It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Police stop and Tasering incident.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This video show a waman being tasered for not hanging up her mobile, I guess she was on it when she was pulled over or something, he did warn her several times to do as he said and she refused, but still I'm sure that using a Taser was maybe going a bit too far.

The way that he did it again because she wouldn't put her hands behind her back, straight after the first time (when she probably could not as she had just been stunned) seemed especially cruel.

Is this the way things are going, where iff we do not comply to the slightest request when told we will be inflicted with this much pain?

www.palmbeachpost.com...

[edit on 5-6-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Saying that, watching it again, she was paricularly unco-operative and I guess he did give her more than enough warning.

He says at the end she swung at the other guy, and going through it again, when he was trying to get i the other door right before he tasered her, she may have it out at the other one, and she pushed off the first one before he pulled the gun out..

So they may not have erally reacted that badly, on reflection and thinking how I would handle the situation she didn't leave them that much choice.

Also on the actual webpage, it has a better explanation of the situation, and about mid-way you can click on the other different options they would have had to deal with the situation, and it plays an audio clip of him explaining why they didn't chose each respective option.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well...

I'm a little torn about this video.

It does appear that the woman was hurt for failing to comply. The officer seemed to be following his training.

And this might be completely innapropriate, but I kinda thought the woman was faking after a while. It obviously hurt a lot initially, and it obviously hurt a lot the second time, but she just kept on wailing, for minutes...

I thought maybe this was an attempt to help her case in civil court.

Just an observation, might be completely off base, and if it is, apologies to the woman in question. However, I gotta say, it sounded about as fake as fake can be after she calmed down. Anyway, add this case to the list of taser incidents..long list...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not another Taser problem again... could the police stop Tasering people unless threaten...

JAK

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Man, didn't she whine!

This could all have been avioded if she had hung up the mobile phone and got out of the car as requested. She should have done what was asked. She definately overplayed the wailing, it was pathetic. If you play Johnny-hard-bollox (I'm not hanging up, I do what I please) you get what you get, she has nothing to complain about.

The possibilities of playing it with the police are obviously a lot worse so here's an idea - don't behave like a bloody idiot.

I do actually think they were a bit quick with their decision, but perhaps next time she'll realise that she's a citizen, just like every other citizen, and we all have to obey laws. I am bored to tears with this 'I do what I want' attitude which is closely followed by, as she wailed in the footage, 'I'm suing your arse.

Grow the * up and take some responsibility for your actions.

Jak

top topics

join