It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary 6months ahead, if u look at the last 6 (Volcano's Earthquakes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I came across this photo from a report on Mexico's volcano thats erupting.

This photo was taken "June 1, 2005"
Did you know that this is the largest volcano eruption ever to be recorded?
Remembering that seismic measuring equipment only came into the picture 20yrs ago.

Pretty scary when you think about it, with yellowstone only up the coast,
"During the month of May 2005, 90 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone region" - University of Utah

Then there's ST Helens

The lava dome has risen over 300 feet in the last two weeks - Oct 10 2004

And Lastly, the worlds LARGEST Supervolcano, lying on the fault line in Indonesia, where as late has been the victim of many earthquakes. Including the Boxing day Tsunami.
In April a professor expressed concerns that all the quakes will hasten the eruption of this volcano, 11 Days later it starting pumping out volcanic ASH which caused the evacuation of 26,000 people.

Ulawun Volcano on the Papua New Guinean island of New Britain erupted on Monday 6/6/05. The volcano exhaled ash and steam.

Fifty-four people have been injured in the strong 5.7 earthquake in eastern Turkey 7/6/05

hundreds left homeless in Lae, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea, following a major 6.0 earthquake 7/6/05

In the last 8 months, there has been a major change in the stability of the planet. With the hurricane/Tornado season due in America, Australia Experiencing extreme drought in the centre, yet as of late serious storm activity on its fringes, the typhoons being shot at Japan, and the flooding of China,

Sounds doomsdayish doesnt.

Thats why again illl post this picture,

when prophets predicted the end of man, the destruction,
isnt this a picture that would resemble ' doomsday ' if you were back then?

[edit on 8-6-2005 by GlobalDisorder]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've noticed that when St. Helens is ready to blow, we have earthquakes all over the US in odd sorts of places - like back east, and Arkansas. I suspect if we have any big ones here, we'll get that kind of thing as a precurser, so we'll know it's coming.

WRT Indonesia, it could as easily be Krakatau that's getting ready to blow since it's been restless lately. Seems that's the largest ever to go in recorded history. Of course, the scary scenario would be for ALL the Indonesian volcanos to go at once, including Toba. Kind of like how scary it would be for a volcano like the lava fields in Russia to suddenly appear in the middle of town. The earth opens up, and lava just flows and flows and flows for a millenia.

IMO, there's some kind of weird inter-relation between global volcanos, earthquakes, eruptions and the like, but no one really understands it yet. In the meantime, anyone's best guess is as good a prediction as any.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes I believe is some major changes coming soon to our planet, I don't called doomsday or end of times or even the coming of the Christ, but as usual our planet goes through cycles and is due for a major one.

We have been lucky to be for all this thousands of years on a very pleasant quiet time.

It will not be like tomorrow but it will definitely escalate for a few more years.

I may be wrong occurs.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
I've noticed that when St. Helens is ready to blow, we have earthquakes all over the US in odd sorts of places - like back east, and Arkansas. I suspect if we have any big ones here, we'll get that kind of thing as a precurser, so we'll know it's coming.

WRT Indonesia, it could as easily be Krakatau that's getting ready to blow since it's been restless lately. Seems that's the largest ever to go in recorded history. Of course, the scary scenario would be for ALL the Indonesian volcanos to go at once, including Toba. Kind of like how scary it would be for a volcano like the lava fields in Russia to suddenly appear in the middle of town. The earth opens up, and lava just flows and flows and flows for a millenia.

IMO, there's some kind of weird inter-relation between global volcanos, earthquakes, eruptions and the like, but no one really understands it yet. In the meantime, anyone's best guess is as good a prediction as any.

If you remember, this recent calamity all started when the largest ever recorded Solar Flare passed "Through" the earth.

It is my theory, that when this Solar Flare passed over the earth it had an effect on the core of the earth, possibly heating it. This caused the core of the earth to expand, and there for create rifts between the tectonic plates. These open rifts allow lava to flow to magma chambers, once the chambers are full ... any earthquake will release the pressure and pardon the pun, but all hell will break loose!

the expantion of the core also explains why the plates started moving more quickly, because the expantion causes opening, where the plates can slide. They have "breathing room".

but, thats just my theory...i am not a scientist.

Good Luck if 1 supervolcano goes off in your lifetime. If 2 go off together ... then we are all screwed!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just what we need - more reasons to die!

First it's bird flu, then it's Yellowstone, then it's total global volcanic armageddon ...

It's getting to the point that I can't keep all the disasters straight and the only thing that's certain is we're all going to die! LOL.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Its all ok People!
I created a supervolcanoe PROOF room under my basement..
Holds roughly 400 people for 12months.

costs $2500 per mouth,
inspections arent allowed, only on the day arrivals will be accepted.
Full payment must be made before december this year!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'll wait until the economy goes bust and makes my 2 cents worth $2500.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'd have to do some searching to get this right, but apparently either Uranus, Pluto, or Neptune in their weird elongated orbit, is at its closest to earth this year, and this is causing gravitational stress on the equator of earth, it will move back to its most distant space from us in 2012.

Yup its URANUS!

This heavenly Hoover is literally sucking the Earth's tectonic plates out of their beddings, according to Bild, Europe's largest daily newspaper with more than five million readers.

This magnetic pull is strongest along the Earth's equator because the tropics are marginally closer to Uranus than the poles are.

The magnetic forces "are strong enough at the equator to suck up electrically charged dust particles" which could, in turn, disturb the Earth's crust and spawn killer sea quakes and resulting tidal waves.

from wikipedia:

In Greek mythology, Ouranos is the ancient deity of the heavens, the earliest supreme god. Uranus is the Latin name of Ouranos.

So I guess there is something to all this "god returns apacolypt-o-mania" after all.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If I was an ancient prophet, viewing that sight..I would have thought doomsday.

What else can you think, seeing a sight like that, when all you know of the world is what you see?

Before science, an image like that would have terrified mankind. Most of them would be running, screaming in terror. It would be a self fulfilling prophecy, no?

Science makes us less afraid, which is a good thing. Science helps us better understand the actual consequences, helps us calculate the odds better. It also helps in coming to terms with death. The brain flushes itself with chemicals upon death, a feeling unmatched by any felt in life. The last moment of life that we all share, is unparalleled bliss. So let's not get so worked up about death.

That's the kind of clarity science brings. I don't understand any one area of science enough to speak as an authority, but I can say, as a scientifically inclined modern prophet, that the earth probably will not dispose of us in a day. So get a good sleep and re-calculate the odds tommorow.

This post may not seem serious, but I am being completely serious. The title of this thread is "Scary six months ahead.." I just don't think there is any reason to be scared. It's good to find out all we can and protect ourselves though.

I suggest moving somewhere that's not tectonically active, somewhere that would have adequate wildlife and fresh water in the case of various global disasters. Obviously nobody can predict where a meteor will strike, but the likely fallout zones for supervolcanoes and major quakes are fairly well documented. Consider coastal flooding, severe weather changes, migration patterns for survivors.

For example, I hear Arizona bay is nice this time of year circa 2012.

Just let's not panic, let's do what we have to do in order to insure our mutual survival.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

For example, I hear Arizona bay is nice this time of year circa 2012.

Just let's not panic, let's do what we have to do in order to insure our mutual survival.

I tell you what I agree with you taking the bible predictions to the side and the prophecies of end of time.

I think our planet is going to have a momentum about that year you just mention.

I am also glad that we are more educated this days on how our planet behave, is not surprises and not divine intervention just our ever changing earth doing her thing.

We are after all just one of the many speices in this planet, we just think ourselves special.

join