It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and sexual boundaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Do you think there should be boundaries to attraction and lust - if so what are they, and do you think that they should be ethical guidlines set by religion, or something learned through experience.

Personally, i have my own guidelines/boundaries when it comes to sex:
1)Honesty - i think you have to be honest about all issues.
2)To never involve someone who does not want to be involved.
3)safe sex - goes without saying, or atleast should...
4)respect
5)fantasy fulfilment
6) responsibility

I dont feel that homosexual relationships should be treated differently to heterosexual ones. I also think that we should respect the fact that although a certain type of relationship works for you it does not mean that all relationships should be as such, no matter how difficult it is to see from others perspectives. I think people should embrace sex as something both animal and spiritual. I think lust (as well as love) is irrational, we all find beauty in different things, and different people, there shouldnt be boundaries put up against our feelings.
What do you think ?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
and they all consent, then I say "game on!" That's really about the only boundaries I think there should be...

Personally, I draw the line at just with willing females, but that's just me...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Safe sex is very important if anything a major part of the intent with respect to ancient text was related to this.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Lilith I think you are very realistic in your assessment, and have a very good grasp on your spirituality.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I stand by the belief the as long you don�t hurt anyone else its all good.

For reference to this specific topic I define hurt as something that is not consensual.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
[Edited on 2-8-2003 by maynardsthirdeye]

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
well - i agree with what everyones just said, so........
now i'm stuck for what to say lol

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
have given us such a wonderful thing like sex if he thought it was "dirty"?

Sex is the most physical thing there is in expressing love for each other.

Ever wonder why they don't mind showing film clips of people moaning in the streets after being attacked, but dare not show a woman in the streets moaning with pleasure?

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think there shouldn't be boundaries about sex. Except, of COURSE, age, respect and mutual consentement.
That's why most religion deceived me.(like christianity- no sex before wedding - BS!)

I'd like to refer to some old songs from a group called Blood Hound Gang ...
"You and me, baby!...are nothing but mammals, so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.."

I think that explains it all.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Lillith
I agree, and i also agree that this shuold be amongst adults.
If only we could teach this, but different cultures, and different religions have different views.
Love has no boundries.
Deep

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Whatever the religious context might be, it's worth bearing in mind that secular laws provide some pretty rigid boundaries of one sort and another.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
have given us such a wonderful thing like sex if he thought it was "dirty"?

Sex is the most physical thing there is in expressing love for each other.

Just another point of view - but is it possible that man was given sex, after Adam and Eve ate from the Tree Of Knowledge?
Did it come along with the pains of childbirth that God also bestowed at that time?

If that were the scenario, it could be a punishment!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Whatever the religious context might be, it's worth bearing in mind that secular laws provide some pretty rigid boundaries of one sort and another.

Just see Israel at the moment - the story on the news last night. A Palestinian and an Israeli Arab have got married but can only see each other six hours a day as the Palestinian is no longer allowed to move into Israel even though they are married.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
God did not give us sex as punishment for Adam and Eve's daliance.

It became "dirty" when Adam and Eve had to don the loin clothes.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was wondering whether Jesus ever actually said anything about avoiding premarital sex.

When Im wracked with guilt I console myself by telling myself that what was written in the Old Testament related to that time and that circumstance.

On that note, did Christ say anything about homosexuality?

top topics

join