It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arming 'Us' Against ETs... is this the method?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok,
I normally hate threads that are purely speculative and ask vague questions that require little more than opinion to answer. Today, though, I'm going to break my own rules and start... a purely speculative thread. Why? Because I realized, today, how the government is probably preparing us for real ET contact (with either friendly, neutral, or hostile aliens).

Their method: 'Must have' products.

Ok, hear me out: IF there are ETs that can visit Earth and they either will 1) Reveal themselves to us one day or 2) Invade us we, as average, run of the mill people, will have to have some sort of personal defence against them. This is true even if they are 'good' and peace-oriented, as human beings WOULD NOT be able to sleep at night if they knew that any type of personally stronger beings existed (that is, people work under the motto of 'trust but verify'). Humans are simply used to being the alpha predator on this planet and the notion that they could be bested, on an individual level, by even a peaceful race would be too much to handle. Inorder to sleep, eat, marry, go about their business... they would have to be assured that, if something unforeseen happened, that they could always outgun an alien in a mano a mano situation.

And... if the aliens are malicious... it goes without saying that the public will need to know that they can protect themselves.

Ok, so if you're following my logic, so far, it's apparent that the truth about ETs cannot be disclosed until individuals would feel comfortable confronting them in an emergency (even if no personal combat is likely to happen). It's also apparent that 1) Conventional arms will probably be useless against aliens and 2) The government cannot suddenly, and without an excuse, arm the public with advanced hand weapons.

So what are they to do? Market advanced weapons to us (at least ones that can defend us against alien abilities) in run of the mill products. Think about it... if you had to arm the public with components that could be made into an EM weapon, wouldn't distributing such components through things like video games, computer accessories, and personal monitoring equipment be the cheapest and least noticeable way to do it?

So... if you're following my logic, here, let's look into equipment that might be 'comforting' if we learned that ETs with mind-altering and shock-resistant powers were out there:

1) Various computer and video devices make use of infrared emitters. Could these be boosted into 'heat rays'?
2) Microwave tech is used all over the place. Is there a way to rig these into a beam weapon?
3)Could radio tech be used to generate fields that interfere with ET tech?

But... let's be more mundane. Modern childrens toys come loaded with extraneous electronics. Even teddy bears and plastic bats come with chips and sensors in them now. We are, in a sense, a society with more sensor and beam-emitting equipment than we really need. If you were the government, and you needed to secretly arm your people with beam or stun weapons, wouldn't the cover of regular consumer products make sense?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Since this subject appears to be of extreme secrecy then sure, secretly arming the populace would be the method to go if you wanted to do such a thing. Though putting powerful arms in the hands of those you wish to control sounds to me opposite to how our governments approach issues of citizenry self-defense. When you have militaries with tanks, planes, missiles, bombs, nuclear weapons, and even secret weapons, allowing the population to use hand held arms seems a bit pale in comparison. Even if they would be more powerful than current arms, our governments allowing the possibility of civilian overthrow with weapons they supplied is something I doubt they would consider. Such weapons may be good for guerilla warfare, but I don't see incredibly intelligent ETs allowing themselves to be mired in such primitive tactics.

As technology progresses, close range combat appears to become an obsolete offense/defense strategy. I would think ETs would bombard earth from orbit or even further out if they decided to invade. What remains of humanity after such an attack would have to deal with a lack of resources in which to power anything. Including hand held weapons.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
its interesting speculation

it could be true; and the "weapons" that can be easily made from 'run of the mill products' may Not be fatal or danerous to humans

im thinking along the lines of "aliens have advanced technology and can block missles or bullets; but their shields arent calibrated to deflect granite or sawdust or whatever random object, which causes a chemical reaction and shortcircuits their systems leaving them sitting ducks"

you know one of those random 'hiccups' of the universe

hmmm alot of movies have an idea like this
like in Independance Day when they trick the aliens and upload a virus into their system *ya plot holes i know but its beside the point*

but then agian im sure its just wishful thinking lol

even if we Could 'beat the aliens in a battle' it would be
Near Earth , and that would leave their entire planet or planets safe to build and prepare
we are in a worse position because we do not have the luxery to invade them on their own turf

im just rambling now anyways lol

but remember
next time aliens come after you

just spray some RAID on them
or try liquid soap
and last but not least;
Baking SODA LOL

Baking Soda is probably the best of them all

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well Im gonna have to say that this is a little far fetched. Im not going to go as far as saying that products are made so that you can build weapons from them in the future... if thats what you are trying to imply.

I believe the aliens wont be afraid of any microwaves.

Unless they have pacemakers. And just think our entire defense could be ruined with all those "Microwave in Use" warning signs and posters !

Perhaps certain products could be made into weapons, I wont doubt you there. Things like CRT monitors have deadly power supplies even after being unplugged. Perhaps its a plausible theory, but very far fetched.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Heheh. This is speculation upon speculating whether or not the government would even want to arm their "citizens" to begin with. Maybe they're working with our invaders (thinking their getting some sort of bargain) and are counting on us not being able to fight back.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I cannot see governments working with aliens for any such reason. First off the very notion that they are already in contact is quite rediculous.

But what would they gain out of working with possibly malicious aliens?

Unless they are given safe travel off of planet earth after it is destroyed.

Back to the topic. What are some items that a majority of people have?

And the notion of "upgrading" brings some driving force to this theory. Such things as PC's, DVD's, Television sets, LCD etc, etc. Upgrade upgrade !

Alot of people own televisions, radios, microwaves and pc's. but then again many do not. Is there anything we are basically forced to own? Hmm not really. Perhaps ID. Thats not much of a weapon.

But there are items that almost everyone has.

Such as tylenol etc. Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm just hoping "Signs" is right, and all I need is a glass of water!

So what are they to do? Market advanced weapons to us (at least ones that can defend us against alien abilities) in run of the mill products. Think about it... if you had to arm the public with components that could be made into an EM weapon, wouldn't distributing such components through things like video games, computer accessories, and personal monitoring equipment be the cheapest and least noticeable way to do it?

It's an interesting theory, but I seriously doubt the government has THAT level of faith in the average citizen, that they'd be able to cobble together an EMP weapon from home electronics.

Hell, most of us would be hard-pressed to program our VCRs...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What if the government was tricked?

I.e. it started working with ET aliens who seemed OK at first, but then they realized that ET was up to no good but there wasn't much they could do about it then.

At that point, continuing to work with them while trying to figure out a possible line of defense for us, might be seen as the only feasible alternative.

What would be the alternative? Announce to the public, "Oh we had a treaty with ET but they turned out to be assholes and we'll we're really screwed now. Sorry about that. I'm off to my cave. Have a nice planet."

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
orgone neutralizes evil

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

orgone neutralizes evil

...And gets your whites whiter than white!

There are various devices avaiable for purchase that may fall into this threads realm at amazing 1.com. Crazy stuff there, and a little scary. They have a EMP generator they claim will fry satellites in orbit from the comfort of your own backyard!

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The point I was trying ti make was not that a realistic defense might be provided by weapons made out of pointing lasers or whatever... but that people will want to feel that they have some protection after disclosure/invasion, whatever. Even if the aliens are perfectly peaceful... most people will still like awake on the night of disclosure, shocked at the notion that, at any moment, an alien could walk into their house and take them.

So, my point is that people will need to feel like they can defeat an alien in one on one combat... if only for the sake of raw psychology. That being said, my point is that the gov would be inclined to circulate something that could be believable as a weapon into the populace.

And... IF the aliens are really deadly...
In that case the gov won't care about maintaining control because it'll know that it's command structure will be the first thing destroyed. It will, instead, probably opt to give common people a 'fighting chance' if there is a resistance.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm osrry but the idea that you could turn anything that emits IR, like a remote control... I mean come on! If you understand it you would know that the whole idea is, quite frankly, ridicolous.
Microwave radiation from a microwave is dangerous, and ripping the magnetron out and powering it up is indeed dangerous, but it's dangerous to anyone, not just 'aliens'.
I can see what your saying, but when you have a better understanding of how it all works you'll see it is a bit silly to be honest... I don't mean to be rude but it is.
I have a green laser pen which can just about pop a balloon with (and if you shine it at a tattoo or colour in a bit of your skin with some black pen to absorb the energy it stings a bit), using the green laser light itself, and if you took the crystal assembly out and just used the high power IR laser diode that fires it up then you could burn through plastic a bit.. and that's many many times more powerful than the capabilities of and IR diodes, sorry.
IF you stick a magnetron onto some sort of assembly involving a parabolic reflector, then you could concentrate a lot of the power into a point a certain distance away.. But so what? a shotgun would be much more effective.

No I'm sorry, but I'm goign to have to say that you are very very far out.. I suggest learnign about the tchnology more and you will understand it better.

They are not arming us against anyone, quite the opposite (don't get me started, refer to the ATSNN thread on fake guns if you really want to know)/

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
elohim vs reptilians?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
AgentSmith,

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying:

1)My main point is that people will need to think that they can use common equipment to fight aliens after a 'landing'. What I'm talking about is public perception, here. Remember how we were all supposed to give blood after 9-11 and seal our windows? The point isn't really whether or not you can build a death ray out of a furby, the point is that the gov will need to make people think they can fight off aliens with stuff they already own.

2)But... if the aliens were hostile... the gov would want to arm us ahead of time. The notion of laser pens and stuff was just a suggestion. For all I know industrial cleaning chemicals might be something that could really be used.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well your thoughts on protecting against the UFO reality is interesting.

I came across something a while back that infered the US Airforce was using a type of Electromagnetic Pulse which repelled certain UFOs and could even down the craft.

The limited outside theory being the wave length of a certain EMP signal can interfere with disk type 100' or less Diameter craft's directional control system at a certain range.

Dallas

top topics

join