It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Mayor Defends Ex-Klansman, KKK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You know the tittle of the story makes me gag with anger, how in the world is people out there and on top of that ex political leaders that agree with the KKK in this time and age is beyond me.

Former Mayor of Mississippi Town Stands Up for Edgar Ray Killen, Calls KKK a 'Peaceful Organization'

I wonder how the victims of this group sense of justice feel about these words.

Justice for some families is never to late, even if is several decades later.

Sorry this the link

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 20-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ahh, I cam here thinking the mayor was defending Robert Byrd.

Any source to the article you're talking about, Marg?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Although I am not surprised the klan is still finding support I am that someone in politics is dumb enough to announce such support. Human beings, we can always count on each us for self destruction.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You know the tittle of the story makes me gag with anger, how in the world is people out there and on top of that ex political leaders that agree with the KKK in this time and age is beyond me.

Former Mayor of Mississippi Town Stands Up for Edgar Ray Killen, Calls KKK a 'Peaceful Organization'

Peaceful organization?

That's insane. Hate = peace? On what planet?

[edit on 6/20/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the Kluless Klown Klub still has a strong (if hidden) backing in many of the southern states. So as the old saying goes, politica make strange bedfellows. This idiot is just making sure he has enough votes for his next term.
Sickening

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Unfortunately, the Kluless Klown Klub still has a strong (if hidden) backing in many of the southern states. So as the old saying goes, politica make strange bedfellows. This idiot is just making sure he has enough votes for his next term.
Sickening

What a bunch of hicks.

One thing most folks don't realize is the KKK isn't just in the south. Racism is all over (especially out west in states like Idaho and Utah). You just don't hear about it as much.

I was disgusted to learn something about a neighbor of ours out in Washington (when I was a kid). My mom told me about this years later. She had gone to Jamaica a couple times, spent a good deal of time there and met a lot of good friends. One day when my mom was engaged to a guy from South Carolina (my first stepmonster), that nosey, A-hole neighbor told him that my mom went to Jamaica and was a Ni**er lover. That old fat phukk better be glad I dint hear that!!!
What a sorry lowlife piece of scum.
To our faces he was all nice and friendly. People can be so full of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ECK.
I was not try to say that it was a southern thing. I know that it is world over. The thing is that (at least in this case) this caveman's following is a stronghold of the Kluless Klub

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There's actually a very large KKK and neo-Nazi presance here in Chicago. Skokie, a near-suburb of Shy-town has the largest concentration of Jews outside of Jerusleam (may even have more) in the world, and it seems to attract racists like a magnet. You'll hear about klan (caps left out for a reason) rallies in the Skokie area along with skinhead marches through the city. My grandmother was threatened multiple times for being black -- she lives in Northbrook, which is just north of Skokie, and that place seems worse than Skokie for what would be considered "acceptable" racism (you know, hating those blacks, jews and mexicans (not in those terms, of course) is perfectly ok because they're less than the fantastic aryans who live out there, most of which don't have the blond hair or the blue eyes).

Heck, even Mr. Hat is a klan member!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You know is true the KKK is still around and going they will never die out.

funny that we have a say in Spanish that goes like this, "Y tu abuela donde esta"

It means " Where is your grandmother?"

This expression that came from a great writer and is part of our classic books on Spanish literature in Puertorrico, is a most read for college students.

Is a story of a family hiding their blacks roots that means the grandmother and making themselves to be white, is funny and very real.

If you see the US now we are a nation of diverse ethnic backgrounds, so I wonder how many people in US can say that they are pure, and that is nothing in their back grounds link to any other culture.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
ECK.
I was not try to say that it was a southern thing. I know that it is world over. The thing is that (at least in this case) this caveman's following is a stronghold of the Kluless Klub

I dint mean to give you that impression. We cool.

Them KKK fools in da south is inbred.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

If you see the US now we are a nation of diverse ethnic backgrounds, so I wonder how many people in US can say that they are pure, and that is nothing in their back grounds link to any other culture.

At this stage of the game, it'd be hard to find anyone who's not a mutt of some kind. Me, I'm English, French, Irish, Scotch and Dutch.

Before I was in the Army, I never knew there were Puerto Ricans as white as the Irish and as dark as subsaharan Africans. That blew my mind. But then, at the time - before I knew Puerto Ricans and studied History of Latin America in college, I never knew the ethnic origins. I was just a dopey white kid.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Is a story of a family hiding their blacks roots that means the grandmother and making themselves to be white, is funny and very real.

Darn right it's real. That's pretty much my family history. Two of my great uncles moved to California because they looked more mexican than black, and mexicans got a better shake out there than anywhere else. At the same time, my great grandfather and his father came to Chicago under the guise of very tan white folks, while my great great grandmother, who looked completely black, had to pretend, as did my great grandmother and his pappy, that they didn't know eachother, and didn't like eachother.

It's a really crazy story, and one that's fairly common.

One place that I don't think the KKK would have much of a chance in is Hawai'i. That place was awesome, no one really cared about race at all. There's a little islander prejudice, where if you don't know a code word, you get charged tourist prices at all the stores and everything, but no one cares about race. It was really cool to see so many mixed race couples (including my sister's) and no one caring about it.

Here in Chicago people...Well, I'm sure y'all have seen Springer or Oprah. I was talking to someone out in Hawai'i during my sister's wedding, and this guy was telling me that all through the mainland [US] racism was everywhere. The worst, he told me, was San Fransisco because it is very prevelant there, but unspoken. Yet, in Hawai'i, there is none.

A very cool place
If only the rest of the world could learn by their example.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
A very cool place
If only the rest of the world could learn by their example.

My coolest uncle: Keo, Japanese-Hawaiian. My aunt met him there as a young teacher and they married when I was just a baby. That guy's the coolest, most laid back dude in my family.

I also have a Mexican American uncle & cousins; and a filippino cousin-in-law.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The guy my sister married is part Japanese, part Hawaian, part black, part Dutch (I think, it was some unexpected European country that he mentioned) and, according to my mom, my sister, my grandmother, and all of my female cousins, an adonis, too.

As to his personality, everyone there was super laidback. I actually felt at home there in that regard (believe it or not, in reality I'm really laid back and non-confrontational). The only problem was Hawai'i time. We were going to a concert the day they got married (rather informal
) that started at 7. A cousin of mine and I were waiting in the hotel room for her to call and let us know she was on her way to pick us up for the concert. We waited and waited, I think I found Spaceballs or something funny on TV and stopped paying attention to the time. Finally, around 8:30, we get a call from my sister (she acclimated to Island Time really well). She tells us they're starting to get ready to go, were going to take some showers and get changed, then they'd pick us up.

I'm not a big reggae fan, so I didn't much care, but still, they didn't show up until 2 hours after the concert started, then we had about a 20 minute drive to get there. My cousin and I were thinking, cool, neither of us really wanted to go to the concert, but my sister really wanted us there, so we went. If we were too late and had to head back, bonus; we'd get the brownie points without having to endure the concert.

...The freakin' concert had started about 2 hours late. EVERYONE there lives by island time, and it's totally acceptable. I'm way too time oriented to be able to handle that. Speaking of which, it's almost 5! My day's almost over! Woop!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well as someone who has a caribbean soul, I should warn you JJ, if you're on island time, there is one word you must know: MANJANA!

Tomorrow!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How about "mahavo" for the unlikely occasion when someone actually shows up on time? (Hawaian for thank you, may not be spelled right)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I guess most people has a grandmama somewhere in the closet after all,

I have Spanish, Italian, caribean native "Tainos" and african when I married my husband I added the Irish to my children's mix pot of blood.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I guess most people has a grandmama somewhere in the closet after all,

I have Spanish, Italian, caribean native "Tainos" and african when I married my husband I added the Irish to my children's mix pot of blood.

Hey, don't knock it, I enjoyed being a mutt!

For some reason your sig is less hypnotic on this monitor -- can concentrate on words

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My littler dots are not dancing that is why,
They got tired.

You know I was watching on tv Mr.Edgar, and how he faces live in prison if convicted, but what kind of justice is that when the man is going to be living on a nursing home.

He is too old.

He spend his life free and I don't think he really cares about now in his last days where he is going.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Well as someone who has a caribbean soul, I should warn you JJ, if you're on island time, there is one word you must know: MANANA!

Tomorrow!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join