It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a question about Mil/Gov Facilities - Ask your friendly FSME!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What does "punching a cloud" mean as far as pilot lingo?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sounds like it would be involving flying into cloud cover, or going into Instrument Flight Rules conditions.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
means literally that. pilots use mainly thier sight to get around, but occasionally they run into couds, so they "punch" through, either above or below

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wxmann
means literally that. pilots use mainly thier sight to get around, but occasionally they run into couds, so they "punch" through, either above or below

thanks wx

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think Ft Campbell is where the Delta Force aviation unit is based. I've heard of other uses for it, but not confirmed. As in F-117 testing in the local mountain areas. F-117s were in the news in that area 15-20 years ago.

U.S. Army - SOAR, MH-60G, MH-47, CH-47, UH-60, AH-64, VH-60 retrofit, ASTARS, LSMP

SOAR = Special Operations Aviation Regiment

Nightstalkers - The Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) 160th US Army Division based at Ft. Campbell, Ky., considered the Army's finest helicopter aviation unit, specializing in night flying and combat.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am interested in the underground part of Area51...labs, doctors...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I just entered my first post on the newbie/freshman info board (the wrong place I guess). If anyone is interested in helping me figure out some of my dear Dad's past history I sure would appreciate it. Please go to that newbie/freshman board to read longish text. Thanks much in advance.

Daddy's Little Girl

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Have you ever been to Area 51 or any other secret military base?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have read Cheyenne mountain can withstand a 30 megaton warhead within a mile, and in another souce, it is vulnerable to nuclear attack. Which is it? According to most sources, the main complex is 2000 feet under solid granit. A tunnel goes through entirely with thick access doors on the side of the tunnel to allow overpressure to be vented out the other side. Sounds pretty invulnerable to me.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
ET,

The phrase "helping hands" is used by security forces in the US military, especially over radio channels.

It is code-speak for "I am in trouble and don't have time to explain why - send in the cavalry to my location fast".

It is used in places like airbases and weapon depots, where armed security details frequently patrol.

Man...you can find anything on Google!!!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have a question for you. Can you please check on my thread on this forum "click here"

I think you might be able to help me since you are the FSME. Thanks!!!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnikah

Anyone here ever heard of any "top-secret" or research-type flights being flown out of Ft. Campbell, Ky.

NASA has used it on occasion as a way point for shuttle movement.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I would like to welcome Shadowhawk as a new FSME to this forum.

His expertise and vast background knowledge in the field of aerospace/defense programs and facilities makes him a perfect person for this role.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well Done Shadowhawk.

You definately deserve it and im sure you will fill the role perfectly, you're one of the few people on this board that can be trusted to look at the facts and your own and other peoples research rather than revert to illogical theories.

Congratulations

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Waht is real name of Area51? Area 51 is name for place where are The Skunkworks, Dreamland, Groom Lake Military Base, Watertown, The Ranch, Paradise Ranch and The Box. Is the real name Det3 AFFTC since begining 90`s?

[edit on 10/9/06 by Zeta Home]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Perhaps you can shed some light on a facility or something "unusual in Hiram, GA.". I haven't got the google coordinates yet because the satellite image differs a little from the location itself. However, if you don't mind a bit of a story. the location is about 24 acres worth of land surrounded by barb wire fence then the land is completely flat with only a small building in the middle (red and white building) their are a couple of antennaes on and around the building. Someone close to me once was in a drunken stupper and was walking alongside the fence late at night and was stopped by military personnel and told to leave the area. I've driven past the area many times and see a few black cars parked arount the building but it has puzzled me to this day what is or is not being done in or around this area.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok, old post so it might be answered, or not require an answer. a "Helping Hand" is term used in the USAF to denote a incident involving priority resources.

Yes, I'm an AF vet.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I FOUND A SITE THAT LOOKS REAL FOR AREA 51. ANY ONE WANT TO SEE? CAN I GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS I HAD SOME ONE NAMED AGENT SMITH TRY TO FORMAT MY COMPUTER FROM THE OTHER SIDE.I BANED HIS IP ADDRESS. THAT STOPPED HIM HES BEEN TRYING TO PING MY COMPUTER 1000S OF TIMES .internal.tbi.net... LOOK AT IT SEE WHAT YOU THINK POST REPLY PLEASE. IM NEW TO CHAT ROOMS

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
internal.tbi.net... CHECK THIS OUT REPLY.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
SPOON

You're a moron.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join