It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big brother is getting bigger!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
with all of the latest torrorist attacks on engalnd i have begun to wonder if it is just another step towards the big brothewr state.

mr blair is arguing about us all having id card to prevent torroism, i dont see how this would help as we have 500,000 illegal immigrants that we dont know about in our country.

the cities are all ready coverd in cctv cameras how long until every inch of our countrys are taken over by the big brothers eye?

as far as i am concerned all of these attacks on america and england is just a way for our leaders who are supposed to govern for us all, to slowly turn us into the big brother state goerge orwell wrote about.

but would this reallt be a bad thing?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzlefizzle

as far as i am concerned all of these attacks on america and england is just a way for our leaders who are supposed to govern for us all, to slowly turn us into the big brother state goerge orwell wrote about.

i agree, these bombings would be agood motive, to slowly turn us into debt slaves, we will be walking cattle.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bisonn
i agree, these bombings would be agood motive, to slowly turn us into debt slaves, we will be walking cattle.

Uh...will be...as in, in the future? What about now? You don't think everything we do is tracked? You don't think someone monitors this very message board we are talking on?

I found it interesting that the very day after I had joined this board, helecopters began to fly over my residence repeatedly for three days solid. I went out and looked at them and they were the same helecopters flying over, looping around, and flying back over from the other direction. They did this all day long and into the early evening. I live way out in the country away from other houses, so it wasn't like they were flying over the neighborhood. They were also unidentifiable - not military, not black...just your general small independently flown helicopters (and there were at least two different ones that I could identify). By the way, has this happened to anyone else here?

My point? Welcome to George Orwell's 1984, folks! It's been here for a long time. The Patriot Act made it even easier. Don't think that anything you do or say is private. The government knows exactly what you do.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Quoting from 1984:

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

With a system of perpetual WAR, a government sets its people into a state of fear and national political PEACE with which they can manipulate FREEDOM to put the populace into a mental SLAVERY and can deny the facts to the people promoting IGNORANCE to give STRENGTH to the government.

Analysts say the supposed "War on Terror" could last for decades. I can see no more effective system for perpetual war than terrorism.

The Patriot act has revoked personal liberties in exchange for safety. To quote Benjamin Franklin:

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither!

And with the steady monitoring of media outlets and personal communications devices, we are becoming lost to the truth.

Oh and btw...there's a GPS thing in most cell phones. Turn it off if you're paranoid.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Fortimus]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Big Brother has been here in one way or another since the yr dot...
take the net?
you think that they would allow us to have access to the type of things you can get on here without them first being able to track us.
take the mobile phone?
they have been listening into our land line chats for ever, now with mobiles they are doing the same thing.....and more?
anything electronic that leaves a trace is being watched for key words, phrases, sets of numbers, names anything.
take credit cards:
if they want they can get instant access to your spending patterns, where you shop , how much you spend, oh and think of this ....you told the tax man last yr you only earnt 25k but you spent nearly that on your mastercard?...Mr Smith i think we need a chat!!!!!

the id cards would have been a good idea ( IM NOT AGAINST THEM HOLDING INFO ON ME COZ I KNOW THEY ALREADY HAVE IT ), im not upto anything so why should i worry, all this civil liberties crap is just that ...crap listen the day you turned 16 your name and everything else about you went into a bloody big computer file and everyday it gets updated

but i thinks its too late for them to use ''it will stop terrorists, crap''
coz it wont as you righly said over 500,000 ILLEGALS and thats estimated coz if they are iilegal how dya know exactly , so maybe push it up by another couple 200,000 and we are about right i'd say.
maybe if the id card would have been done a few yrs ago it may have helped a lot , it wont stop it now or then, but could have helped, but i do think its too late for that now?

In order for anything like that to have a drastic effect,close all the boarders, and start again with everyone who is here, legal or illegal, it would takes yrs but for the furture generations maybe it would have worked out right for them, if you were called up in lets say post code order , you bring your id if you dont have any ...illegal...goodbye, if you do have id, all well and good.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
These are the begining of The Mark Of The Beast.
George Orwell was off by about 20 years, but accurate in his predictions.
Take this one step further, soon most satellite recievers and cable boxes will have cameras in them. It is very easy for cable since you are already connected to the Internet (enter the net) or WWW(world wide web). I have done several posts concerning these things and how the numbers 3, 13, 666, and the Pyramid are begining to surface everywhere and the WWW is a series of 3's if you turn them sideways.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fortimus
Oh and btw...there's a GPS thing in most cell phones. Turn it off if you're paranoid.

...And in an increasing number of cars...
Oh, and don't use credit cards...Only use cash. It's better to keep it in the home than in a bank...And don't use any ATM cards while traveling...

And for God's sake, only a government agency of some kind has the need for your Social Security number...If a privately-owned business asks for it, you can legally deny it to them. If they say that they need your SS number to "better serve your needs", they're lying. A bank has no right to your SS number if you apply for a loan or even merely set up an account. As a matter of fact, banks are the biggest danger to a nation than politicians...There's too much coporate influence in government & who controls the corps? Banks. Nobody can do anything that involves the moving of money (Actually, nothing more than corporate scrip, thanks to the Federal Reserve Act) without the permission of banks.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tidepooler

Originally posted by bisonn

Uh...will be...as in, in the future? What about now? You don't think everything we do is tracked? You don't think someone monitors this very message board we are talking on?

I found it interesting that the very day after I had joined this board, helecopters began to fly over my residence repeatedly for three days solid. I went out and looked at them and they were the same helecopters flying over, looping around, and flying back over from the other direction. They did this all day long and into the early evening. I live way out in the country away from other houses, so it wasn't like they were flying over the neighborhood. They were also unidentifiable - not military, not black...just your general small independently flown helicopters (and there were at least two different ones that I could identify). By the way, has this happened to anyone else here?

My point? Welcome to George Orwell's 1984, folks! It's been here for a long time. The Patriot Act made it even easier. Don't think that anything you do or say is private. The government knows exactly what you do.

MAN YOU GOTTA TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THAT PIC OF THE SPLIFF

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzlefizzle
the cities are all ready coverd in cctv cameras how long until every inch of our countrys are taken over by the big brothers eye?

I think CCTV is more an attempted measure of prevention. Ineffective in most cases though.

We do need more secruity (be that from terrorists or our own gov't), although I don't think numbering and labeling all the people in the country and giving them cards is the way to go. Why should we have things imposed upon us because of other wrong doers?

That is just speculation at the moment.

You are aware Orwell is a fiction writer...

top topics

join