It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just , What the Spin Doctor Ordered!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how quite its been on this board , after all the excitement over Prophet Yahweh died down?

This is a conspiracy forum , and as such I'd like to propose that this PY circus fits perfectly with the notion of making all of us on these boards , and Ufology in general , this much more the laughing stock than we previously were.

An orchestrated attempt if you will , to discredit us all , in face of credible evidence such as the release of Brazilian military documents, and other countries exhibiting open- ness on this subject of UFO's namely France , Belgium , and Mexico.

Also , weather you have cable , Satellite , or network television, you can't go a week , or in some cases a day without catching a T.V. show on UFO's.

And Smack in the middle of all this , we have the good Ol' Prophet Yahweh.

Smell's fishy to me .

Edit: What's the phrase " Delay , Distract, Destroy" , or a combination of that?

[edit on 25-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm right here with you all!

My first post on the "Prophet Yahweh Maybe Real UFO?? Footage. View now!!!" , was " I Feel so surreal right now!".

So what I say we've all been taken for a ride !

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

This is a conspiracy forum , and as such I'd like to propose that this PY circus fits perfectly with the notion of making all of us on these boards , and Ufology in general , this much more the laughing stock than we previously were.

An orchestrated attempt if you will , to discredit us all , in face of credible evidence such as the release of Brazilian military documents, and other countries exhibiting open- ness on this subject of UFO's namely France , Belgium , and Mexico.

I don't see why this would discredit ATS. Officially, ATS hasn't taken a stand on whether they believe the whole PY thing or not, so I don't see how it would make ATS look bad. We have our usual mix of believers and skeptics; which is a very good thing.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
PY was not a conspiracy aimed at distracting this board. I know... because I started the first PY thread.

1) I started the first PY thread under the assumption that he was a joke. I pointed out that he was going to be on a radio show that night and was almost saying, "Hey guys, let's step back and analyze the weird side-products of UFO interest."

2) Lan went the extra step and downloaded PY's videos. He was impressed by them and shared them with the community.

3) On their own, several members (including myself) became excited by the PY stuff because it was aired on a local TV news show and appeared to show a glowing sphere 'jumping' from point to point in the sky.

Overall, there was no conspiracy to dupe ATS (specifically, that is). There was just a situation where people were excited by a fresh UFO video... which, to be frank, is good. In other words... there's nothing wrong with getting excited by what you think is fresh evidence. Ignoring it is what's bad.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong I never said ATS is discredited , I said " Has anyone else noticed how quite its been on this board , after all the excitement over Prophet Yahweh died down?

And.."This is a conspiracy forum , and as such I'd like to propose that this PY circus fits perfectly with the notion of making all of us on these boards , and Ufology in general , this much more the laughing stock than we previously were."

[edit on 26-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't think the traffic on this board has anything to do with PY, unless his transparency as a fraud has just left people without anyone else to discuss for the time being.

[edit on 2005/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for that spacecraft he claims will come down. He's got til the 15th of july. I guess they decide when they want to come down then eh?He's got a nice bunch of freinds up there if they don't show.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well we need to get more credible stuff i mean that yahweh guy is a joke and i have proven that he is. We need good stuff people, but if i think it is a fake i will let you know that.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Think about this , all that has to be done , is you take a video , Real or Fake, and go in alter a few pixels , if its real , or looks real then you initially fool everyone ( even people who have seen the "Real" thing) , then let it simmer for as long as it takes for "someone " to show its been altered , then everyone " into " the "fake" is shown in the eye's of the "skeptical " public to be UFO " hopeful's" or shown to be in " need" of the " reality " of UFO's.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Overall, there was no conspiracy to dupe ATS (specifically, that is). There was just a situation where people were excited by a fresh UFO video... which, to be frank, is good. In other words... there's nothing wrong with getting excited by what you think is fresh evidence. Ignoring it is what's bad.

I'm not saying " our " ( Ufology's ) interests are " bad " ( Counter productive ) , I'm saying that , if "your" ( CIA , FBI, Air Force ) goal is to make " us " ( Ufology ) out to be " fools " ( overly willing to " take in anything " [ pay attention to Prophet Yahweh ] ) , no matter how " Crazy" , as long as it fits " our " ( Ufology's )own " Goals" ( to show the reality of UFO's) , then " you " ( the CIA , FBI, Air Force ) , could not have done a better " Job " ( Delay, Destract , Destroy ) yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I'm not saying " our " ( Ufology's ) interests are " bad " ( Counter productive ) , I'm saying that , if "your" ( CIA , FBI, Air Force ) goal is to make " us " ( Ufology ) out to be " fools " ( overly willing to " take in anything " [ pay attention to Prophet Yahweh ] ) , no matter how " Crazy" , as long as it fits " our " ( Ufology's )own " Goals" ( to show the reality of UFO's) , then " you " ( the CIA , FBI, Air Force ) , could not have done a better " Job " ( Delay, Destract , Destroy ) yourself.

LOL thats very specific LOL

i think someone mentioned the Profit said something that made them think he worked for the govt because it was govt lingo that only they used

the possibility of him-himself being either indirectly or directly aided by govt disinfo exists

the truth is Unknown but...the Profit could be one lol
but then agian nah....hes probably not .... govt is smarter than that

We Hope!! LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I get your point Shaman but I do not really see it as you suggest. We simply have to be open-minded it is a requirement it we are to learn anything. So PY caused a stir for a while, a big part of that was a critical look at what was being presented.

Frankly I am proud of ATS, the speed at which truth emerged was really astounding. To anyone who believed that PY was on to something, no matter if it was for a day or a month, do not be too hard on yourself.

This subject is m i n d - b e n d i n g, and we must always be willing to say 'that could be the truth' otherwise we will miss that which comes along and is real and authentic.

99% of what gets called Disinformation is not. 99% of all people who create Hoaxes do so for their own personal reasons. I say this with all conviction for a couple of reasons.

1) Every act of Disinfo carries a HUGE risk with it.
If you do it, they might catch you. Each act of Disinfo could potentially backfire and reveal what they wish to hide. This concept has been known for a very long time and the people running the show are the best and brightest even if misguided.

2) The Job is Done.
The majority of the US, and I would bet a good chunk of the rest of the globe believe that there is life elsewhere. A significant, and steadly growing let us not forget, number believe that beings from other Worlds have probably visited. BUT... the attitude that the whole subject of UFOs is only fit for a joke is set in place. Even those who believe in other life reject almost everything they see. The odds are we miss some real things.

So I submit that today 99% of what is out there that is not true and authentic is the work of a single person, or small group. The most frequent form of government Disinfo I have seen in the last 10 years is a little discrediting style op. Put out doubts, a lie or 3, about someone who has produced something real. Even people with significance can easily be brought now a few notches in effectiveness that way. For people without a documented trail of accomplishment it can demolish their credibility in the eyes of even the most open-minded.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
I get your point Shaman but I do not really see it as you suggest. We simply have to be open-minded it is a requirement it we are to learn anything. So PY caused a stir for a while, a big part of that was a critical look at what was being presented.

I agree.

This subject is m i n d - b e n d i n g, and we must always be willing to say 'that could be the truth' otherwise we will miss that which comes along and is real and authentic.

Yes.

So I submit that today 99% of what is out there that is not true and authentic is the work of a single person, or small group. The most frequent form of government Disinfo I have seen in the last 10 years is a little discrediting style op. Put out doubts, a lie or 3, about someone who has produced something real. Even people with significance can easily be brought now a few notches in effectiveness that way. For people without a documented trail of accomplishment it can demolish their credibility in the eyes of even the most open-minded.

A.T
(-)

But this, what are you saying?

What did you see?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Are you talking about an MJ12 type Op ? ...

Edit: Don't mis-understand me .. I'm talking about Ufology here.

Don't you think that an " Insider" is going to tell his superior, over a hot cup of Coffee, in January, " Yep. Brazil's going public on this.. time to call out the " Pasty"....i.e. Ramon Watkins A.K.A. The Prophet Yahweh .... ?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Don't you think that an " Insider" is going to tell his superior, over a hot cup of Coffee, in January, " Yep. Brazil's going public on this.. time to call out the " Pasty"....i.e. Ramon Watkins A.K.A. The Prophet Yahweh .... ?

Nope I think that makes little sense today, not necessary and far too risky. Those days are long past.

I am just saying that we offer the idea that the source for some event is Disinfo far too often. It has happened, could happen, but almost never does any more, the patterns are set in people's minds.

What I have seen is sort of a formalizing of the process, no one is ever allowed to escape some sort of denouncement. Nothing is ever clean and simple. This goes right hand in hand with the natural human tendency to look for flaws in anything. Even without any help at all there are plenty of people ready to jump on every photo, every witness, every book. Many serious looks at the subject of UFOs spend as much time speaking against certain concepts as they do promoting others.

The full commercialization of the topic has helped keep things confused. You cannot get a serious interview with a UFO story no matter how reasonable it really seems. But the more outlandish the better if you want a book deal.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A.T. ,

Are you seriously saying you don't expect to see now , what you know ( Reasonably assume ) has happened in the past?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I have always believed that PY was all bs from the start. I mean, look at the "evidence" from the start. Some pixels flying across a video screen? What more. There were definitely alot of hopeful people on this board who are willing to believe any possibility of a real "sign"

I agree with you, that in many ways it makes us (people in search of the truth) look a bit ridiculous, but I think this is due to the fact that some people are over anxious to have some sort of definite proof, a proof I believe will be a 100% clear cut case in the future. Not some random guy 'summoning' UFO's from the sky.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion
I have always believed that PY was all bs from the start. I mean, look at the "evidence" from the start. Some pixels flying across a video screen? What more. There were definitely alot of hopeful people on this board who are willing to believe any possibility of a real "sign"

I agree with you, that in many ways it makes us (people in search of the truth) look a bit ridiculous, but I think this is due to the fact that some people are over anxious to have some sort of definite proof, a proof I believe will be a 100% clear cut case in the future. Not some random guy 'summoning' UFO's from the sky.

Well said!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Are you seriously saying you don't expect to see now , what you know ( Reasonably assume ) has happened in the past?

Yes, it is in no way necessary and it is far too dangerous to do lightly. We are firmly fixed into a fairly slow progression towards a basic acceptance. That has to be the overall goal of the people with the secrets. Even the most dramatic of evidence would have a fraction of it's full impact. So except for some sort of big public landing, things will progress.

Secrets were held for reasons, those reasons are not a secret they have been articulated since the beginning.

It is romantic, exciting, to think in terms of direct Disinfo, 'they' are up to no good again, but I do not think it is actual fact, anymore.

Something like what you suggest could only happen in response to some event that really, and I mean really, started to convince large numbers of people (over months) of a particular concept. A concept based on facts that were recognized as facts by the official powers.

With everything that is out there, no one idea has gained central attention for a while. Doing the least necessary to maintain a Secret is common practice.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ok Sure I understand that , but what if it just was getting to hot for "them" , and they had to " Hit the Brakes " a little bit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join