It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange tunnel!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Last week, I took a trip to Mammoth Mountain CA, and on the way back I was reading some papers I printed out about underground bases. I got tired of reading, so I was looking out the car window to see if I could see any evidence of an underground base. About 10 miles east of Kern County I saw a tunnel which was probobly about 8-10 ft around going inside a mountain. What was strange is that I could see to the other side of the mountain through the tunnel and I could see bushes on the other side of the mountain with the sun shining on them. What was stranger is that the tunnel looked about 30-40 feet long, and the mountain was at around 200 ft high and the slant was around 40 degrees, which makes it almost impossible for the tunnel to be going to the other side of the mountain. All I can think of is that it is an underground base tunnel and it was not going completely through the mountain, but it was some kind of illusion.

They looked like these underground facility vents, but I couldnt see any bars on them, because I wasnt close up. www.aliendave.com...

[edit on 5-8-2005 by BigPimpin]
(mod edit to fix link)

[edit on 5-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Maybe just normal drains?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No, but the tunnels were shorter then how long the mountain was, but it looked like you could see to the other end.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i live in kern county ya ya have an air force base round here but where were you ? !_!

EDIT: ahh mammoth mountain eh ?

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Lamagraa]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think I was about 10 miles North of Kern county, but It was in desert area. I put East in the first post, but I ment North, sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
They are probably water pipes and you can see them in several places in and arounf I-5

Were there more than one? painted in the same color close together and all paralle to each other? If so those are simply water pipes for moving large amounts of water back and forth.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
There was only 1 tube, and it was at the bottom of the mountain and going through it. The tube was not at any slant or angle. It could see through it when I was perpedicular to it. I saw many tubes that looked like this on the freeway, but this one caught my eye, because of what I said on my above posts^^^^

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
Last week, I took a trip to Mammoth Mountain CA...

...About 10 miles east [actually NORTH] of Kern County
I saw a tunnel which was probobly about 8-10 ft around
going inside a mountain...

...the tunnel looked about 30-40 feet long, and the
mountain was at around 200 ft high and the slant
was around 40 degrees...

...All I can think of is that it is an underground base tunnel...

Really? "All you can think of" is an underground base?

Sounds like a plain Jane water culvert to me.

Were you on US 395 near Little Lake? Tons of
culverts, just as you describe, in that area.

Did you get out of the car and investigate up close?
By what method(s) are you estimating the tube
diameter, length and mountain height?

If the tube is only 30-40 ft long, you could simply
walk up the hill a ways and see if there's a little
valley that allows the sun (and water) to reach
the 'far end' of that tunnel.

Lat Lon coordinates, photographs would certainly help.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bound to be the entrance to a secret base under the mountain where there storing greys dead and alive along with secret alien techknowledgy. Its protected by an alien device that projects a beleivable holographic image, nobody that gets past that comes back!
Deep deep below the mountain, 40 stories down is a stargate!
They even have their own Mcdonalds down there!
Its where they churn out the alien M.I.B.'s!
Theres an alien dude called T'ealc whose a Jaffar, thats a slave of the evil alien god Apophis,who has defected to the governments side. My uncles, cousins, freinds, wifes, sister-in-law's father used to work there, he backengineered Captured Ufos!

Check out my neat avatar!

[edit on 113131p://260811 by instar]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCamo

Originally posted by BigPimpin
Last week, I took a trip to Mammoth Mountain CA...

...About 10 miles east [actually NORTH] of Kern County
I saw a tunnel which was probobly about 8-10 ft around
going inside a mountain...

...the tunnel looked about 30-40 feet long, and the
mountain was at around 200 ft high and the slant
was around 40 degrees...

...All I can think of is that it is an underground base tunnel...

Really? "All you can think of" is an underground base?

Sounds like a plain Jane water culvert to me.

Were you on US 395 near Little Lake? Tons of
culverts, just as you describe, in that area.

Did you get out of the car and investigate up close?
By what method(s) are you estimating the tube
diameter, length and mountain height?

If the tube is only 30-40 ft long, you could simply
walk up the hill a ways and see if there's a little
valley that allows the sun (and water) to reach
the 'far end' of that tunnel.

Lat Lon coordinates, photographs would certainly help.

Yes, I was on the 395 freeway, I couldnt get out of the car, because I was with my family and I wasnt driving. I didnt get a picture either, because at first I thought it was a normal water tube. Then I noticed that the tube wasnt as long as the mountain, but it looked like you could see to the other end. I estimated the tube lengh, because the hole at the other side of the tube looked pretty big as if the other side was not far away. It also didnt look like the hole on the other side was any bigger.

Instar-If thats true, then I think you have a good explination.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why not get some friends & explore the tunnels. Then you can get more insight & see if there are any other passages inside.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I would, but its kind of far from where I live and I still need to get my drivers liscense. Maybe when I get my liscense I will go and try to get some pictures and take friends too.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
spookie... Could it be a military base or just an illusion...?
Are you sure about what you saw...?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yah, Im sure of what I saw, It was strange.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There are a number of possibilities I would consider before an underground alien base.

An exploratory tunnel prior to mining is one. Checking out the geology and mineral content before sinking $millions into a bigger mine.

The L.A. aqueduct runs by there. Could be a part of that complex.

An uncompleted highway tunnel.

It probably was longer. Optical illusion. Ever notice how short a piece of pipe or cardboard tube appears when looking straight through it?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe someone has dug a tunnel just inside your mountain, equipped it with grow lamps and is farming grass!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Those images look photoshoped to me, in my honest opinion. Look at the bottom image at the tunnel to the right - you can see the bars to stop someone from entering. Now, look how close they are to the top of the tunnel. Then look above at the same image only from a different view - the bars aren't there. There also seem to be even more discrepancies in the photos as well if you look for them.

Then again, I could be wrong. Would seem like a storm drain to me or vents for a mine shaft.

[Edit - spelling.]

[edit on 8/16/2005 by BlueApocalypse]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueApocalypse
Those images look photoshoped to me...

??? What images ???

top topics

join