It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000 Year Old UFO Found in Grand Canyon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
According to reports filed by the scientific team, the spacecraft was lodged in limestone rubble at the base of the canyon not far from an area called Comanche Point.

fact or fiction ,anyone have more info on this.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

(use your indoor voice)

[edit on 6/26/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That's crazy. Any pictures of the find though?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i'm searching .It does sound crazy ,but you never know

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
How could they carbon date anything unless there were organic remains which i tend to doubt after the supposed 4000 years. this is a hoax

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah this stinks.

Source: UFO BBS ufo crash

So the source is a message board? Nice.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Uhh, yeah. I searched for the article, everything posting is either from a message board or a blog complaining abotu how stupid this is. It was from 2,000, by the way. I also don't like the look of the site.

It doesn't look good.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
BuilderSettingsHelpEspañol
Web ResultsPage 1 of 1,470 results containing 4000 year old ufo found in grand canyon (0.10 seconds)
Results
UFO Found in Grand Canyon of Arizona, 4,000 year old ancient alien ...
... Reseach Center of Burlington Wisconsin . Click here to go b ack to UFO Crashes. 4,000 YEAR OLD UFO FOUND IN GRAND CANYON! BY LISA MERAKIS Flagstaff, Ariz. - A team of experts called in to examine strange ...

www.burlingtonnews.net/grandcanyon2.html

this is all i found .to bad there's no other info

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Google "Dr. Leaumont". I don't think there is a real docter named that.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Interesting story unfortunately I also beleive that it does not hols any water.
Carbon dating is only performed on organic material and not "metalic like substances". Also the local american indian tribes would have had legends of such an historic event in their folk lore. This story does not correlate to any of the local folk lore.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
All the searches for Dr. Leaumont bring the same doc, sometimes translated into other languages (italian)...

Google search for Dr. Leaumont...

By the way, this picture of the Grand Canyon represents what could be aliens... Enjoy the slideshow, nice pics of the Grand Canyon...

This story should be interesting but it totally lacks backing documents, pictures, so on... All searches I did, brought nothing interesting at all...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
How could they carbon date anything unless there were organic remains which i tend to doubt after the supposed 4000 years. this is a hoax

Not to mention that carbon dating is based on the half life of carbon-14 from terrestrial origins. The carbon cycle in a life form that came from another planet/solar-system would likely not have the same carbon ratios as an earthly life form.

Wasn't this originally in a supermarket rag like National Enquirer/Sun/Star? Reminds me of the "UFO found in Iceberg" article.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
maybe they guessed that date viewing the strata in which it was found

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Although the story is unlikely, you can't rule it out. Maybe it was leaked by someone in the know. So much is being kept from us by the powers that be and maybe just because it isn't plastered all over the internet doesn't mean it's a hoax. I keep an open mind. With regards to the C-14 dating, we don't know that there weren't any carbon bearing objects. For all we know they may have recovered the remains of being from the craft. In is also not plausible to assume that carbon from an extra terrestrial source would necessarily be any different, since it is an element. Bear in mind that C-14 dating is accurate to around 50,000 years. There are other dating methods that reach back in time much further depending on the isotope.

I'm not saying the article is true but don't rule it out just because you can't find all of the related facts on Google. I'm sure there are many things that they don't want us to know about which never reach the Net. Nevermind the things that do.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
im interested in this story.i like how descriptive it is.The ship is made of an extremely light metallic fiber, Dr. Leaumont said.

It measurers about 50 feet across at its widest point and it is 102 feet long.

cool wall picture.looks like they burned pictures on the wall somehow.i think we should let the world see finds like this if they are to be realized we are not the only ones who walk on earth.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by flukemol]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
this is obviously a hoax as it would have been seen within a time of 4000 years and where would it have been taken without people noticing....or would they they, it seems possible.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by hill_billie_ben]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sorry but this was just recently found? You know how many tourist go to the grand canyon? Sorry but this just doesn't fly with me. Its one of the most visited spots in the world. Just last year they had 4,308,549 people visit. Sorry sounds like hoax to me.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think the website (www.burlingtonnews.net...) deserves a big LOL. The shows listed are absolutely one of a kind.

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait to hear how Orbs are actually a race of beings!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They are man. They come from the planet, BASEKETBALL! Take us to the Hole!!!!

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah, sounds a little sketchy. Any idea when this article was written? Any pic's?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
They are man. They come from the planet, BASEKETBALL! Take us to the Hole!!!!

-Aza

That is disinfo, Orbs are SPACEBALLS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join