It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's during shuttle launch?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sounds crazy but when it got in space I clearly saw 2 objects that didnt look like a reflection, that was in the far background moving at high speed.

Anyone save it? and play it back and see what it is? It only lasted 2 seconds.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
As the shuttle moves into the supersonic, and as it goes up through the stmosphere, you see all sorts or weird stuff around it. I didn;t notice anything out of the ordinary.

BTW. The new fuel tank cam is Awesome. You can watch all the way up until Fuel Tank Separation.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i saw it too i was freakin out LOL

there was a white spot way way wayyyyyyy in the background and it was actually MOVING ***could have been the fuel tank moving that caused the dot to appear to move from one area of screen to other side***

keep in mind this is just speculation and i thought it could be the moon or something but im not sure ....

the most strange thing about this "white dot" was that once it started moving from one side to the other side ....the cut the camera feed off

and then they were making up excuses for why they cut the camera feed

i watched the launch of NBC / w brian williams just 20minutes ago
i was cheering and stuff
rock on NASA!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
As the shuttle moves into the supersonic, and as it goes up through the stmosphere, you see all sorts or weird stuff around it. I didn;t notice anything out of the ordinary.

BTW. The new fuel tank cam is Awesome. You can watch all the way up until Fuel Tank Separation.

the white dot i saw was no where near the shuttle

it had nothing to do with the shuttle 'sparks' , and yes i saw all those sparks too

this dot was visable After the mothership separated from the external fuel tank

it was so far in the background it certainly had nothing to do with the shuttle launch

i was thinking it might be the 'moon' or the 'ISS'
but im not sure

ill go try to find some pics or the video footage

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hate to be the coverup kind of person.. But I think NASA is trying to hide such things.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I watched several times, and i only noticed some white dots due to the separation of the Shuttle from the tank. In particular, you can see one which was at the right of the shuttle, then moved behind it, just as the shuttle was separating, then it moved near the earth horizon. This was just some debris of the separation.

[edit on 26/7/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
well they did cut the camera feed the moment we could view this "thing"
then brian williams spend a minute "making up excuses' for why they cut the camera feed

it could be totally explainable tho; but who knows

it was cool tho huh the shuttle actually made it into space

ill try to look into the positions of the 'moon' and the 'ISS' so i can try and determine if they were visable

ill go to nasa and check their charts after breakfast

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
I watched several times, and i only noticed some white dots due to the separation of the Shuttle from the tank. In particular, you can see one which was at the right of the shuttle, then moved behind it, just as the shuttle was separating, then it moved near the earth horizon. This was just some debris of the separation.

dude were not idiots; this was NOT the sparks flying off the shuttle
lol

it appeared 100% distinct and separate from the shuttle itself

not to mention it didnt move for awhile and then it panned to the left some

my debunking theory ::: it appeaed to move because the fuel tank began falling to earth
---we saw the ISS or the moon

thats my theory and im gonna go try to find info to back it up
hopefully the moon and ISS were no where near this thing and so it could rule them out

notice ::: sparks and derbies from the space shuttle dont "Hover in space" like this....the shuttle was moving like 7,000 to 12,000 mph or something like that
theres No Way in Hell a piece of the shuttle can hover like this thing did

thats why i think it was the moon or ISS

*sorry to post so much

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If anyone watched this on the comp, they should have the info somewhere on the hard drive. I'd love to see pics of what you saw. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsr5
Sounds crazy but when it got in space I clearly saw 2 objects that didnt look like a reflection, that was in the far background moving at high speed.

Anyone save it? and play it back and see what it is? It only lasted 2 seconds.

I watched the live video and what you saw was probably the 2 tanks seperating from the shuttle.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
muzzleflash we are certainly not talking about the same thing... I'm sure of what i saw (i recorded the event).

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
how did the 2 small tanks get 500miles above earth? and how did they get so far away?

---still think it was moon or ISS *or maybe other satilites**or even a glint on the camera lens

im eatin a burrito as i type lol
so i Will be checkin charts asap guys np

im pretty sure it had nothing 2 do with the shuttle launch itself unless it was a camera lens glint

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
guys i need some help

i cant find any charts that show the current location of Moon or ISS
im lookin all over www.nasa.gov but i cant locate it

anyone know where it is?

---also i cant find a video of the entire launch yet
i believe this 'event ' occured around 7min to 10min in the launch
at the same time the external fuel tank was dropped

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I didn't see the launch but I believe ya'.

The UFO's were there during the Columbia disaster. You can
clearly see them while the shuttle is breaking up. It/they
are solid, not debris and they are in the top center or so
of the film footage. No doubt about it.

They were there watching as Columbia broke apart. I'm sure
they were there this morning watching as we took for for the
first time in 2 1/2 years.

Curious little varments, aren't they?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Curious little varments, aren't they?

lol varments lol

thats funny way of putting it

if we can find the moon position or ISS position plus maybe satilite positions etc ++ the actual fuel tank video + a few video experts

we can begin to debunk or verify this 'ufo' thing

until we can gather the resources ive listed above; we cant do anything but speculate

we need to analyze all the facts first

someone pls post a link to the video of the fuel tank being dropped off the shuttle...thanks

i cant find it ; ive found dozen videos of the first 2minutes of launch tho; but its really useless in this thread

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Saw it too, figured it was ice crystals

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
quick question....how far out of our atmosphere do those tanks have to be?......ok my real question is are the tanks gonna end up floating in space, or are they comming back down?........lol

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier today aswell! Where do all the parts they jetison go? It still seemed to be in the atmosphere when the first two went - and where does the main fuel tank go?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastonStyle78
quick question....how far out of our atmosphere do those tanks have to be?......ok my real question is are the tanks gonna end up floating in space, or are they comming back down?........lol

You sound as if you may not know a lot about the shuttle.

The two solid rocket boosters separate from the rest about 90 seconds into flight. They supply the bulk of the lift from liftoff to this point. They fall away, and are pulled from the ocean and reused. After that, the Main Fuel Tank supplies all of the fuel to the Space Shuttle Main Engines (SSME) until, I think around 600 miles from liftoff and 10 minutes into flight. Then, It falls away and burns up in the atmosphere. What is left falls into the Atlantic ocean, if any is left at all.

In all, 4 pieces, and 3 are re-used.

[edit on 7/26/2005 by soulforge]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nova
I was thinking about this earlier today aswell! Where do all the parts they jetison go? It still seemed to be in the atmosphere when the first two went - and where does the main fuel tank go?

I do believe I heard them say it burns up on re-entry.

<<   2  3 >>

join