It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Other" DC Metro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Living in DC and NVA, for years I"ve heard about a metro that runs from the Capitol, to the White House, to the Pentagon. Of course, this is purely anecdotal, but it seems like the perfect, most secure way for high-level officials to make their rounds. One almost never sees official motorcades running between those places. Anyone ever heard of this?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
There is also one from the pentegon. do a google search and there is alot of info on it.

Im from PG county, MD and I rarely see motorcades......really the only i time have seen them was when the president would go to Andrews AFB..other than that...very few times that I can recall.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yo, Sporty, I graduated from Suitland HS and went to PG Community College both before it moved to Landover and afterwards. I also taught at John Bayne Elementary School (I don't know if it's still there).

Where did you go to school?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Absolutely. Here is a website on it.

www.clouse.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Yo, Sporty, I graduated from Suitland HS and went to PG Community College both before it moved to Landover and afterwards. I also taught at John Bayne Elementary School (I don't know if it's still there).

Where did you go to school?

Off_The_Street, it's a small world huh!! JB school is still there and so is Suitland HS, that's where my sis graduated from. I graduated from Surrattsville HS...(Bottom 40 for SAT scores in MD....that's low)
I took a few classes through College park.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Woohoo Marylanders

I graduated from Suitland HS and went to PG Community College both before it moved to Landover and afterwards

If I'm not mistaken Suitland is still in Suitland and the community college is still in Largo.
Unless I missed something....

Great link Fusion

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I've been on the one's in the Capitol. When your a page you get to do all sorts of stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Living in DC and NVA, for years I"ve heard about a metro that runs from the Capitol, to the White House, to the Pentagon. Of course, this is purely anecdotal, but it seems like the perfect, most secure way for high-level officials to make their rounds. One almost never sees official motorcades running between those places. Anyone ever heard of this?

Yes.

There is also a parallel bus system that makes the rounds between the various government offices scattered around the DC area. Shuttles regular government employees around in unmarked 9 or 12 passenger vans (at least they were unmarked vans when I was there TDY about 15 years ago).

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've been on it a few times... It runs around to all the government buildings on a regular basis and is smaller than the metro in car size but much MUCH nicer and modern. It also connects to several bullet trains that run out west to the secondary government facilities like site C, R, and Camp David (i.e. Camp 3), maybe Mt. Weather too.

I heard the trains are now mag lev to so that you can move most of the government out of DC within 15-30 minutes (based on warning time of russian stirkes).

It amusing how much is normal to me and others who live in the area and have family in "the business" how much people see conspiracy in things.

Underground bases are NOTHING compared to the real fun stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
It amusing how much is normal to me and others who live in the area and have family in "the business" how much people see conspiracy in things.

Indeed

A perfect example of that is the Tanks in New York thread.

Is that healthy? Being paranoid all the time or thinking everything is a conspiricy?

It also connects to several bullet trains that run out west to the secondary government facilities like site C, R, and Camp David (i.e. Camp 3), maybe Mt. Weather too.

I want to ride one of those trains simply because I haven't ridden it yet.
I also want to know where else does everything under the White House lead too.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Indeed

A perfect example of that is the Tanks in New York thread.

Is that healthy? Being paranoid all the time or thinking everything is a conspiricy?

There are three general types of people into ATS... those too young to explore, those that explore, and those that sit at thier computers getting paranoid.

Growing up with nuclear war back up bases in the back yard, friends and family in the CIA, NSA, DoD, DoE, and all sorts of other 3-letter organizations makes it much more real and less scary...

When people say "THE CIA IS READING MY THOUGHTS!" it cracks me up, cause my brother tom is not reading his thoughts. (fictional example).

People build these fantacies about the government around themselves as if people in the government don't have lives. Most people in the government have kids, take vaccations, and vote like the rest of us...

Yes, there are conspiracies... but even the glimmer of truth i've seen on ATS are lost in a sea of silliness.

My favorite are the people who scream "WHY DON'T YOU CARE?" and the simple reason is because I understand why conspiracies exist and support them. Some are bad, some are good, in the end its how the world and people work, not something to run around screaming about and doing nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is really interesting stuff. I've never been to the DC area and had no idea that they had something like that. Although at the same time I couldn't imagine the members of the various parts of the US Senate and Capitol area having to drive everywhere and so on. I guess you learn something new everyday. And that map that was posted a little ways from the top shows it pretty well.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Growing up with nuclear war back up bases in the back yard, friends and family in the CIA, NSA, DoD, DoE, and all sorts of other 3-letter organizations makes it much more real and less scary...

When people say "THE CIA IS READING MY THOUGHTS!" it cracks me up, cause my brother tom is not reading his thoughts. (fictional example).

People build these fantacies about the government around themselves as if people in the government don't have lives. Most people in the government have kids, take vaccations, and vote like the rest of us...

You couldn't be more right!

As one who works for and has many friends and family in various government agencies (including various intelligence agencies), I absolutely love some of the threads that pop up on this site as it provides hours of entertainment from people who don't know better.

People fail to realize that vast majority of government employees have regular 9-5 jobs.
I don't know if anyone here has been to CIA headquarters lately, but most people who work there are....well.....nerds

People have this horrible misconception that the CIA is nothing but secret agents trying to take over the world or whatever. I want to laugh with these people as they talk about the CIA, but then I realize they're serious so I end up laughing at them.

Gov. employees also have their jobs through many different administrations. People, hopefully no one here on ATS, sometimes think that if you work for the gov, you support whoever the current administration is. Horribly wrong. The political makeup of any given agency is the same as it is anywhere else.

Yes, there are conspiracies... but even the glimmer of truth i've seen on ATS are lost in a sea of silliness.

Again, you couldn't be more right.
This is probably the most annoying thing that happens here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i live pretty close to camp david and i've seen airforce 1 fly over my home quite a few times and i mean only motorcade i've ever seen is when the president is goin to church and i've heard rumors of this from my step father tellin stories about his ex father in law bein an admiral..and i've heard quite a few stories about the pentagon havin about 20 floors and all that good stuff but yes there is an underground metro from whitehouse-capitol and so on

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weevolvedfrommonkies
i live pretty close to camp david and i've seen airforce 1 fly over my home quite a few times and i mean only motorcade i've ever seen is when the president is goin to church and i've heard rumors of this from my step father tellin stories about his ex father in law bein an admiral..and i've heard quite a few stories about the pentagon havin about 20 floors and all that good stuff but yes there is an underground metro from whitehouse-capitol and so on

Thats strange, because the President flys to Camp David aboard Marine One, not Air Force One. They dont usualy build a landing strip that will support a 747 in the middle of a national park, much less one in the mountains.

Nice try, please play again.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

Originally posted by weevolvedfrommonkies

Thats strange, because the President flys to Camp David aboard Marine One, not Air Force One. They dont usualy build a landing strip that will support a 747 in the middle of a national park, much less one in the mountains.

Nice try, please play again.

Oh huh ho, shut down.

Question: Who is it that runs/services the Senate Underground? Is it the private company shown on the link a few posts above, the Metro, or the government?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Question: Who is it that runs/services the Senate Underground? Is it the private company shown on the link a few posts above, the Metro, or the government?

Hopefully it's NOT The Metro. I like the service but hate the provider. They overcharge and they're 10 min late all the time. Anyways, I would'nt be surprised if it was the Metro. Probably is, IMO.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature

There is a cable rail system under the Capitol Hill. I rode on it once years ago on a high school field trip. But it's definitely not Metro.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Its run by some federal agency. Not sure which one, but its is NOT run by the public transportaion dept of DC.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Its run by some federal agency. Not sure which one, but its is NOT run by the public transportaion dept of DC.

Camp David is operated by the Navy. Why the Navy? Don't know. I am sure there is a story behind it.

I would suspect the GSA runs the subway, probably through a contractor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join