It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Defense System Test a Success!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In the spirit of ATS, I present the first evidence that the United States is covering up a secret known Comet impact with planet earth in the relativelynear future.

Today under the guise of science and discovery, the United States succesfully guided an impactor onto a Comet.

It is well known that the US tests its new classified guided weapons without warheads.

Earth is in peril of an impact with an undisclosed comet on an undisclosed date in the future but the U.S has began dry runs and testing of a way to deflect this super secret humanity ending comet.

Glad the weapon system checked out. I wonder if they will try to nuke a comet or asteroid next?

Comet impactor test

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I see no evidence of a coverup in that story, nor any evidence that the impactor was anything other than what NASA has claimed from day 1. The article you linked to is merely talking about the operation going off without a hitch, and is pretty much the same story that can be found on NASA's site.

On what grounds do you make your statement on regarding our impending impact? I don't claim to be well-versed in all the going ons of the universe, but I have yet to hear anything that could even be misinterpreted as a catastrophic event in the near future.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know, even though I scorn the remarks that this was an actual diversion tactic, I found it curious in the program I was just watching that in the pre-recored bit they were talking about how important it was to analyse the crater/debris/etc but in the post impact thing the scientist they talked to didn't seemed that bothered about the fact that they might not be able too due to the time constraint and flaring/etc.But seemed just happy that they hit it - fair enough it is an astonishing feat for us to have achieved, I wish more people actually appreciated it. Sadly eveyone at work was more interested in TV show 'Big Brother' and hadn't even heard about the mission let alone the fact it had succeeded.

Still, we'll never really know I guess. but it's all very exciting all the same!

join