It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and the Relativity of Time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Several Scriptures suggest that the way men perceive time upon the earth may not be the way time really is throughout the universe. It is said that past presant and future are continualy before the Lord, and time is relative to the planet upon which one resides. Acording to Einstein space, gravity, speed, motion and time are interelated (theory of relativity) thus reference to time will vary relative to your position in space. Einstein also showed that if a body moves at speeds comparable to the speed of light that the bodies time slows down in relation to the time of the body that is on earth, and for the body in motion time contracts or shrinks. IE) time and space are inter-related. (Space - Time continuum) THUS if a being achieved this speed of light, to that being all space would contract to the point of "here" for him, and all time would slow down for him until it becomes "now".Descriptions of God use terms related to light to describe his nature. He is a being of light and glory. The theory of relativity suggests that for a being of light, all space and time would be present!!!
What do you think ?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Linx you should read the Tao of physics by Frizof Capra you would probably find it interesting as far as your conclusions on the present I have no real arguments.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Time is both the past present and future. The mathmatical definition of time is -0 1 0+. The problem we have is that negative zero and positive zero are not real numbers. Ergo time is not real. Your mind creates time to discribe to you what is going on around you. The induvidual is always in the same place. At the centere of awarness there is only the present.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think this topic and past thread would work well with this subject....
I would certainly hope all would take the time to look through it. Covers some "aspects" fo God...:

"What is Time Really?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

top topics

join