It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ogopogo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
hey folks, i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the lake monster known as ogopogo. i saw a documentary about a long time ago, i think i was 6 or 7, i am 18 now, but i still remember a view photos and videos they showed. i think it is in a lake in washington, okanogan maybe, not sure about the spelling. i'm very interested in all that sort of thing, ogopogo, nessie, bigfoot... if anyone has any info about ogopogo, or where to get some good clips or stills of any of the abovementioned animals, please let me know. thank you very much.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Google
Google

Ogopogo

I had not heard of this one in years and years Thanks for the reminder]

[edit on 10-5-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
well to find pictures of ogopogo you good go to google.com go to pictures and type in ogopogo and you good find some pictures of him.

I found the legend of ogopogo
www.vernontourism.com...

and here is some more stuff on him
www.sunnyokanagan.com...

i hope it helps

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
thanks very much to the both of you for the links. i haven't heard anything about it in a while, figured i's ask

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i heared that their was a really good video that a fisherman took of it with his family and its actually one of the best video's of a suposidly mythical bests ever but ive nevwer been able to find it

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
yes, it seems unusually hard to find andy, much less good, clips pf ogopogo. it really is quite frustrating. from descriptions, it's likely nothing more than a large snake, i do not think it is an eel, i do do not believe that eels can leave the watter, and ogopogo has been seen sunning its self on the rocks. still, a very strange snake....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I was following a Bigfoot thread recently and I mentioned Ogopogo, and provided a link.
www.tourcanada.com...

My family used to camp on Okanagan Lake quite often during the time we lived in Kamloops, and I've spent days and nights floating around this fantastic lake with a fishing line in the water.

We heard all the stories, and it was something to be afraid of while you crawled into your sleeping bag at night. (we were kids)

If anyone has a link to to any video on Ogopogo, post it !!!
If you have pics, put them in this thread.........

I spent a lot of weekends worried about this creature when I was a kid and I'd really like to see some evidence that it was there.

Or was this just a tourist trap to fill the campgrounds and made more exciting by the stories told by my father, a man with an active mind? (this was the late 60's and into the 70's)(I don't think mary jane camped too far away)

I've never seen anything on this lake that would lead me to believe that anything strange was living there, but it's a very big lake. Not so wide, but it sure is long.

If anyone has had a personal experience, or more info on this subject, let me know. Post it here, or send me a u2u.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
ogopogo is at kelowna british columbia. i dont know much of the legend, but thats a huge lake.

its pretty deep, i think around 200 feet.

kelowna is a great area.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've been to the Okanagan before, it's an absolutely beautiful area. I never saw the Ogopogo, though
I don't know what the depth is, but Dulcimer is right, it is REALLY deep. Next time I see my relatives from British Columbia I'll ask them if they know of any Ogopogo sightings.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well, I've been to the okanagan a couple of times in the past few years, and i must say it really is beautiful there. However, last time i was there, approximately three years ago, i did see something quite peculiar in that lake. My father was driving east along the highway that runs parallel to the lake (sorry, a long time ago..so i forget where EXACTLY this stretch of road was), and we had just departed from Pentiction about thirty minutes prior.
At any rate, i was just gazing out the window into the lake, when something caught my eye. It couldn't have been that large, maybe a foot and a half across, but it protruded at least 5 feet from the lakes' surface. It was a fairly dark brown, almost green colour, and quite puzzled, i turned to ask my father what it was. Well, he quickly glanced over at the lake, and just dissmised it as a floating log. Well, that explination probably would have worked..had the so called log not begun to move across the lake. Well, i asked him again, and this time he looked a littel harder, and was just as puzzled as me. We were about to pull over to get a closer look, but whatever it was very suddenly pulled under the lakes surface, and did not re-emerge. I still have no idea what it was...though i doubt it was a log, as i've never seen a log float upright, moveon its own accord, and then sink. anywho...i know this story doesn't really shed much light on the subject, but I just thought I'd share my story with you. Have a super day

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting story, you had to have been on 97 as that runs North / South along the lake but does cut across, East / West, across the lake at kelowna. That and your time frame sounds about right as it takes me about 40-45 to get from pentiction to Kelowna.

It is a very beautiful area and when I am in the area (every 6-8 weeks) I often spend time at the lake when not working looking for something odd. The town of kelowna is still profiting off Ogopogo as they have all kinds of stuff for sale that has Ogopogo on it. I have a magnet, so I see Ogopogo almost every morning!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When I was a kid, me and my friends made a movie about the distant cousin of ogopogo.....ROGOPOGO!!! It was a blast. Maybe I can find a clip and post it.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darwinman1
When I was a kid, me and my friends made a movie about the distant cousin of ogopogo.....ROGOPOGO!!! It was a blast. Maybe I can find a clip and post it.

That dude sounds nasty! Have you heard of the lake monster called Oingo-Boingo??

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Is this the same thing as a snuffleopugus ?

Yeah - I haven't seen anything new on ol nesse in years !

Hope he's/she's still out there somewhere.

Now to find out more about Bigfoot riding in a ufo.

Chewee is that you !

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've started a TinWiki entry on Ogopogo and if any members have some more information that could help the Wiki entry, please drop by and contribute.

tinwiki.org...

Thanks
SD-JH543

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I live in Penticton B.C, so if y'all need any information about this, u can let me know.

By the way, they don't know how deep the lake is. Too much millfoil weed in it to measure. They don't even try to guess.

It is a nice place to live though. Hotter than stuff in the summer.

Would invite anyone to come see it, you'd be pleasantly surprised. Apples, cherries, peaches, grapes, nectarines, plums, and I even know of a guy who managed to grow bananas here (indoor greenhouse, but they grew due to our long summer).

And for all the biker fans out there, we ride 10 months a year here.

Peace.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
LOL! My girlfriend and I drove across the country 2 summers ago and I remember this area quite well. Due to the fact we didn't have any air conditioning in the car and this whole area has to be one of the hotest places on the planet lol!! Kidding...but damn!! Very beautiful though.

I actually asked about the Ogopogo at the tourist booth in Penticton and the cross-eyed guy had no idea what I was talking about!! I was a little disappointed! loL! But while I sat watching the lake I did notice that waves from passing boats did make long lasting ripples that looked like a lot of fake nessie vids I've seen.

join