It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
On a scale from 1 to 10 how strongly do you feel about the need for UFO disclosure from the United States government? If you feel very strongly about it, I think starting in 2008 we should only vote for a president who promises to fully disclose the truth about UFOs. If the entire UFO community came together just think of what we could do.

I'm going to do it starting in 2008. I'm going to use my vote for a purpose from now on...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
If the entire UFO community came together just think of what we could do.

...what would that be?? Eat a whole lot of peanut M&Ms and play a whole lot of Star Wars Stratego?? *tips hat to 'Triumph the Insult Dog'*

But...on a serious note: I don't feel the need for the US Govt to come forth with any UFO Disclosure...for the simple fact I don't trust anything the US Govt has to say.

So even if your President went live on TV, holding hands with ET and Zaphod Beeblebrox, declaring Alien involvement on Earth for decades...I would be inclined to think he was lying - probably because his lips were moving...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I got a laugh out of that, hehe

No really... I doubt they'll tell us the truth because it's been too many years of lying and cover up. If they came out now and told us the truth just think how it would make them look? There would be anarchy I think...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, I don't think I would trust anything the Gov't would disclose at this point. Its all been misinformation, disinformation and denial up until now. Even if they called it "disclosure" I doubt it would ever actually be that.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i think that Jimmy Carter promised a Full Disclosure about UFOs
if & when he got elected,

well, he got elected President- , and then he reneiged? went-back on his
Disclosure promise.

but you think? you (or your idea) can mobilize the nation and affect an election cycle......poof!
its been tried and failed already
but keep trying other ploys
thats what the forums are for

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think Govt. disclosure could be very significant, if in fact they have been in contact. It seems we're somewhat being groomed for disclosure. But, like the others, I think the disclosure will be half truths and disinformation.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In my opinion, for any kind of disclosure to happen, it would have to happen independently of the government, (contact being made to the general public without the government's intervention). I think that the government doesn't really want disclosure because they're afraid that they might lose the hold on any power they thought they had.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

No really... I doubt they'll tell us the truth because it's been too many years of lying and cover up. If they came out now and told us the truth just think how it would make them look?

This is true... tell a lie, then tell another to cover the first... and so on. Disclosure would be admitting they lied, so they would lose all credibility, so how could you believe what they disclose? It's a catch 22, and they know this, so I don't think they will ever disclose anything.

I don't need government disclosure to know that theres something going on.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

If the entire UFO community came together just think of what we could do.

But...on a serious note: I don't feel the need for the US Govt to come forth with any UFO Disclosure...for the simple fact I don't trust anything the US Govt has to say.

So even if your President went live on TV, holding hands with ET and Zaphod Beeblebrox, declaring Alien involvement on Earth for decades...I would be inclined to think he was lying - probably because his lips were moving...

I agree with Ails......The More the Government try to tell us the Truth......The More we KNOW they are lying.......Its seems weirdly 'comforting' somehow???....when they keep their mouths shut

So, I for one......Hope they DO keep their mouths shut........then

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
if you become president and whane tell the wolrd about the coverups. They just going to kill you Before you can do it

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
someone please take this wool from over my eyes.

Nothing will be forth coming. Why would they risk a slide in popularity? Why would they want to lose control of you/us/society?

The govts have got us right where they wants us - confused and disheartend.

Its hard to deny ignorance when ignorance is defined by our governments.

However I ain't given up, because it is impossible we are alone. Whether they are here, visiting, that's another story.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
We in the U.S. should be given complete and unfettered informaton about the existence of UFO's or E.T.'s I feel very strongly that our govt. has had info. on this topic for many decades and refuses to acknowledge the fact to the public at large. I do doubt that they will ever be forthcoming with serious info. How would the populace feel if it found out they were for real? I suspect wide spread panic and hysteria would break out and overrule any type of civility or respect for the law. I also beleive, that if we ever find out about them it will most likely be from them coming forward on their own unless the govt. informs us first; but I would not hold my breath till then.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
meshuggah,

The challenge with using this in a political campaign are (1) you must have unity of ideas first and (2) you cannot make an attack on secrecy in public and expect to win. We can slowly investigate secret things, FOIA and all, but a full frontal assault means you better know you are right, in detail, and be very, very good.

The idea that Disclosure (actual truth) would cause panic or any significant change in the perception of the government is just incorrect. We are past that believe it or not. We as a society have explored the what ifs from the horrible to the siblime. Disclosure would have a HUGE impact, and for some small number of people a destructive impact, but that is all.

Oh, and in answer to your original question, 10.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Alexander Tau]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
what i think is that goverment will do is purposly leak info on aliens like we may have seen whatever just months before they say that they exist so they cant be blamed for lying about it all this time
but this is just best guess so arrgh words
sry this is kind of confusing cant get the words otu

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

On a scale from 1 to 10 how strongly do you feel about the need for UFO disclosure from the United States government? If you feel very strongly about it, I think starting in 2008 we should only vote for a president who promises to fully disclose the truth about UFOs. If the entire UFO community came together just think of what we could do.

I'm going to do it starting in 2008. I'm going to use my vote for a purpose from now on...

Then I guess you'll be one of the many non-voters. You will never get a serious candidate who uses alien disclosure as part of their campaign.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
because chances are there is nothing to disclose.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It will never happen unless the planet is headed for total destruction. Like a huge asteroid hit that we have 0 chances of deflecting. In those final hours I am sure the Goverment will release every known fact that they are witholding.

Other then that I would not hold your breath about disclosure, even IF the aliens were ever to land in mass, I bet the Goverment would still hold onto what it knows in the event that humanity is somehow spared total anihilation by some Aliens.

Because the Goverment can always say hey we did not know about THEM, we are just as shocked as you are. The Goverment has never denied completely the possible existence of an Alien race. Just they have not publicly said "yes we know they exist and we have proof".

That one statement we will not here unless we are faced with total destruction and that will just be a favor to humanity in our final hours that we will go to our graves knowing that aliens are real.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i think that Jimmy Carter promised a Full Disclosure about UFOs
if & when he got elected,

well, he got elected President- , and then he reneiged? went-back on his
Disclosure promise.

but you think? you (or your idea) can mobilize the nation and affect an election cycle......poof!
its been tried and failed already
but keep trying other ploys
thats what the forums are for

Yes Carter did promise that and you know what happened once he took office??? He was paid a visit by the CIA. He never brought the subject up again after that.......

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You have to wonder what was said to Carter after he became President. Did they directly threaten the guy's life, or did they use more subtle tactics to get the point across? I think they probably told him some things and then told him why the people can't know. Once he was aware of the magnitude of the situation and the repercussions to himself and the public, telling the people wasn't even an option. Jimmuh just said "OK then.........bah bah now".

Peace

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think they would have made the rest of his term a living hell, and once he was done they'd assassinate him and make it look like a murder. *Drops 2 cents in the bucket*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join