It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new UFO Footage, June 8 Phoenix

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Anything that looks this extraordinary with regards to UFO footage is going to look a little fake. Imagery that you don't see everyday, like hovering lights popping out of nowhere and falling from the sky only to hover and line up with other lights is never going to look very real to any of us I don't suspect.

The way I feel about this video is that its sort of like looking into a microscope and seeing that there are strange looking extremely small life forms moving about, yet as real as can be. I don't sense fakery, but if it is, its very well done.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Okay, so now that some of us think they may be real then the
next question is:

What are they?

From what we know so far. They are "balls of light". There are many,
many reports of balls of light but if we look at some of the more credible
reports on balls of light. Brazil for instance. Some witnesses experienced
light beams being shot at them. One color of light paralyzed you and then
a different beam of light (a different color) would burn you leaving two small
holes in the center of a larger round burn area.

They seem to target remote areas. Perhaps they were regrouping after
going on the evening hunt. Just before jumping back into space. I imagine
there are many remote areas outside Phoenix. The balls may use the city
lights at night as a landmark to regroup.

As far as what the balls are, if they indeed are real they are likely ETV ships
and/or probes. The light we see may just be energy surrounding the ship and
hiding the true shape. It would be very interesting to get spectrometric
measurements of the light to determine the type of energy being released.
For instance if you know the emission is Hydrogen Plasma emission verses
say tungsten bulbs then that tells you a lot.

The tape itself will tell you something about the light. The wavelengths
recorded will be limited by the CCD or CMOS device used by the camera.

Okay, so my analysis is that:

1. The video is real
2. It was ET dinner time

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's a bit I did this morning...

Shot still from frame towards the beginning of the event, and one towards the end.

Match up the mountain in each frame. There was no zoom in either of these, in other words they are not zoomed in frame one any more then frame 2 of this demo.

This is what you get:

The entire item is moving. I'd be really interested to see a wind direction from that night to apply to the location. I'd also be real interested in seeing a real time star chart too...have to wonder if the movement would match either.

I'm not saying theyre stars, no knickers in a bunch now...but it'd be interesting to see if they moved via the earth's rotation, or by wind.

Either way, it's moving.

Spectral analysis is NOT do-able on video tape. Astronomers would be in heaven if it were, but it's a commonly misconstrued process. I would encourage anyone to read "The Hack and the Quack", which ran incidentally in a Arizona newspaper, about *The* Pheonix Lights, and the so-called analysis of them.

Anyway, this is a really interesting piece of footage...I'm likin it so far.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
just wondering...if this was a home video..maybe it's just me, but wouldn't you start off by pointing the camera at yourself, state your name, the date, time & location, THEN point it at whatever you are filiming, as a way to prove the video is real?

To me this just seems an obvious thing to do.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
jritzmann. that is most definatly a great clip thanks for posting it,

I must say tho, very strange....

Looks like the object is moving in synch with the overlay title........why would that be?

I was thinking that it's possibly an after effect of the editing process?

maybe an effect caused by the zoom?

When looking at the original 12mb clip there doesn't seem to be any visible movement.....

[edit on 11-6-2005 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by quadricle
jritzmann. that is most definatly a great clip thanks for posting it,

I must say tho, very strange....

Looks like the object is moving in synch with the overlay title........why would that be?

I was thinking that it's possibly an after effect of the editing process?

maybe an effect caused by the zoom?

When looking at the original 12mb clip there doesn't seem to be any visible movement.....

[edit on 11-6-2005 by quadricle]

Just the effect of 2 separate frames some distance from eachother, and the object not in the same place on screen...thats all...it's nothing odd.

What is odd to me is the overall movement of the object from up left to lower right...is it falling...is it blowing...wtf?

Nonetheless interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just emailed the guy who took this footage and here's what he had to say:

"Well i cant prove its real because its already caught on video.
people have a right to believe what they want... and this is no different!

There are people making up lies about the footage saying it was taped at some earlier date and even people editing the images on it.

I just taped it and i can't fight a ufo war... but you have my personal word on the authenticity.
thats all i can do.

thanks"

I believe this is real footage, and great footage at that!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
He also just said:

"I was in avondale...not in the woods LOL right of mcdowell... and the objects made no noise.... also when they faded out they never returned and i didn't waste any tape recording nothing... it was almost 10:30 and i needed to go home and rest anyways.

Let me know if you need anything else"

*So what do you guys want me to ask him?*

[edit on 11-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Once more he says:

"I told the story on rense.com i seen the lights outside the car before i stopped to record them... i wasnt out looking for ufos i was going to wal-mart and i had my camcorder in the car because i was recording some scenery of the moutains for some of my family back in texas earlier in the evening.

i seen the lights outside the car window and i stopped the car and waited for a while and when they eventually came back i was ready to tape and i did just that.

The story was complex, it was just a simple case of being in the right place at the right time!"

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I live in North Phoenix and can unequivocally say there is some VERY STRANGE stuff going on here. Strange does not connote bad, only interesting and new.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
just wondering...if this was a home video..maybe it's just me, but wouldn't you start off by pointing the camera at yourself, state your name, the date, time & location, THEN point it at whatever you are filiming, as a way to prove the video is real?

To me this just seems an obvious thing to do.

If you saw these lights or UFOs in the sky, would you seriously stop and point the camera to you when there's these lights up in the sky moving around?
I know I wouldn't. I'd be more focused on filming the lights before they disappear.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Everytime new digital footage or stills ostensibly showing UFO's is released I cringe. I think without multiple witness testimony and video footage this 'evidence' is a curiosity at best and at worst a thorn in the side for serious UFO research. Digital film can be manipulated to produce virtually any artificial effect required - period. Therefore, without the corroborating evidence of multiple, independant witnesses and video footage (preferably non-digital), the most we can do is speculate. In my opinion, singular digital footage/stills doesn't add weight to solving the UFO issue. Even if such digital footage IS authentic, the limitations of its medium relegates it to a curio status.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plazma
Everytime new digital footage or stills ostensibly showing UFO's is released I cringe. I think without multiple witness testimony and video footage this 'evidence' is a curiosity at best and at worst a thorn in the side for serious UFO research. Digital film can be manipulated to produce virtually any artificial effect required - period. Therefore, without the corroborating evidence of multiple, independant witnesses and video footage (preferably non-digital), the most we can do is speculate. In my opinion, singular digital footage/stills doesn't add weight to solving the UFO issue. Even if such digital footage IS authentic, the limitations of its medium relegates it to a curio status.

There hasn't been much in the way of celluloid UFO imagery that has proven itself better in regards to veracity as of yet either.

The debunking crowd and people in general it seems will disregard just about all motion-based UFO evidence no matter its point of origin or the materials used. Which is why I stick mainly to the slim amount of government documented cases that exist.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Digital film can be manipulated to produce virtually any artificial effect required - period

Correct!, however to produce the effects in the above footage to that degree of autenticity of real recording artifacts, would be impossible
even at ILM studios with our current cgi tech.

you could get good results, but it would look fake and overprocessed to the trained eye.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
See story update for a response from Brian at ufotheatre.com in regard to debunking claims.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by quadricle
Update:

I finally manage to find some additional info corroborating this event, this was found on KTVX Channel 3 in Phoenix that originaly aired the clip:

i stand corrected!

el cid, phoenix local news (especially channel 3) is always airing topics like this. not all news is FOX news.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
In one of the deinterlaced still frames from the video. (linked to below)
you can make out faint shapes within the lights.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
by everybodies reactions, sounds like i cant miss this one. could anybody possibly link it in quicktime or realplayer? if so, that would be awsome. suprised 5 pages in and no proof of hoax. quite interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thats some amazing footage! It looks genuine, but im not exactly thrilled with the fact that they stay so perfectly aligned towards each other...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Truth-
Really there's no way to tell any shape within the lights, as the camera just cant see it. What that is youre seeing is a camera artifact, caused by the overexcitation of the CCD in the camera.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join