It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting a military job?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
HI, i want to have a life working for the US goverment i want a leadership position, I have a degree in Political Science, I would go into any armed forces, i am thinking if i go in the Air Force and make ranks i will be in on those important goverment porjects
do you think engineers are the ones the army,airfroce, or navy needs to work at the pentagon or govermennt projects? i was thinking about sigining up as a support commondar or like nasa comander well give advice!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I would like to suggest that you do your research, and talk to a recruiter.

If you want a job at the Pentagon, you really need to be the best.

Also, if you're not a U.S. citizen, you may not be granted the neccessary clearance. Actually, if you're not a U.S. citizen, you won't even be given a secret clearance.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.usajobs.opm.gov...

The United State's job site.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enespanol4391
HI, i want to have a life working for the US goverment i want a leadership position... i was thinking about sigining up as a support commondar or like nasa comander well give advice!

Commander? Why bother? Start at the top, Commander In Chief is the way to go... Plus you can retire after just four years!

Chain Of Command Monkeys, not just for being "in charge" anymore...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is another link. This link take you to the Air Force homepage. If you look to the right side of the page, you'll see the links for Enlisted opportunities and Officer opportunities. Since you have a degree. I think those are great links because it gives you a brief description about each job the AF has to offer.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You should know, people get paid for talking about what am about to share with you.

A "degree in Political Science", did you say err type? In that case your most probable government/military employment would be as some kind of diplomat of some kind. Perhaps as a teacher/instructor to familiarize others on how to be more aware of cultural policies. Depending upon your ASVAB if you decide to enlist, you job could even be intel if you score high enough.

Go commissioned, that is through an officers school, and you might get that cushy desk job you want. However that will consist mostly of brown nosing and sucking up to the other desk jockies, who are more interested in their own career advancement (no matter the cost to others), than actually soldiering. Your choice, if you are looking to be a leader, you will need to start from the bottom. For you will not know how to lead greatly, if you havn't been in those shoes.

Since your an educated person, you might have already know that much, however your the one who asked. Any ways, only you know what your good at, and what will make you happy. Getting paid to do what makes you happy, and being paid for it is what makes the world of difference between just a job, and a career. go ahead and do your window shoping comparisons, measure each and every option. when you find what is for you, it will be clear and most apparent.

Here are some other links that might prove of use;
UNCW What Can I Do With A Major In Political Science

"Majoring in Political Science"
Careers in Political Science

A bachelor's degree in political science can lead to employment in business, government, journalism, and organizations advocating public policies or representing specific groups. These jobs can utilize the analytical skills and/or administrative competence of political science majors.

Government and Political Science Resources

Since I'm not a career advisor or getting paid to do this, no more from me.
This should be more than enough get anyone started though. Good luck, and if anything good comes your way because of this, don't be afraid to look me up.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yeah, you should talk to somebody who works with that sorts of things...
He'll tell you how to get forward...

new topics

top topics

join