It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Say One Of London Bombers Recently Released From Gitmo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Apparently, a source from within the Pentagon is quoted as saying to the press that one of the "London bombers" is a recently released Guantanamo prison inmate...

Is this really believable ?

Can anyone validate this?

Do we have a case here again of the "prepared victim"..as with the bombers of 9/11.

If the security services knew of the this mans presence in Britain and his former status as a Guantanamo inmate why didnt they inform MI5 to keep him under surveilance ? why wasnt he being watched ? and if he was what went wrong?

Will we hear shortly of a horrendous faillings within the security community
yet again as with 9/11 ?

Now there are videos from mobile phones which place the times of the detenations at odds with the version of the police.
This places doubts on the story of the Isreali financial minister who says he received his warning moments after the first explosion.

The story about the warning has been offically denied i hear, anyone know anything more?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

as posted by andy1972
Do we have a case here again of the "prepared victim"..as with the bombers of 9/11.

For you and for some others, that may be the conspiracy angle of thought, but to me, objectively, it simply reinforces the fact that Once a terrorist, pretty much always a terrorist.

Hate is simply hate, no matter the length of internment or imprisonment and no matter the education that may be given.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Apparently, a source from within the Pentagon is quoted as saying to the press that one of the "London bombers" is a recently released Guantanamo prison inmate...

Is this really believable ?

No.

They don't even know if it was suicide bombers yet or exactly who was involved.

What is your source for this?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Okie Dokie....But the fact remains that IF this guy was a known member of a terrorist organisation and hence his holiday in Guantanamo (and the article is genuine) or had KNOWN terrorist connections, why is it that the PENTAGON says they have a suspect name and not the British intelligence services.

Are MI5 NOT in possession of a list of Guantanamo residents?
When he entered the country didnt the alarm bells ring with someone?

Why wasnt this guy under surveilance if the motto is once a terrorist always a terrorist especially with the current climate and state of alert?

Can we believe this article ?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

This is the link, its near the bottom of the page.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
As such, andy1972, mulitple of sourced examples can be found reinforcing the fact that some that do leave from their internments or imprisonments from Gitmo, have returned to their 'old habits'.
Released Detainees Rejoining The Fight
Some freed Guantanamo detainees return to battle
Fighter freed from Cuban camp seizes hostages

And more can be found and posted.

Here is the 'source', Gools:
Look for a heading labeled: "REPORT: One UK Bomber Was Recent GITMO Release"

seekerof

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Can we believe this article ?

Once again do you have a source for this story or are we to take your hearsay (or is it speculation?) as fact?

Even if there is an article I would say that there is a disctinct possibility that this rumour is circulating to take advantage of the London attacks to justify the policies at gitmo and counter the recent calls to close that facility.

edit: thanks for the link

[edit on 7/9/2005 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yes i agree SEEKEROF. that in some of the more "dedicated" terrorists, old habits die hard..some of these guys where started in the business at 12 and 13 years old by their fathers, its all theyve ever known, just like in Northern Ireland.

I remenber reading the history of the highest ranking informer within the IRA, he was passing information for more than 10 years, he was a member of SINN FIEN, but he was started in the profession of violence by his father at 14 years of age, but after hearing one of his comrades say at the death of a pregnant female soldier "good we got two bastards for the price of one " after a morter attack on a military base, his conscience got the better of him and he turned informant.

All he could remember was his mothers warning "no good will ever come of this".

He handed himself in and admitted to killing a handfull of peole and planting bombs, he was sentanced to nearly 800 years in jail..but with letters of recomendation from the Irish Special Branch and the QUEEN..he was released after 17 years.

My point is, arnt they watching the "career" terrorists, especialy the ones fresh out of jail.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A related like topic here:
London Attacker 'Home Grown'

andy1972:

My point is, arnt they watching the "career" terrorists, especialy the ones fresh out of jail.

Other than placing location ID tags on these people, I think what you mention quoted above may be a consideration that is determined on some, not all, of those released.

seekerof

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case. It's possible that they were being followed by British Intelligence and observed to get on that bus before it exploded.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i saw this, he said it the day of the attacks.
it could be a rumour so i was waiting to see if it would develop into a real story.

point is really, if its true, how did this pentagon guy know who was involved?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
AdamJ: Tracked or traced.
I have nothing to substantiate that, so consider it a plausible theory, versus the illusionary conspiracy angle that the US maliciously and purposely released the individual(s) simply to target an extremely close ALLY for a terrorist attack, killing nearly 40 odd people and injuring hundreds.

seekerof

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
here is another angle. What if this person never had anything to do with terrorisum and only real crime was being at the wrong place at the wrong time. But during his stay at Gitmo he was recruited by a terrorist orginization. And upon his release he was able to take his revenge on capitalist pigs

top topics

join