It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marsian Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I recently read this in the "Sunday Times Magazine". It seems that the rock everyone thinks looks like a face appears to be a "worn geological formation" when magnified. Or maybe it was a face originally but has just been eroded away?.................

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What's weird is it rises so suddenly out of the ground...I'd like to still believe it's a face though...it's a nice story.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Face on mars... heard that from Richard Hoagland. He's the guy defending it. He claims that NASA nuked it and that's why it didn't look the same as the old photos.

Richard Hoagland Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If it was a face, the proportions are all wrong, all of the parts of the face are scrunched up in the middle, and the eyes are too far up the forehead. It looks like a mesa to me.

[edit on 5/15/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This face is a product of Richard Hoaglands imagination. It may be a message from our Marsian cousins, but it seems like its just a neat arrangement of shadows and shapes.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why would NASA want to nuke the face? Haven't they put lots of money into finding out if there was life on Mars?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If your interested, there is allready an ATS thread here on the Martian 'face'. And Hoagland's not the only guy talking about this, and certainley is more than just a figment of his imagination(artificial or not). Read the thread for some good links and photos.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Rren]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
As others have stated, there's this thread here: Face on Mars.

Lockin' it up.

top topics

join