It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know what this sat pic is of: dugway area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
this is just wierd... the whole landscape is wierd, but this is very wierd...

it looks like a big round bunker, with roads or trails going to it from all directions... and they don't go anywhere.... and I followed all the roads i could find, and only a few seem to continue onto construction roads...
dugway area round thingy

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Looks like the landscape of Mars or the Moon. VERY weird indeed.

There ARE areas of landscape in Utah that do look like this, without the ROADS of course. Utah has so many varied types of desert.
I am in Utah and have been to Dugway,(to shop at the military stores) but THIS is something I have never been near......I have NO CLUE 'what' it could possibly be

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just curious, not familiar with the area and I can't really tell very well from the google pics, but how far away is the nearest populated area? How far is that finding from the actual base itself?

jra

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No idea what that could be. Could be something related to the military and for training, who knows. I was looking around the area and there's something interesting further north. What's this?! maps.google.com...,-112.623253&spn=0.206680,0.297318&t=k&hl=en i'm going to guess it has to do with salt harvesting or something like that? Just looks interesting.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
yeah... My guess would be salt mining...
or alien enzyme landfill extractions?

the funny thing is after roaming the area, I still can't find the base...

regarding the round thingy:
the round "bunker" is in the frikin middle of nowhere... there doesn't even seem to be a farm for miles...

I am thinking those straight trails that are streaking off in all directions are actually tail wash from the alien elevator that brings the ships to the surface...

I actually have no idea... hence the question... I hope someone has a clue...I would hate to have to drive the 1000 miles just to find an old abandoned cow feeder or something...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It looks like some kind of underground facility and maybe 2 ponds of water.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well sense no one really did any searching on this, and I am a little rusty I decided to do a little research on Dugway. I have read about Dugway and UFO's before sense Utah has always been a sighting capitol.

I first did a legitimate search and found that there are bases in Dugway which includes

Hill Air Force Base - south of Ogden

Dugway Proving Ground

Tooele Army Depot - Tooele

www.military-hotels.com...

And naturally being a Underground Military Facility investigator, I immediatly did a small search for dug way afterwards.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

in a list they provide us with this base

1. Dugway, Utah
Function: Chemical Storage, Radiation storage.

UTAH, DUGWAY - Reported underground connection to the Sub-Global network, and also reports of automatons and reptilian humanoids operating under holographic human disguises, who have been seen to transform temporarily to their alien state, according to a hair stylist and a worker at an auto shop in the town of Dugway who both witnesses such temporary transformations. source: confidential

A long-term project to dig up all available information on Dugway Proving Ground. DPG is a fairly secret facility located in the west desert of Utah. Its official mission is to evaluate, test, and develop biological and chemical agents for the US Army. UFOlogists have hinted that the base's secret status, underground facilities, and low profile make it the perfect place for sequestering of "alien artifacts" and other items of extraterrestrial origin. This claim is nearly impossible to verify given the secret nature of the installation and the dearth of publicly available information on the facility.

The facility includes Michaels Air Force Base, an emergency landing facility for the space shuttle. This facility was to have been a test landing location for the X-33 advanced spacecraft. However that program was over budget, over schedule and eventually killed.

More about proving grounds here www.xmission.com...

Map Of The Proving Ground
tiger.census.gov...

Publications
www.xmission.com...

U.S. Military Conducted Open-air Biowarfare Experiments
A December 8, 1994 staff report prepared for the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs included a description of the U.S. military's open-air experiments with hazardous chemical and biological agents.

From 1951 to 1969, the U.S. military conducted hundreds or perhaps thousands of such tests at Dugway Proving Ground near Salt Lake City, Utah. In one case, Venezuelan equine encephalomyelitis (VEE) was found in the nearby animal population. In 1968, over six thousand sheep died following the release of a nerve gas from an airplane. The Department of Defense initially blamed the deaths on pesticide use, but after autopsies found a nerve agent, the Department reimbursed the ranchers whose sheep were poisoned.

U.S. ARMY QUIETLY RESUMES BIOWARFARE TESTING
AFTER 10-YEAR HIATUS

www.xmission.com...

Home Page For The Dug Way Base (dont Be Surprised If you are denied access)
www.dugway.army.mil...

A sign Near The Base
www.xmission.com...

"are members of a metaphysical lodge with connections to the deep initiatory levels of Mormonism, Masonry, the Mt. Shasta/Agharti network"

www.aliendave.com...

Must Read
www.wired.com...

www.angelfire.com...

DugWay News
www.topix.net...

Other Underground Bases In Utah
www.fortunecity.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You missed like the bible on this place, but yeah seems like a bad choice for a vacation spot.
home.comcast.net...
If you want some free cancer, now you know where to go!

Edit: Didn't wanna double post, I tried to go to the Dugway site, and this happened:

[edit on 3-6-2005 by TheOtaku]

[edit on 3-6-2005 by TheOtaku]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well, I know this may sound stupid, but that looks like a watering hole. All those trails are from animals comming in to drink at the water holding area. Water in the desert is a rare, and animals will travel many miles to get to it. The deserts of the western US have thousands of man made wells all over, even in areas were you would least expect them.

At least that is what it looks like to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It sure looks like somekind of a military base... but why the roads... To get "uninvated" guests to stay out... Well, I don't know...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's a closer shot of the original question:

personalpages.tds.net...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder how pissed off the DOD is at the fact that anyone can view satellite pictures of their most sensitive areas when ever they want via google? I bet they're going to put an end to it very soon IMO.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
After a few minutes researching open pit mines in Utah. The picture looks the pictures taken of the Bingham Copper Pit. It is the second largest copper mine in the world.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There's another one just south of this missile. Maybe a siloh?

38°13'36.38"N, 112°17'56.59"W Google Maps
edit on 9-2-2011 by inomztietuseoe because: broken link

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I laugh every time I see someone mention the list of Underground Bases at Anomalies Unlimited since I'm pretty sure most have been debunked here on the Forums. Fun site to look at but far from credible.

Mining was the first thing that came to my mind as well. The buildings if thats what they are ? don't look very large and since there is only a few I would rule out military. The military never seems to hide anything well or if its a highly trafficked area they just hide in plain sight since the Public has no idea whats going on under their noses to begin with.

After looking at it again I'm thinking it could be someones house or maybe a derelict Ranch of some sort from long ago. That would easily explain the man made Pond out back.

But you never know

edit on 9-2-2011 by Candycab because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by Candycab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hanzerik already solved this mystery. It is a watering hole for cattle. The animal trails are clearly visible in the picture. One of the structures may be a windmill.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Hanzerik already solved this mystery. It is a watering hole for cattle. The animal trails are clearly visible in the picture. One of the structures may be a windmill.

I love it. If it's not cattle watering holes, it's those "mysterious green circles", which are obviously crops with an irrigator that goes in a huge circle

People should take "drives in the country" once in a while...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTheLong

It is most likely a "stock tank". That's just another word for watering hole. The trails are from cattle who tend to stay on paths they are familiar with. That's why the trails are more defined the closer you get. The structure there is most likely some sort of windmill or pump-house. That's just my observation based on my experience with cattle and their habits and what our stock tanks look like.

Edit to clarify: Dried up or abandoned stock tank most likely.
edit on 11-2-2011 by wirefly because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: Okay so I started this reply and got tied up and by the time I finished it I see that the point has already been made. Sorry. DOH!
edit on 11-2-2011 by wirefly because: To add

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I wonder how pissed off the DOD is at the fact that anyone can view satellite pictures of their most sensitive areas when ever they want via google? I bet they're going to put an end to it very soon IMO.

You don't get to see anything they don't want you to see. I know of a place DOD owns and the Google Earth images are from the early 90's. You can't see what's there now.

That place is likely where they pump things underground to get rid of them. We're a toxic nation thanks to DOD.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Beat me to it but yeah it looks like a watering hole maybe a spring manmade or whatever

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join