It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ORB (foo fighter) on google maps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was looking through some sites and noticed this site shows a google map satilite photo with some thing I can't even try to explain.

foo fighters

Any one have an idea what this thing is?

Think it's faked? here is a link to the actual google map. MAP

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ive seen pictures like this before... really weird. I couldn't tell you what I think because Honestly... I dont know because this can be a great debate and im just gonna sit back and watch.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Your not the first ATSer to find this .......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So give credit where credit is due people , with the original post!

Not that anyone wouldn't, but you know.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It also looks as if someone has re-created this image too!

So I think we can assume this image has been debunked!

For Proper Debunking Read This.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
It also looks as if someone has re-created this image too!

So I think we can assume this image has been debunked!

For Proper Debunking Read This.

I'm sorry, I just had to say this, but I don't think that just because an image can be recreated on a PC gives you just reason to say it's a fake. I could take a picture of the space shuttle on the ground and a picture of the earth from space and super impose the two over the top of one another, does this mean the shuttle has never flown into space? Your logic is fundamentally flawed.

Also, on a side note, I haven't got a clue what this is but I'd hazard a guess at some kind of weather balloon. Although it's impossible to tell from such a picture.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There are either two things:

1. Real UFO's of an unknown type (space or earth based).
2. Placed in by Google

If it's 1. then they could be a variety of things, UFO's hold creedence only because there's been no official answer given otherwise (that i'm aware of).

If it's 2. and Google has added these, they could be for the very reason that people will start talking about them and promote Google Earth for them.

To me they don't look like UFOs because they look to solid for an 'orb' of light/energy and i don't agree with the colouring of it. It looks like a 3d shaded object done on a computer with some blur added and placed into the frame. They would be bloody huge orbs if they were real. To me they look like they've been added for what ever reason but i know the Google crew are pretty savy with their promotion so i wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There's ALOT of the pictures. "Google sightseeing" has a bunch of the links with the UFOs in it, it should be on the front page I think.

Anyway, I don't think it's a weather balloon.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Your not the first ATSer to find this .......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So give credit where credit is due people , with the original post!

Not that anyone wouldn't, but you know.

Sorry I searched orb foo fighter(because that is what the site I seen it on was calling it), didn't think to search google.

The only way I could see it as fake though is if Google was just adding things to snap shots, but I guess it could happen. Although it could be a weather ballon.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creative_Seeker
I'm sorry, I just had to say this, but I don't think that just because an image can be recreated on a PC gives you just reason to say it's a fake. I could take a picture of the space shuttle on the ground and a picture of the earth from space and super impose the two over the top of one another, does this mean the shuttle has never flown into space? Your logic is fundamentally flawed.

Here is the Logic you seem to have missed, when there is so much good evidence out there that suggests some UFOs are ETVs , there is no reason to hang on to dubious photos.

Since it was so easily recreated, and appears to be an altered photo, its bunk , we don't need it!

In other word why waste time on a suspicious photo when there is so much other good evidence is out there?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It is a pic of a water tower i have seen many that are round at the top and some that look like oil containers that they have at refiners. plus notice it is right by a lake.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetseeker
It is a pic of a water tower i have seen many that are round at the top and some that look like oil containers that they have at refiners. plus notice it is right by a lake.

Thats one big ass water tower then chief.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

Originally posted by prophetseeker

Thats one big ass water tower then chief.

True, I doubt it is a water tower, it cuts through houses in the photo which means it's above them. The blur you see on the photo suggests it's high in the atmosphere and is actually out of focus, with the blur being concentric all around the object it suggests it's slow moving or moving directly upwards instead of moving quickly to one side, this was my logic for it possibly being some kind of weather instrument.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
could it be a lenticular cloud ?

Lenticular clouds

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
"I'm sorry, I just had to say this, but I don't think that just because an image can be recreated on a PC gives you just reason to say it's a fake."

I have a lot of video footage eg NASA etc.. on video format. However, I just purchased a special unit that will allow me to convert analog video to digital format which will allow me to post some stuff like the NASA footage of the same type ball as pictured above. I some real ras-amataz stuff. I'll be starting the conversion this fall and will have some very-interesting stuff to post.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
could it be a lenticular cloud ?

Lenticular clouds

That it might be but either way I have to say this is by far one of the coolest clouds I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If this is an aerial photo, and not a sat photo, could be a drop of moisture on the lens perhaps? Especially considering, enlarging the pic, one can see that it is semi-transparent, you can see on the outer edges that the houses are slightly visible, yet the inner part seems solid - characteristic of a water drop.

On the crap about "easy to alter = debunked", hell that makes damn near every photo there is a fake, as with graphics programs today - everything is easy to alter.

Easy = fake, maybe need to debunk some ignorance first?.

Ugh

Misfit

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ive read a post on another website about these silver orbs there are lots more in various places on google maps when I get the chance i will post the links. I believe if I remember correctly they are some sort of marker to do with co-ordinates placed on the maps by google themselves!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think so. The shadows are going the other way on the ground. If it was a real object , the highlight should be at the top. Unless it's concave ...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hidatsa
I think so. The shadows are going the other way on the ground. If it was a real object , the highlight should be at the top. Unless it's concave ...

You must be looking at a different photo than I.

The shadows are clearly on the Top side of the photo (we will call it the north side). As you can clearly see the shadows, darker side of the what ever it is is also on the north side. The lightest portion of the houses and the object are on the south side of the photo.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
ok Fine let me finish what I started.

Now if you notice the artifact , which is clearly shperical, can tell us the direction of light illuminating it. I have done that. It does not match the shadows clearly on the ground .

Notice the two arrows , that point to shadows , and light falling in the wrong places .

Its obvious that someone is better at making CG Artifacts , than figuring out what direction shadows should fall.

Unless we have two Suns , its a fake!

And it can be easily recreated!

Now its been Properly Debunked.

See what I meant when I said,

"So I think we can assume this image has been debunked! "

Since my logic was brought into question , now I've gone ahead and Debunked it myself!

I'll see your " flawed Logic" statement, and raise you one Debunked Photo.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by lost_shaman]

<<   2 >>

join