It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish with legs and a horn caught in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

SEATTLE -- An 8-year-old girl hooked a fish with apparent legs and a horn growing out of its head, according to a Local 6 News report.

www.local6.com...

What?
I've never heard of this before!
Odd little creatures...
fishbase.sinica.edu.tw...

-B.

ID

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The horn seems kinda useless to me, wonder how that came about. Also its not really a "horn" per say it is more of a fleshy protrusion.

What an odd little piece of evolution.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
God musta been drunk that day....

That would explain so many animals.....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That fish is kinda ewwwwww

im glad my fish don't look like that

ID

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   

God musta been drunk that day....

That would explain so many animals.....

The platypus for one, that thing is one strange little duck beaver. Platypuses are the only mammals that make venom, which males squirt from spurs on their back legs when fending off other males during the mating season. They are also, as everyone knows, the only mammal that lays eggs. Like I said above strange sad little creature.

[Edited on 8-14-2003 by ID]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I can understand that some sewer rats are filth and full of disease, but a aquatic one?! God was definatly drunk, maybe it was a result of a hang over...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It doesnt surprise me. Ive seen some wierd critters roaming around the Emerald city.

i saw this big fury creature with a humped back, about the size of a medium sized dog, with grey strips, an anteater like head, and a long bush tail lumbering through one of the neighbors yards one night. I have no clue what it was, it wasnt a skunk, badger, way to friggin big ro be a racoon, and it moved wierd.
Didnt get a pic of it, i was out for an evening stroll when i saw it. Still looking on the web to see if I can find anything like it.

of course, with all the toxic crap they pump into the puget sound and lake union, its no surprise we keep catching mutant fish.

ID

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow Skadi_the_Evil_Elf I sure as hell am glad I don't live were ever the heck you live. Could this thing maybe have been a possum? They have anteater like heads and have gray fur as you described. It could also be a subspecies of possum, or some strange new breed of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe it's a result of current lab expeirments done undergroud then all of a sudden these critters excape,lol just a thought. Actually the weridest creature I ever known but haven't actually encounter are the snake head fish... which originated from China. These critters, once they're lose no telling what there'll gonna eat, I mean they will litterally eat any thing if you put it in a lake.
the thing never stops

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

ID

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Maybe it's a result of current lab expeirments done undergroud then all of a sudden these critters excape,lol just a thought.

Sounds a lot like the discussion we are having about El Chupacabra haha.

Yeah we had an infestation of snake head fish some were here in Virginia (or maybe it was Maryland) but unfortunately I was unable to see one of the little buggers. A very interesting species though.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID

Maybe it's a result of current lab expeirments done undergroud then all of a sudden these critters excape,lol just a thought.

Sounds a lot like the discussion we are having about El Chupacabra haha.

Yeah we had an infestation of snake head fish some were here in Virginia (or maybe it was Maryland) but unfortunately I was unable to see one of the little buggers. A very interesting species though.
Now you bring a interesting topic into play...the chupacabra, I forgot all bout it, man it's been awhile, I wonder what ever happen to it?

ID

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Now you bring a interesting topic into play...the chupacabra, I forgot all bout it, man it's been awhile, I wonder what ever happen to it?
We are discussing it in this board. You should swing on by and voice you opinion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really would like to get a timeline on it's attacks though. I have no idea when the latest one was. or when the first one was for that matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey! It's a dorkfish!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No, it wasnt no possum, cuz possums have tails liek rats. this one had a bushy tail, and well, if it was a possum, it was the biggest one Ive ever seen, it was like a mid sized dog, likle, the size of a pitbull. its mulbering walk, bushy tail, wierd grey and white strips. I tried to get closer to see what to see what it was, but it had gone behind the neigbors boat and i lost sight of it. It was wierd.

Seattle, though, here and elsewhere in the pacific northwest, is full of wierd creature sightings. i think this is one of the higest areas of bigfoot and sasquatch sightings too. lotta wierd critters up there in the mountains.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe a werewolf? Hey it's a possibility, the describtions are almost similar to those of a werewolf.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Cool, nice fish. Kinda similar to the goby and Lesser/Greater weaver fish, even has the poision spine too.

ID

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Maybe a werewolf? Hey it's a possibility, the describtions are almost similar to those of a werewolf.

If it were a werewolf I don't think that Skadi_the_Evil_Elf would still be in once piece. Let alone able to tell the rest of us about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellfireburns

I'm gonna go with a dorkfish over a were-fish.

(I's a dorkfish!)

If this thing weren't like 500 million years old, I'd seriously question it being a genetic manipulation gone horribly awry.
If anyone finds anything about a buck-toothed dolphin, please let me know.

-B.
(Don't know dorkfish? Find Bill Engvall's standup album by the same name)

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
They are also, as everyone knows, the only mammal that lays eggs.

*Cough*ekidna*Cough*

But anyway that is a strange fish...really strange

But here is a better picture...
oregonstate.edu...

ID

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm gonna go with a dorkfish over a were-fish.

No he was talking about the creature that Skadi_the_Evil_Elf saw not the fish.

O and yes curiosity I know about the ekidna I remembered that mear moments after I posted but I really did not feel like editing my post.

<<   2 >>

join