It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel - sensible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Since the begining of civilization there has been what we would percieve as sighting of UFOs - some can be explained others cannot. A popular belief and one i subscribed to myself not too long ago was that these so called aliens who flew these UFOs where not infact aliens but time travellers from our distant or maybe soon future.

Id like to give me thoughts on it to you people, first off imagine the future ethics and morals of time travel no way they could justify time travelling, you see my view is that the slightest lil change in the past changes everything in the future - and i mean slight.

Now suppose they are doing this and thats what UFOs are, well then theyve already changed the world beyond all repair for the better or worse i dont know , but my point is all it takes to change the whole course of human kind is one person to think differently to what he she would have without seing a UFO because as you probably know that person will do something different and knock on effects, - perhaps a similar theory to the "Butterfly effect" the smallest flaps from a butterfly can produce a small enough change to cause a hurricane or tornado years in effect after.

link to that theory jamesthornton.com...

Now you see in my logic if i were to time travel i would send anyone back - id send a sattelite to record earth beginning and so on recording it all - it would have an I.A computer and so on obvious techs - and before you tell me that we would spot it and so on - lets just say our decendants arent stupid
and will have built it to be stealthy and totally undetectible.

Now considering my view is that just by being here from that very moment things change - all it takes it for someone to have looked at the time traveller when in the previous time line they wouldsnt have looked and maybe bumbped into a lampost lol anyway.

Your thoughts would be nice.
If im wrong please tell me its something thats bugging me.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Feel free to relax - you can't go back in time - only forward.

(by creating a localized Time Dialation)

Think about it and do some research at the library and I am confident you will come to the same conclusion.

The paradoxes of traveling back in time cannot be overcome without using the multiple universes theory - and if that is true then it doesn't matter (to us) anyways as it will not effect this universe.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think time travel is like trying to make these super gravity manipulating air craft. We're trying to develope it. Not quite there yet, but possible.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I posted these links in another thread that was recently started on this topic. I think that this has been pretty much discussed to it's exhaustion point...

Aliens, Or Us, From The Future: Hypothesis

Us in the future or from another Planet/Solar system..?

Could Aliens Just Be Humans From The Future?

Send a ship back to Earth from the future!

human beings from the future

Come from future

Are our future generations watching us?

Greys-Future Humans?

The ATS Search Tool can come in handy and save you a bit of time starting up a new thread

[edit on 11-7-2005 by mpeake]

top topics

join