It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the link between increased use of oil and earthquakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I was thinking, that if we're pumping vast ammounts of fossil fuels out of the earths crust does this leave great chasm's behind? and if so, are they substantial enough to effect the earth's plates thus giving rise to increased tectonic activity? is there a connection?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No because as they pump stuff out they are putting stuff back in to get at all the little resevoirs in all the Nooks and Crannies. Ground Water depletion could cause well not earthquakes but it can cause the ground to sink and in certain places it already has.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
how do you know that then?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe public
how do you know that then?

Because that is how they tap a reserve when it's depleted beyond a certain point. I forget where I learnt that but it was from someone who works in the Biz. I'm sure there is someone much more knowledgable then I on thses boards and I stick by my assertion that Groundwater Depletion is a much more pressing issue the Oil Depletion. Infact I'm cheering on the Depletion of Oil as it will eventually give us an Incentive to move onto better and cleaner sources of fuel in the future.

Peak Oil anyone
We are close, very close to that event.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
JP,
Have you seen any oil field? North West of where I live, there are miles upon miles of dead land due to the fact that oil riggers use(d)(s) brine to pump into the oil resevoir to force the oil out of the ground.
They may use other woter / fluids in other areas, but I cannot confirm that.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
cheers guys but is that all we know? maybe im too eager for a real connection.

top topics

join