It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh No!! Not another "Is this real?" post!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
But sadly, it is. Ok, heres the story..me and the wife like to change op the wall papers. So I come home one night and see some shark looking at me...she knows i hate them things (still scarred from seeing JAWS when I was eight)...anyrate, I change it to a real ugly spider to get her back, then today I awoke to this damn thing. I actually jumped! I FRIGGIN HATE SNAKES!! another phobia.

So heres my question...tell me if this is real or fake? I'm mostly concerned with the teeth. I saw another pic of this thing taken from a different angle, but I cant locate it. The snake I believe is real. Its them teeth though!!

So have a look, and let me know what you guys think..

ready?

boo!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't recall ever seeing anything with teeth like that so I'd best guess it as an enhanced photo, but I'm no herpetologist.

Cug

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yep it's real.

Snakes have 2 upper rows of teeth per side, plus one row per side on the bottom.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Looks much to exaggerated.

Do you have the name of that one ?

[edit on 9-8-2005 by joyouslyhumored]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
My first thought was "photoshop!", but the more I look at it (ewwww) theres alot of detail there. Oh god, I so want this to be fake...gotta bad feelin though.

Cug

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
No photoshop, just big teeth for a big snake. It just had a impala dinner before getting zapped on an electric fence.

www.bushveld.co.za...
www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm afraid of snakes as well, and, seriously, that is freakin scary. I did not know a python could have that many teeth.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
only on constrictor (strangler) snakes though as far as i know, other snakes (the more classic venom type) do not have that type of rows , not having to "hold" their prey after having injected them
but do correct me if i`m wrong

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am a herpetologist ( or used to be shall i say ) and i can say this is not an enhanced photo. At first i thought reticulated python but given the body size im going to say its an african rock.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yeah I can definately see an anaconda or python having a mouth that big, considering they get larger than 20 feet long and can eat ridiculously large other animals.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
No photoshop, just big teeth for a big snake. It just had a impala dinner before getting zapped on an electric fence.

www.bushveld.co.za...
www.snopes.com...

Stupid tragic waste that it had to end like that tho' - it looked a fine animal.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
It just had a impala dinner before getting zapped on an electric fence.

It ate a chevy?!

You know what they say about eating before diving through fences...

But seriously Cug, appreciate the info. Appreciate the cross-verification too minniescar. Amazing stuff.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
that thing still gives me nightmares. Where im from we got gargner snakes, i know they got some teeth, but theyre little teeth. not those razor sharp mandibles....ewwww

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Gargner snakes?

There is no such animal.
There are however garter snakes.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selective_ID
Gargner snakes?

There is no such animal.

Sure there is.It is what you see after the second six pack,ain't it?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have built a lot of electric fences and I don't think that is one. Just a smooth wire fence.

Roper

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selective_ID
Gargner snakes?

There is no such animal.

wow..my bad..lol...i usually cacth al my spelin mustakes too..

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I have built a lot of electric fences and I don't think that is one. Just a smooth wire fence.

Roper

I can guarantee you that this is electric fence. Keep in mind that this is the type of electric fence to keep Wild Animals in (or out) including rhinos, lions, etc. so it won't be your run of the mill electric fence. If you look at the bigger photographs here:
www.bushveld.co.za...
or here
www.snopes.com...
you'll see the tell-tale white plastic rings used for this kind of electric fencing.

Anyhows, the scary part about this snake is that it's a small one. I've seen pythons 3 times this one's size!

[edit on 10-8-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Umm....WOW!

To echo Indiana Jones..."I hate snakes"

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

<<   2 >>

join