It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's are good for business.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
www.sun-sentinel.com...

Colorado land owner cashes in on the UFO crowd

Associated Press
Posted August 6 2003, 11:15 AM EDT

HOOPER, Colo. -- Judy Messoline got tired of waking up with strangers, if not aliens, in her yard.

So four years ago she asked the Saguache County commissioners to allow her to build a UFO watchtower and campground so she cash in on people who were already using her land to camp as they tried to spot aliens.

The San Luis Valley has long been considered a fertile ground for such searches, especially after claims of alien abductions, UFO landings and a wave of cattle mutilations.

Since opening the UFO Watchtower in May 2000, Messoline has become a local celebrity. Last year she decided to hold a UFO conference and this year she has added a rock garden celebrating three vortexes that several psychics say are in her front yard.

The conference is going to be held Saturday and Aug. 10.

Speakers will include a woman who claims she was taken aboard a UFO, and a video of what is described as UFO will be shown.

The conference also includes the ``Watch'' for the unexplained, Messoline said.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here's her website.
UFO Watchtower
The music's kinda annoying.

Last year's 'convention' was kind of a bust, I planned on going because Stanton Friedman and some other high figures in the UFO field were going to be there. But something went wrong and they cancelled it. The problem is that they didn't post it on the website that they were still going to have a smaller convention, so I missed it. It's too bad, cause they had some people that were involved in the recent Roswell dig on SciFi.

For all the ATS members in the area, she's having another event in August. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with it because I would really like to check it out.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
sorry, just caught my eye as odd, said 0 replies but dclark replied very weird.

Anyways I'll check out those links. sorry for the OTness

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I noticed that too. Have all of you been keeping up on the Roswell case? These days I don't know what to think of it all.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think the reason that it didn't show my reply as a reply is because I technically don't exist.

Hopefully SciFi does an update on the Roswell situation sometime soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
hmm I wonder what went wrong..

Im not sure what a "grouping" of ufooligest could do

we "ufo people" should make or have a ONE main website to gather all of the evidence and try to piece together this mystery

Im dont think having all theys diffrent groups make this subject look good, but then again having 1 main website some people will call it a colt -rant off blahblahblah

join