the WTC towers. However, Mr. Ryan was not involved in that work and was not associated in any way with UL's Fire Protection Division, which conducted testing at NIST's request. Rather, Mr. Ryan was employed in UL's water testing business, Environmental Health Laboratory, in South Bend, Indiana.

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. fully supports NIST's ongoing efforts to investigate the WTC tragedy. We regret any confusion that Mr. Ryan's letter has caused 9/11 survivors, victims' families and their friends.

One thing that I've learned from working with big corporations, is that if something happens, you keep your mouth shut to the media. If you're a physical witness, source, or have data, you present it to the company during an investigation. Once the data has been hashed, and the stories have been documented, does the individual responsible for making public announcements disclose your findings. It's really simple.. its called corporate ethics and most companies require you to take a course, and sign a contract that you'll agree with the guide lines.

Now as for his claims in his "private" letter.. I'm not in a position to make any comments on them.. but they've been challenge several times in this thread

But his allegations drew a sharp rebuke from UL, which said Ryan wrote the letter "without UL's knowledge or authorization." The company told The Tribune "there is no evidence" that any firm tested the materials used to build the towers.

"UL does not certify structural steel, such as the beams, columns and trusses used in World Trade Center," said Paul M. Baker, the company's spokesman.

Ryan was fired, Baker said, because he "expressed his own opinions as though they were institutional opinions and beliefs of UL."

"The contents of the argument itself are spurious at best, and frankly, they're just wrong," Baker said.

And as it appears, the UL doesnt even perform tests on steel..

And at last I leave you with Kevin Ryan's latest letter where he attempts to not only talk about the 9/11 conspiracy, but of the government laying down the plans to take over the worlds resources...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shroomery

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
"As I look out my window, I see families on pontoon boats, teenager's jet skiing, and old people playing in their garden... This is what American's want, to be left alone to do their own thing"

what is wrong with that ? would the world be a better place if the tin-foil hat brigade ran everything ?

glimpse of that reality, young jenny goes to first day of school

jenny: "good morning miss smith, how are you today ?"
smith : "what do you mean that that ? did mkultra get to you ? sit down before the cia gets a clear look at you"

While you're coming up with jokes about how the CIA enters your life, your president is exactly doig that. You're being stripped of your liberties and rights, But keep laughing! If you keep looking the other way long enough all problems eventually go away.. if you live long enough that is. Ignorance is bliss.

ok. all you"aware" posters. WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE ABOUT CHANGING THE WORLD AROUND YOU ????

nothing. well, you type a lot.

so what good is your "awareness" if it makes you stay awake at night worrying about the flouride in your water ? will your precious awarness change the course of world history ? what good is it ? it will probably take 5-10 years off of your life. All it will ever amount to is you can all yell a big "I told you so" when the greys land on the white house lawn, and inform the world that the moon landing was a hoax, titor is real, bush ordered 9/11, and the british royal family are really shapeshifting reptilians from the 4th dimension that live in bases on the dark side of the moon.

this is the saddest stuff i've seen on any chatroom. While the tin foil hat brigade is taking anxiety meds, smoking cigarettes and feverishly typing away in chat rooms, they look out the window and mock people that are on jet skis and gardening....deny living like a mushroom ! get some fresh air ! heck, if you think the world is going to end, live a little !!!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shroomery
You start out by proving my point that ignorance is bliss.
"As long as I don't suffer, let them do as they please"
First of all, weren't you english ?

I am English, the laws in America and here are fairly similar, we seem to mirror each other on them most of the time.
I don't remember saying 'As long as I don't suffer, let them do as they please', I just think people should appreciate the freedoms they have while they can at least, including the right to freedom of speech on the internet but doing it in a balance with everything else.
If you just read conspiracies all day then your bound to end up biased.

Then, again, you start ranting about how we don't have any lives. Get over yourself prince charming ...

I implied it more than anything, it's not my fault I've obviously touched a nerve. And if you don't go out and do 'normal' things and enjoy life outside then how the hell do you think you've got any perception of what's going on? You have to balance things out to keep it real. Or are you scared that by 'contaminating' yourself by doing normal things and speaking to 'normal' people that it will pollute your ideas?

I'm so sick of your dreamworld where everyone who believes Bush is behind this is a paranoid delusional.

I don't necessarily think there wasn;t any previous knowledge, I just think that some of these theories are overly elaborate when there are much simplar solutions.

While you just don't have the attentionspan or the braincapacity to listen to someone talk about the REAL problems, too busy humping the misses huh?

Hit another nerve there? Well that's a pleasure that I get to enjoy, sorry if you don't. And I have a much higher than average IQ, so I would hardly say I'm stupid. I have a short attention span because I get bored listening to repetative drivel and I want to enjoy as much of life as possible in the time I've got.

Then you're saying that we should enjoy our freedom ? How freaking arrogant. Half the country is FIGHTING for your freedom right this very moment, and all you do is attack them for that same reason.
You make me sick.

Who exactly? You? ... we're screwed....

A think this says it well:

Posted by: syrinx high priest
this is the saddest stuff i've seen on any chatroom. While the tin foil hat brigade is taking anxiety meds, smoking cigarettes and feverishly typing away in chat rooms, they look out the window and mock people that are on jet skis and gardening....deny living like a mushroom ! get some fresh air ! heck, if you think the world is going to end, live a little !!!

I do believe in a lot of conspiracies, but I also enjoy the world I'm 'fighting' for. You cannot get a fair perspective on things without having balance in your life.
You accuse us of being ignoraqnt and only believing the official sources, but you are doing the same with your Alex Jones type stuff.
What you think he's some angel of light sent to help us? Dream on - he has his own agenda the same as everyone else and everything he publishes is to further it, whatever it is.
And don't think that it's necessarily 'to help people' any more so than you think Bush, Blair and co want to 'help people'.

<< 1  2   >>

join