It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm confused about this ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There's something I just don't get. Install your rant filters to read this post, but here's what's confusing me.

I ran into this hispanic guy in the laundry room of my apartment complex. He told me to my face that he wanted to be a terrist and help Zarquawi assassinate President Bush so they could overthrow the US Government and create Aztlan. I was totally blown away and said things to him that don't bear repeating.

Since then, I've researched this Aztlan thing. There are people out there who are recruiting to create Aztlan (MEChA being one), web sites are all over the internet, I personally have talked face to face to someone seriously advocating this, they openly state their support for Al Qaeda and a willingness to use any means (including violence) to create Aztlan - so why is nothing being done?

The FBI said the DHS had to handle it because it was illegal for them to get involved. I reported it to the DHS and have talked to the Secret Service.

But, when I talk to my fellow Americans, they don't seem to care. When I talk to my elected officials, they don't seem to care. The Secret Service thought I was a racist for reporting it until I explained why I was reporting it. The DHS took my report and that was it.

I don't get it. According to Mirriam-Webster, the definition of treason is:

"1 : the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY
2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family"

If I were out recruiting to overthrow the government, I would be locked up. Why am I supposed to look the other way when other people do it?

Why can they do it and get away with it? Why doesn't anyone want to stop them? I don't get it.

join