It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gut feelings...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
See if this makes any sense to you --

I get the feeling that people who are "disbelievers" of a government conspiracy feel that most people who believe it are idiots... and the rest are just paranoid. But let me ask you this, does it really take a genius to recognize inconsistancies and to gain a gut feeling?

For instance, cops do this on a daily basis. Are they in anyway resembling Einstein? No. They are dumb. But they can recognize a pattern of inconsistencies and make sound judgements off of that. It's human nature, or rather, a gut feeling.

So yes, many of people here, including myself, are not engineers or experts. However, we have read our history, we have heard the stories and we all recognize a pattern of inconsistencies. A pattern that I'm sure most couldn't deny when placed in front of them.

Does this mean we are right?? Certainly not. It mostly means that most of us just want more facts. And sadly, you nor this government is willing to provide them. Giving me, or us, a lame synopsis of events does not constitute fact.

Fiction can just as easily be based on facts as truth can.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by white4life420]

Terms And Conditions Of Use:
By using this message board, you agree to the following:
4.)
You will not use profanity in our forums...

[edit on 25/7/05 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think the problem with this is how subjective it can be.

For example, a person that always takes things at face value won't have gut feelings otherwise if they're convinced that they're right. Same for the other side.

Hell, we try to use facts instead, but even then people will still ignore them or try to sleight them because of their total self-conviction and will continue in their beliefs, dishonest to themselves. Again, this can go for both sides. My personal opinion, though, is that the side that's doing the most questioning is starting to uncover the truth in this case in particular.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
My personal opinion, though, is that the side that's doing the most questioning is starting to uncover the truth in this case in particular.

I said in a differnent thread:

"I find it odd how people are so easily offended by the conspiracy type ideas. "Conspiracy theorists" are a large part of what keeps things in check. If there weren't people out there asking, "well what the hell, that doesn't make any sense", then who would stand in the way?"

So, barring the fact that we are right, what is the harm in asking questions? If we are wrong, they should be answered and dismissed -- everyone of them. But, similarily to the "Does this make any sense to you?" thread, even the most remote questions, such as; "why iraq?" can't be answered. Even funnier, the same type of people who admit that Iraq was a bogus cover on here still defend it on most sites.

Why? Because on ATS, they are defending a subject that is much more incriminating. On most sites, these people are defending easily debatable and inconclusive topics.

But I garuntee that if you put anyone who admits to Iraq fraud in a different site, they say Bush is right and we are winning the war on terror.

That just seems to be the way of thinking.

join