It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Radar tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I came from a small town in Idaho with a population of about 800 people. Every now then then when i was younger we'd see some lights in the sky that normally weren't there. The nearest real airport was an hour away and with the position of my hometown we generally were never in the flightpath of high flying airlines. There was something very interesting thought is that there was an old AirForce Base there. It was on top of the butte that is there. I remember when i was younger my dad used to make up stories about there being a battle on the butte and that is why the radar tower was in such bad shape. I understand that during WWII alot of small towns across the country had radar towers installed in case of a bombing threat. Well one time my parents and my brother decided to see what was up there. We went up to the old tower (with was barely together) and walked around a bit. It looked alike a basic run of the mill radar tower but it also had an elevator shaft. I don't know how predominate elevators were in radar towers but i am pretty that they did go down very far excpet for a sub basement. I couldn't see the end of the shaft when i looked down in it. well my dad was worried that one of us might fall into a sink hole and we left the area. About a year after that me and my brother tried to go up there and a brand new barbed wire fence was installed there. The also was an Air force person that came out and asked what we were doing. Leter that year the was an unusual amount of white unmarked 18 wheeler that made runs up to the butte. I never really tried to find out why. From what I know now the tower was torn down adn they completely filled up whatever space was under the tower. My dad said there was also 50,000 gallons of diesel fuel that the people who bought it got. What the hell would a small tiny radar tower with one pickup do with that much fuel? Emergency generators? Possible. but that much fuel?

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well I looked up UFO's and Cottonwood Idaho (which is where i am from) and i found a few reports of UFO activity there. Here is one account of an operator having a UFO on his radar.I'm going to look up more info.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can't seem to find anything else about cottonwood. I have foudn a few about sightings encreasing in Idaho. Very interesting though is that INL is close by these sightings. Strange

-Aza

join